> Gen 4 3sgte turbo map sensor, Opinions
post Oct 14, 2017 - 6:00 PM
+Quote Post
Tmiller

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 21, '17
From Miller42!
Currently Offline

Do I 100% need a turbo map sensor the one that is plugged into the intake ? I was told I can just go away with it and do it direct
post Oct 15, 2017 - 8:31 AM
+Quote Post
HardHead93

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 7, '15
From New Mexico
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tmiller @ Oct 14, 2017 - 7:00 PM) *
Do I 100% need a turbo map sensor the one that is plugged into the intake ? I was told I can just go away with it and do it direct

You 100% need a MAP sensor weather it be the stock one on the intake or an aftermarket one. The MAP sensor works with the O2 sensor to determine how much fuel the engine needs at any given rpm. If you run without a MAP sensor that is like asking a person to walk with 1 leg. It is not a matter of if it fails but when.

I am not sure what you mean by going direct. If it mean you are using an aftermarket ECU with a built in MAP then yes you can do that but you cannot omit the MAP sensor completely.

Another word of advice. It sounds like you are in the middle of your gen 4 3sgte build right now. Instead of starting multiple threads to get your questions answered, start 1 thread with a more general title like "4th Gen 3sgte Swap" and put all your questions there. It will keep all the information in one place and it will let people know it is all part of the same build. I also suggest reading my thread on my build it is located here:
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=96700
Start on page 3 because that is when I gave up on the 5sfte and did the 3sgte swap. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 5:21 PM