> XAT RACING, what do you think
post Aug 15, 2005 - 9:40 AM
+Quote Post
celica47

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '05
From Tampa, Florida
Currently Offline

Stage 1+ Celica 2ng gen 3SGTE swap into US FWD Toyota Celica: includes 2nd gen JDM Celica 3S-GTE clip, custom Front mount intercooler piping with PWR core, Walbro Fuel pump, all fluids, belts, hoses, plugs, installation, tuning, and 30 day warranty.... $4500

Stage 2 Celica 3rd gen 3SGTE swap into US FWD Toyota Celica: includes 3rd gen JDM Celica 3S-GTE motor-set,
2nd gen MR2 tranny and jack-shafts, custom Front mount intercooler piping with Spearco core, Walbro Fuel pump, Greddy Profec B -II Boost controller, turbo back custom exhaust, all fluids, belts, hoses, plugs, install, tuning, and 30 day warranty.... $6500

XAT Racing Stand Alone Engine Management installed into your 3S-GTE swapped US Celica -
$1400 installed and dyno tuned.

Hey guys do you think i should look into having these guys do that if i have the money...the only bad part is that its only for a 5 speed celica already. i would have to get a tranny then have them do it. I was thinking the stage 1 setup would be nice

--------------------
I'am Reinventing the SLow Lane.....
post Aug 15, 2005 - 9:44 AM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

STAGE 2!
post Aug 15, 2005 - 9:47 AM
+Quote Post
celica47

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '05
From Tampa, Florida
Currently Offline

They also do they 4agze swap

84-87 AE86 RWD GT-S chassis swaps:

4A-GZE Swap Stage 1: includes 4A-GZE engine and supercharger, fuel pump,
custom manifold-back exhaust, hi-flow cat, all cooling lines, fluids, plugs, belts, all wiring and installation...$3500.00

4A-GZE Turbo Swap Stage 2: includes 4A-GZE engine, walbro fuel pump, turbo manifold,
T25 Turbo, custom Front-Mount Intercooler, RFL BOV, cat-back exhaust, injectors,
XAT Racing Stand Alone Engine Management, install and dyno tuning...$5800

4A-GE AE111 20 valve black-top swap stage 1: includes 4A-GE 20V engine, fuel pump, cat-back exhaust, custom cooling system, fluids, plugs, belts, all wiring and install...$4500

For 84-87 SR5 RWD swaps, add $500 to the above packages, which includes 10 gallon RCI Fuel Cell, lines and fabrication, and additional wiring (customer must provide GT-S tranny)

also with the 3sgte:
XAT Racing Stand Alone Engine Management installed into your 3S-GTE swapped US Celica -
$1400 installed and dyno tuned

--------------------
post Aug 15, 2005 - 6:39 PM
+Quote Post
Rjb23

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 8, '04
From KY
Currently Offline

They know what they are doing, and from my talking to them they have great customer service. They helped me out with some questions I had and I wasn't even having them do my swap.

If you get the stage 2, all you would need is a e153 tranny and you would be set, you may even be able to use the 3rd gen axles with a e153/w lsd. I'm not for sure though you could ask them.
post Aug 15, 2005 - 8:35 PM
+Quote Post
lagos

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

depends on how much money u got!

--------------------
15PSI - 30MPG - Megasquirt Tuned
post Aug 17, 2005 - 7:24 PM
+Quote Post
celica47

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '05
From Tampa, Florida
Currently Offline

Yeah no kidding...as we all know it all boils down to how much money you got. lol. Hey Rjb how did you hear about them, there located in Tampa and who would i talk to. Because i know the 3sgte might be out of my price range but i want to ask them if they could set me up a turbo in my car or putting the 4agze in it?

--------------------
post Aug 17, 2005 - 8:04 PM
+Quote Post
Jen

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 14, '03
From Jacksonville, FL
Currently Offline

They're great. But they have a long waiting list.

Also they do tranny swaps. But off the top of my head, I can't remember how much it was.

This post has been edited by Jen: Aug 17, 2005 - 8:05 PM

--------------------
YoungSurvival.Org
-

Celica traded for.. 350z.. traded for Mazda5.. soccer mom!
post Aug 17, 2005 - 9:32 PM
+Quote Post
Rjb23

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 8, '04
From KY
Currently Offline

Just call them.
post Aug 22, 2005 - 3:07 PM
+Quote Post
kbprice

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 23, '05
From Florida
Currently Offline

XAT is probably the best in the area but like someone said they are extremely busy and you must get in line. smile.gif

I got a quote from Central Florida Performance in St Pete for basically the same thing as the Stage 2 swap, same price. Nice thing about the stage 2 is the LSD tranny from the MR2 will hold up much better. If you don't get it now, you will probably need it later especially if you plan on upping the boost any.

Check on Tampa Racing there are plenty of posts about XAT.

--------------------
1995 Celica GT 5 Speed Convertible
1996 Supra NA-T 5 Speed Targa
2000 4Runner 4x4 Limited Supercharged
post Aug 22, 2005 - 4:19 PM
+Quote Post
lagos

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

i think the best thing to do is to do your own swap. if you talk to guys who paid someone to do their work, you normally hear a lot of horror stories about how the shop took way longer then they thought, charged them more money then the original quote and did some stuff half assed.

doing a swap really isint that hard. you just need a garage, basic tools, and a friend or two to keep you motivated and lend a hand. then lable everything you disconnect and take lots of pics for reference.

--------------------
post Aug 22, 2005 - 5:57 PM
+Quote Post
Defgeph

Joined Apr 17, '03
From Rockland NY
Currently Offline

Having all the right information and a great group of friends really helps. I'm very happy that I did my swap at home with friends. I had more money for great gadgets, I've learned a ton of new things, and I know every single part thats on my car not what someone said they put in.

If something goes wrong with my car later on, I have no problems pulling it apart. If I paid someone to do it for me, I wouldnt be so quick to jump inder the hood.

Plus with this website you'll find plenty of people that are willing to give a helping hand.
Just remember when it comes time to help them, you return the favor.

Good luck with the swap
DEF

--------------------

I will return one day.
post Aug 22, 2005 - 6:08 PM
+Quote Post
Rjb23

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 8, '04
From KY
Currently Offline

QUOTE(lagos @ Aug 22, 2005 - 9:19 PM)
i think the best thing to do is to do your own swap.  if you talk to guys who paid someone to do their work, you normally hear a lot of horror stories about how the shop took way longer then they thought, charged them more money then the original quote and did some stuff half assed.

doing a swap really isint that hard. you just need a garage, basic tools, and a friend or two to keep you motivated and lend a hand. then lable everything you disconnect and take lots of pics for reference.
[right][snapback]326955[/snapback][/right]

I wish I would have done my swap myself. It was supposed to take a week no more than 2 weeks, and its been a month now. If I had know that dg did wiring before I started my swap I would have had him do the wiring(which he did anyway) and I would have swaped the engine in. I would have had it done in 2 weeks easy.
post Aug 22, 2005 - 6:12 PM
+Quote Post
lagos

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

QUOTE(defgeph @ Aug 22, 2005 - 5:57 PM)

Just remember when it comes time to help them, you return the favor.

[right][snapback]326978[/snapback][/right]

i hope thats not directed at me

--------------------
post Aug 22, 2005 - 6:12 PM
+Quote Post
Defgeph

Joined Apr 17, '03
From Rockland NY
Currently Offline

A swap generally takes about two months to complete.
Thats for someone doing it at home.

--------------------

I will return one day.
post Aug 22, 2005 - 7:19 PM
+Quote Post
Rjb23

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 8, '04
From KY
Currently Offline

It wouldn't take me that long even working on it everynight after work, I've been working on cars since I was 8.

Its not totally the shops fault, its mostly autozone and advance's fault. They said they had the part when they didn't and basically took them 3 weeks to tell us they didn't have the parts.
post Aug 22, 2005 - 7:29 PM
+Quote Post
Defgeph

Joined Apr 17, '03
From Rockland NY
Currently Offline

yeah I hear ya.... vendors and parts stores suck.

hope you get it going soon.

DEF

--------------------

I will return one day.
post Aug 22, 2005 - 8:33 PM
+Quote Post
Rjb23

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 8, '04
From KY
Currently Offline

Yea me too, we are gonna order it from an online part store and have it overnighted to us tommorow.
post Aug 24, 2005 - 4:34 PM
+Quote Post
celica47

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '05
From Tampa, Florida
Currently Offline

Well see all you guys who do swaps know there stuff, i mean i could sit and talk about all the parts you need and what it takes but i could never know exactly what has to be done.

--------------------
post Aug 24, 2005 - 6:16 PM
+Quote Post
lagos

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

QUOTE(celica47 @ Aug 24, 2005 - 4:34 PM)
Well see all you guys who do swaps know there stuff, i mean i could sit and talk about all the parts you need and what it takes but i could never know exactly what has to be done.
[right][snapback]327700[/snapback][/right]

most of us didnt know crap when we started. we learned what we know by doing the swap.

--------------------
post Aug 25, 2005 - 7:34 AM
+Quote Post
celica47

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '05
From Tampa, Florida
Currently Offline

I know what youre saying lagos, but iam mean you had a general knowledge about cars.

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:55 PM