> NEED HELP WITH GAUGE BEZEL!!
post May 15, 2007 - 3:51 PM
+Quote Post
maurer11sdk

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 8, '07
From new jersey
Currently Offline

hey guys i wanted to do somthing with my gauges so i went to ebay blah blah blah got gauge faceplates reverse glow ones there really nice put them on.. didnt take any of my needles off like i read and now NOTHING works except like the seat belt light, or the door open light.. please help me a.s.a.p i have too many tickets i have to pay and dont need another one for not knowing how fast im going.. or even when my gas will be almost empty.. if anyone could give me some suggestions id really appreciate it.
post May 15, 2007 - 8:55 PM
+Quote Post
goferris

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 14, '07
From Provo, UT USA
Currently Offline

QUOTE(maurer11sdk @ May 15, 2007 - 2:51 PM) [snapback]557999[/snapback]

hey guys i wanted to do somthing with my gauges so i went to ebay blah blah blah got gauge faceplates reverse glow ones there really nice put them on.. didnt take any of my needles off like i read and now NOTHING works except like the seat belt light, or the door open light.. please help me a.s.a.p i have too many tickets i have to pay and dont need another one for not knowing how fast im going.. or even when my gas will be almost empty.. if anyone could give me some suggestions id really appreciate it.

only thing that i can think of is make sure all 3 plugs in the back are in tightly. otherwise you may have shorted something. best of luck to you on getting them fixed.

--------------------

Call me a traitor! See if I care. ;)
post May 16, 2007 - 6:51 AM
+Quote Post
bman

Enthusiast
Joined May 14, '07
From Long Island
Currently Offline

look for a blown fuses as well

also your needles may be stuck (no clearance for them to move!) i wound up removing my needles when I did it and re-installing.

I used a GPS to get my speedometer needle accurate and the rest was easy

--------------------
94 Celica ST - CAI, CarPuter, many interior mods!
post May 16, 2007 - 10:01 AM
+Quote Post
Negative

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 28, '04
From Houston, Texas
Currently Offline

Make sure the dimmer is hooked up. That switch when not hooked up causes something weird like this - I can't remember the exact effects but I know for sure that the lights will not come on.

--------------------
IPB Image
post May 16, 2007 - 12:28 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

check the dimmer.
check the conections
check the fuses,
where did you hook up the power for the new gauges? that could probably be shorting. Did you do + with +?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post May 16, 2007 - 1:04 PM
+Quote Post
maurer11sdk

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 8, '07
From new jersey
Currently Offline

the gauges light up so what i hooked up works and all thats fine its just the gauges arent reading at all.. i rev it and nothing on the rpms.. im moving nothing on the speedo is moving..
post May 16, 2007 - 1:32 PM
+Quote Post
CaliJeff

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 22, '07
From Bay Area, California
Currently Offline

its possible that when you took off the dash and placed on the gauges, the static from your hands blew the circuit inside the controller for the reverse glow gauges. you might have to get another unit...

--------------------
You say you don't understand how we go dumb, but have you ever been where i'm from?

-=-] Livin it in tha bay's a lil different [-=-
post May 16, 2007 - 6:11 PM
+Quote Post
maurer11sdk

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 8, '07
From new jersey
Currently Offline

wait so my gauge needles themselves would not move because i touched them? like i dont understand if you mean the needles themselves or my reverse gauges because my reverse gauge lights light up its just the gauges wont read...
post May 17, 2007 - 1:29 PM
+Quote Post
lubu

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 2, '07
From Great Western Plateau
Currently Offline

static electric can probably damage delicate stuffs like RAM but not this.
i agree with goferris, i think you need to check the 3 plugs make sure you hear a click when you put them back on.

--------------------

98% completion
---
aaRon

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 11:44 AM