> Help needed on st202 conversion
post Dec 17, 2014 - 2:05 PM
+Quote Post
Rob_t

Enthusiast

Joined Dec 17, '14
From Desborough
Currently Offline

Hi all new to group I was told that you guys may be able help me out on here.

Well where do I begin I had recently brought my 2nd st202 import 6th gen and then the problems started. Took it to garage to be professionally fixed and after a bodged helicoil and swarf in my engine she was no more. Now being my daily I needed to get her up and running again quickly. I have three more weeks till I lose mg hire car to finish her and when the pars came up for the conversion and the seller advising me how easy it was to do I thought why not let's convert her. I will lost all the parts I have been given and any help or known problems I am going occur etc then all hell and advice will be greatly appreciated guys.

I have the following

Rev2 3sgte engine out of a jdm import
All wiring loom and sensors on engine also
The cars gearbox which I have removed as no can run on my standard st202 for now
I have the turbo and a spare
Two different sized intercoolers also bit stuck there ?
Full down pipe , modified manifold and decat pipe

I need to know wether te existing wiring from st202 can fit or if need to run whe new loom off new engine.
Also in regards to intercooler what one do I use and can I use standard for now until fit a front mounted at later date ?
And also any other snags or problems or pars I will need along the way.

I need her running at the moment for commuting work and at later date will play at modifying for bhp etc smile.gif

Thanks in advance people

Rob
post Dec 17, 2014 - 9:12 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

are u using an english translator, are u in the US.

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28825

here you will find some info...

the second generation 3sgte, is hard to swap, have you ever swapped before?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 18, 2014 - 2:49 AM
+Quote Post
Rob_t

Enthusiast

Joined Dec 17, '14
From Desborough
Currently Offline

No Im based in the uk.

And no never done the swap before like said was told by seller of the engine and all parts how easy it is and it's a simple bolt on bit already starting to see that this isn't the case at all. Thanks for link will take a read smile.gif
post Dec 18, 2014 - 1:34 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

it be simpler to swap a rev 4 3sgte. the mechanics are not hard, but if you are in the uk, either you do the wiring, or pay someone. Here the us theres a couple of guys that do it. The 2nd gen wiring, and the a/c are different, even for idle up, youre going to have to do a lot of reading.,

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 19, 2014 - 3:10 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

As far as bolting it in, the 2nd gen 3S is a direct fit for your ST202. The wiring will be a big issue. You'll need to modify the wiring to work in your car. You'll be able to use your trans and axles, but the clutch setup will depend on whether you have an E56 or S54 trans. Overall it's not a bad swap but you'll need to pay someone to do the wiring unless you're brave enough to tackle it yourself. It's around 200 hp, so a lot of cost for not huge gains.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 20, 2014 - 7:39 AM
+Quote Post
digs

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 2, '11
From southampton
Currently Offline

Can you not do a complete loom swap including ecu and sensors, or is there issues with that then? Deleting the aircon first.

This post has been edited by digs: Dec 20, 2014 - 7:40 AM
post Dec 21, 2014 - 12:06 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

ok. the big issue with the wiring is that, you want to swap your apartments wiring, to bring it to your new house. You see its impossible without serious modifications.

Thats why its easier to modify your existing engine wiring and coupling it with the new swap wiring.

the plugs in the engine may be similar location, but the junction to the body are not. the 6th gen celica uses three plugs in the center console, the II1, II2, and IJ1. And the junction fuse box, the DLC1 and the EA1 plug in the engine bay. Which are particular to the 6th gen.

you would have to rewire the engine harness to these plugs, so that you can use the engine.

Thats the intricate portion of the swap. lagos did this in one of his posts.

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39327

so its doable, but you need to do a lot of legwork

like me, im wiring an engine to do this..

the wiring in this particular is more complicated, but still, have to make it to plug into the celica.

the second rev 3sgte, does not use an idle up ecu pin to increase idling, when u use the aircon, it uses a vacuum valve.

--------------------

post Dec 24, 2014 - 2:21 AM
+Quote Post
nsxtypeR

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 3, '06
From The Netherlands
Currently Offline

I have a converted engine loom if you're interested. Dont know if theres a major difference between jdm and oem spec. Mine was a oem loom from a st185

--------------------
JDM ST205
post Jan 3, 2015 - 12:26 PM
+Quote Post
Rob_t

Enthusiast

Joined Dec 17, '14
From Desborough
Currently Offline

QUOTE (nsxtypeR @ Dec 24, 2014 - 2:21 AM) *
I have a converted engine loom if you're interested. Dont know if theres a major difference between jdm and oem spec. Mine was a oem loom from a st185

Hi how much was you looking at for the converted loom please ?
post Jan 4, 2015 - 4:24 PM
+Quote Post
nsxtypeR

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 3, '06
From The Netherlands
Currently Offline

Pm send

--------------------
JDM ST205

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 2:35 AM