> the Story of my SS II GT, What actually happened
post Dec 16, 2014 - 1:52 AM
+Quote Post
absgrafix

Enthusiast

Joined Dec 15, '14
From Blantyre, Malawi
Currently Offline

So my uncle had this celica ss II before it came into my hands..it was given to a workshop to be worked on the suspension..(CV's, shocks etc..)
bought all new parts and gave 'em in. After afew weeks we recieved a call to pick up the car..and so ,we went there to do just that..
As they handed us the keys, we started her up and as soon as we did that..the engine gave a knocking sound. We asked them what they did, and they said they just sealed an oil leak.WHO THE HELL TOLD U TO DO THAT!!. After a whole lot of discussion, the workshop said that they did not do anything, and so we just got fed up and rolled the car to my sisters house, where apparently it sat idle for 8months, untouched.

Then came my 18th birthday in august 2014.
My uncle handed me the keys and said that was my birthday gift. I appreciated it because i always wanted to work on a car from scratch.
And so the next day, i called a mechanic and headed to the house.
Opened up the bottom part of the engine..dropped the crankshaft..and found that the conrods and main bearings were worn out..left that aside..
As oil was not reaching the top part of the engine, we found that the oil holes in the engines were blocked with metal pieces in them..(have no idea how the hell that happened).

sorted that out,replaced bearings and bang, she started up souding amazing. I put a sound system, modified the bumper,headlights, tail lamps,rims,interior,steering and alot more!!.. all thats left is CV's and adjustment of tappets. Check her out on my profile!!

Posts in this topic
- absgrafix   the Story of my SS II GT   Dec 16, 2014 - 1:52 AM
- - JoshuaM   QUOTE (absgrafix @ Dec 16, 2014 - 2...   Dec 17, 2014 - 7:26 AM
- - absgrafix   Yes @JoshuaM ..every modification on the car ...   Feb 18, 2015 - 2:29 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:52 AM