6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

60 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Richee3's Progress thread., Wilwood BBK installed.
post Apr 11, 2010 - 5:27 PM
+Quote Post
Zake

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 7, '10
From Ft. Lauderdale
Currently Offline

that looks like the same color as my car. my window sticker says blue slate metallic/black. (if you were wondering)

--------------------

Never Forget. - 2013 Mustang. I miss you every day.
post Apr 11, 2010 - 5:31 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Zake @ Apr 11, 2010 - 6:27 PM) *
that looks like the same color as my car. my window sticker says blue slate metallic/black. (if you were wondering)

That's what the previous owner told me when I picked the car up yesterday. Slate Blue, she said. Close enough. I've noticed that the car always turns out blue in my pictures but looks more gray in person.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Apr 11, 2010 - 6:22 PM
+Quote Post
Ted95

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '09
From Westport, MA
Currently Offline

3ssssssss!!!!!! lol

--------------------
st205 powered ss3 coupe
post Apr 11, 2010 - 6:42 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I took the valve cover off to powdercoat it and promote the powdercoating that I am doing for 6gc, and I found a little something. These are the spark plug wires for cylinders #3 and 4. I think cylinder #3 might have had something going on... laugh.gif

I'm pulling this motor and scrapping it anyway, so it can be just as messed up as it wants.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post May 1, 2010 - 3:59 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

After talking to bmj67, I have decided to try and rebuild this motor myself. He gave me some very helpful links and the service manual. And I can't possibly mess the motor up any worse than it already is, so I might as well try. I've never rebuilt an engine before except for a single cylinder lawnmower engine a few years ago, so any tips or advice will be helpful and much appreciated.

Or I might just sell the car/part it out. Who knows.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post May 1, 2010 - 4:27 PM
+Quote Post
Keiri

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '04
From Charlotte, NC
Currently Offline

Dan, I say take your time and rebuild the engine - you've got a great DD and if this project doesn't pan out you can part it later.

Looking forward to more updates and I wish you the best of luck.

--------------------
Has no more Celicas
post May 1, 2010 - 5:22 PM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

^^^^ Werd. Learn all you can about rebuilds from this, b/c you have another car that can be used as a DD.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post May 2, 2010 - 1:24 AM
+Quote Post
johnnehh

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From Oakley, CA
Currently Offline

If you part it out I will drive all the way out there and backhand you.

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica GT (GT4 conversion) - SOLD :(
2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro - Daily Driver
post May 2, 2010 - 9:58 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (johnnehh @ May 2, 2010 - 1:24 AM) *

So I can still sell it as a whole then? tongue.gif

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post May 2, 2010 - 12:43 PM
+Quote Post
Keiri

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '04
From Charlotte, NC
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ May 2, 2010 - 10:58 AM) *
QUOTE (johnnehh @ May 2, 2010 - 1:24 AM) *

So I can still sell it as a whole then? tongue.gif

If you sell the whole car...I'll give you what you paid for it at the least.

--------------------
Has no more Celicas
post May 2, 2010 - 12:45 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

PART PART PART!

I mean, keep it.

If you do part it, I'LL have to backhand two people. John for attempting to backhand you, which he just can't do, and then I'd have to backhand you for selling it.

And yes, I can because that's what I have to do to keep vanilla bear in line. End of story.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: May 2, 2010 - 12:46 PM

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Jun 17, 2010 - 7:55 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Alrighty, so after contemplating selling the car, I have decided to keep it. Game on. Here are my plans for it. Looking for input/comments.

-Pulling my blown 5S, sending the cams to Crower to get a regrind.
-Get the head ported/polished.
-I will be picking up a used 5S in the next couple of weeks, and put the P/P head and cams in that.
-Intake w/ custom made heat shield.
-Ebay header.
-All new exhaust. Still 2.5", going to get a new cat put in (save the earth and all that jazz), routed under axle, into a stock muffler. Not looking for huge performance gains. I just want something quiet.
-Exedy clutch, OEM replacement.

Overall, adding a few hp, but not a lot. Just going to pep it up a little bit. The motor I will be picking up will hold off long enough just to get a 3S for the car. Inputs, advice, suggestions all welcomed.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 17, 2010 - 8:22 PM
+Quote Post
pagii

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 23, '10
From Madison, WI
Currently Offline

nice richee! haha im gonna start one up too just gotta figure out how to get pics from my camera to this mac lol

--------------------
96 Land Cruiser -Sold
88 All-trac -Now a front clip
90 Celica - Sold
94 Prelude -Sold
94 Celica - Project Optimus Prime LoL
post Jun 17, 2010 - 9:02 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

thumbsup.gif

Good stuff R2.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Jun 18, 2010 - 9:33 AM
+Quote Post
Keiri

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '04
From Charlotte, NC
Currently Offline

Now this is what I like to hear!

Good choice and way to stick with it. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Has no more Celicas
post Jun 18, 2010 - 11:24 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

yeah man, its easy to pull out and put in an engine.

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jun 19, 2010 - 12:02 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Jun 18, 2010 - 12:24 PM) *
yeah man, its easy to pull out and put in an engine.

Gonna work on it tomorrow. Wiring harness is disconnected, throttle cables disconnected, small things here and there unplugged. Just a few more things to unplug and it should be good to go. Contemplating leaving the transmission on the car, but I'll probably just pull it out too.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 19, 2010 - 2:38 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Small progress, but progress nonetheless. Today I kicked the Lexus out of the garage and got the Celica in. Took off the hood, a few plastic bits and pieces, hooked up a comealong to pull the engine, disconnected a few hoses here and there, opened up the car and set a fan up to help it air out, and then got hung up with a few things. So I just quit working on it and pushed it back outside. It's pretty hot and humid, and I've got to go to work here in a few minutes. Plus I'm a quitter. I know exactly what the hangup is. I was just bored with taking plastic off and I got to the fuse box under the hood and I just stopped at that. I didn't really feel like getting under the car to disconnect all the shift linkages and take the axles out and everything today. It's pretty hot. But, since this is almost an update, I have to have a picture. Cell phone quality FTW!

Also discovered another new problem. One of the wheel studs is broken on the back right wheel. 1.) New parts FTW! and 2.) This is the same problem that started a chain reaction with my black Celica that finally resulted in me selling the car. So... I'm gonna rub this in my dad's face. And then he will NOT help me fix it like last time laugh.gif

Just a couple more pictures of a few things.

Pretty sure these are the original spark plugs that came in the car. They look nice and toasted. I was able to loosen the spark plug on cylinder #1 by hand.

Just so you guys know, it smells rotten inside this engine. Took the valve cover off, started to take the cams out, and every time I broke one of the bolts loose that hold the cams in, it released a smell of rotten... female genitals. It's pretty rank. Let this be a lesson to you n00bs out there. Always do your maintenance and change your oil, or else you'll get to deal with the same things I am right now.

This post has been edited by richee3: Jun 19, 2010 - 2:39 PM

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 19, 2010 - 4:25 PM
+Quote Post
pagii

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 23, '10
From Madison, WI
Currently Offline

"Took the valve cover off, started to take the cams out, and every time I broke one of the bolts loose that hold the cams in, it released a smell of rotten... female genitals' -richee3 hahaha favorite quote for the weekend lol dude at least your making progress i cant start till monday tongue.gif

--------------------
96 Land Cruiser -Sold
88 All-trac -Now a front clip
90 Celica - Sold
94 Prelude -Sold
94 Celica - Project Optimus Prime LoL
post Jun 19, 2010 - 6:15 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

wow look at all that nastyness.

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.

60 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:43 AM