Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

QUOTE (demmahom34 @ Mar 2, 2018 - 9:28 PM) *
Oh **** that was you!!! i saw it right before it flew off my windshield
And yea i work there

Ok thanks and was that at zury fabrications bcuz i tried calling them and it wasnt in service

Its so weird that this was the first time seeing the car around lol

The revision of the rear was done by Zury.
Although the work was okay, (the place that did my exhaust before did way better but was up in PA) the service was not great.
Id try and find somewhere else if you are really concerned about quality/service.

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Mar 5, 2018 - 3:18 PM
+Quote Post
demmahom34

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 29, '17
From Columbia, Maryland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Mar 4, 2018 - 11:08 PM) *
QUOTE (demmahom34 @ Mar 2, 2018 - 9:28 PM) *
Oh **** that was you!!! i saw it right before it flew off my windshield
And yea i work there

Ok thanks and was that at zury fabrications bcuz i tried calling them and it wasnt in service

Its so weird that this was the first time seeing the car around lol

The revision of the rear was done by Zury.
Although the work was okay, (the place that did my exhaust before did way better but was up in PA) the service was not great.
Id try and find somewhere else if you are really concerned about quality/service.

Yea ill try and find another one and what did you put one the paper?
post Mar 6, 2018 - 3:05 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

Oh I mentioned that you should check out 6GC.net and the facebook page lol

Installed my Anti-Sub belts on the drivers side. Next weekend looking to firm up the brake pedal with a bleed, there bleeder fitting on the passenger rear may have failed but I am going to give it another go before replacing it.

Still waiting on the other Recaro thats on backorder. Other than that there isnt much else to do. Mount a fire extinguisher, install brake ducting, maybe a tow hook, maybe a diffuser.
Not sure if I want to fix the gas leak or just run with half talk all the time. Not feeling motivated to drop the tank.

Starting to research and log info on roots and twin screw superchargers rolleyes.gif

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Mar 7, 2018 - 2:51 AM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Radical man, does the beams fit better w/ a supercharger vs a turbo?
post Mar 7, 2018 - 10:16 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

you're gonna need to cut another hole in your hood. lol

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Mar 12, 2018 - 8:22 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

QUOTE (TimeslideZ @ Mar 7, 2018 - 3:51 AM) *
Radical man, does the beams fit better w/ a supercharger vs a turbo?

Not really no. The turbo is in a more accessible place compared to where I plan to put the supercharger.

QUOTE (cheela @ Mar 7, 2018 - 11:16 AM) *
you're gonna need to cut another hole in your hood. lol

Nope! Its all going on the lower back. Its going to be the motors lower back tattoo

finally did some stuff the past couple weekends!

Drilled some holes to mount the anti-sub belts and re-positioned the seat a bit. Still waiting on the other seat to come off backorder. Still waiting for my dream seat to pop up before this other seat comes off backorder

FINALLY did some ducting work for the front rotors. I had been wanting to do this for years.
I had other plans for the connection to the rotor but they seemed overly complicated so I just when for a simpler approach. The routing and articulation became the more important thing to focus on. So far everything moves fine but will have to see how it handles when driving. Fingers crossed it doesn't get shredded.

Sealed the gaps with some high temp silicone. Lets see if it holds up!

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Mar 12, 2018 - 8:35 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

hey what about that rotor spec.

I cant find the pedal, but i have to make the third one soon, because i need to reposition the pedal again, ill send you this one i have..

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Mar 12, 2018 - 8:39 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

OOO Thank you for reminding me. I havent mounted the other rotor so I will measure that before I put it back on. (when im back by the car in a couple weeks)

Ill use the mk2 pedal to make my own mk3 lol. If the design can be simplified in anyway, I might be able to 3D print it and get a good edition made up out of alum or something

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Mar 13, 2018 - 1:09 PM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Mike, have you done a full range-of-motion check to confirm that the tubing isn't going to bind up under full compression and lock?

It looks awesome FWIW.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Mar 13, 2018 - 2:17 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

Yup!
There are a couple concern spots that may come into play after seeing air turbulence and vibrations. Ill address those as I go.

The axle on the drivers side and the axle and crank pulley on the passenger side are the highlights.
Its a fun thing trying making sure the tubing doesnt move in some spots but allowing its movement in others.

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Mar 14, 2018 - 2:07 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

The awesomeness continues. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Mar 14, 2018 - 2:07 AM

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Mar 14, 2018 - 2:13 AM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Did someone say... Shredder time?!?!?!
post Mar 14, 2018 - 10:11 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Mar 13, 2018 - 2:17 PM) *
Yup!
There are a couple concern spots that may come into play after seeing air turbulence and vibrations. Ill address those as I go.

The axle on the drivers side and the axle and crank pulley on the passenger side are the highlights.
Its a fun thing trying making sure the tubing doesnt move in some spots but allowing its movement in others.

It's good that you've taken the time to look over your concern spots... Packaging space and range of motion was always the hardest part of vehicle design.

Luckily for me, 95% of my parts never moved, so I only had minimal exposure to the latter.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Mar 14, 2018 - 2:28 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Mar 14, 2018 - 11:11 AM) *
It's good that you've taken the time to look over your concern spots... Packaging space and range of motion was always the hardest part of vehicle design.

Luckily for me, 95% of my parts never moved, so I only had minimal exposure to the latter.

Its a bit more difficult on FWD due to the axle shafts going into the hub. You have so much more usable space with a clear RWD front hub. Plus my wheels take up alot of space in the well so there isnt much space for tubing to squeeze by. The tires have rub spots all over the inner well lol

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Mar 14, 2018 - 3:41 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

The grassroots is real, I feel inspired. That's what I need to do, make some kind of race car.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 8, 2018 - 11:38 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

how is your s54 at the track. besides the bad syncros. a friend of mine has recently began tracking his beams and mid corner downshift or upshifts is difficult because of sticky tires. so the situation sort of like oil starvation on an engine from HIgh g-forces.

i wonder if anyone else experiences this???

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Apr 9, 2018 - 9:17 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

Car on the ground update:

Biggest issue of the month was a ordeal with RECARO.

I ordered a second Profi SPG in March. They were on back order since January.
I got it in and installed it, I noticed a few slightly off stitches and other things weird things that made this seat look a little crappier than the first seat, i moved on.... While messing around in my trunk I looked up and realized the newer seat did not have the RECARO logo on the rear of the headrest like the one I got in November.

The crappy part is that I noticed this at 3pm on a Saturday. The distributor I ordered the seat from closed at 2pm...and I was going out of town the next day and would be gone for 2 weeks.
Long story shot:
The first seat I got in December was made by RECARO US. The second seat was made by RECARO Germany because RECARO US moved location and couldnt produce seats.
The distributor said RECARO US couldnt make seats for another 8 weeks and that I could just get another German made one and send back the older one.

I said no.
Called another distributor who had one US made one left. They held it for me. I mentioned this to the first distributor and they called the other place and where able to work out having them send me their seat.

All is well now.
Here is a pic.
No confetti yet. Too poor to upholster.

forethought makes future mike happy

took my fuel tank out to fix a leak[/b

[b]
found an old patch

the perp

the cause

Used some ethanol resistant bubblegum to patch the hole
Coated the top tank with rust encapsulator from Eastwood and then truck bed lined it.

bled the brakes again (remotely thanks to gorpo and speed bleeders) then put the car on the ground

This post has been edited by Tigawoods: Apr 9, 2018 - 9:18 AM

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Apr 9, 2018 - 4:06 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Ewww, that fuel tank...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 10, 2018 - 10:07 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Apr 8, 2018 - 12:38 PM) *
how is your s54 at the track. besides the bad syncros. a friend of mine has recently began tracking his beams and mid corner downshift or upshifts is difficult because of sticky tires. so the situation sort of like oil starvation on an engine from HIgh g-forces.

i wonder if anyone else experiences this???

Im not sure the issue he is having. Mine is fine. Track designs vary so the gearing may be good for one and not the other.
Oil starvation shouldnt be TOO large a problem but that can be solved with an accusump, or a drysump setup

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post May 15, 2018 - 7:45 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

A few last minute things where done before the first track day of the year.

I grabbed a set of solid mounts from BRD. I was a little skeptical of the OE installed front mount and its integrity (Im sure it would have been fine) with the solid mounts installed, so I got a brand new one from Toyota. Then I burned it to the ground. Felt kind of bad.

Got a new braille battery to replace my 5ry old 'dead' one. I also bought some batteryminder products to see if the old Braille can be desulfated and reused. Im not holding my breath.

Had some spare time when the car was done and on the ground. Went and grabbed some dry ice (but forgot to grab isopropyl alcohol) to remove the sound deadning.

Here is what I used to remove the remaining tar glue and what I will be using to paint it back to the purple color (I also used this for the mirrors)

The afternoon before my trackday I got an alignment done at my buddies shop.
I also put on some number panel decals and a small side banner for my buddies shop.

At Pocono Raceway. We were so lucky to get some garage spots

The rotors got some working with heavy braking after the front and back straights. I am still a little wary of them and am still trying to find a replacement.

The tires in the rear (the drivers side more so) rub quite a bit. I have ordered a smaller rear spacer to see if that helps a bit but there isnt much room left between the rear strut and the tire frown.gif

I have a bit of in car video I will upload later. Up next is cage planning and figuring out wether to to do a 10gal fuel cell or just keep the OE tank and get a fuel surge tank to add on

This post has been edited by Tigawoods: May 15, 2018 - 8:22 AM

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!

107 Pages V  « < 96 97 98 99 100 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 9:15 AM