post May 2, 2013 - 6:37 PM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (rentaspace @ May 1, 2013 - 8:42 PM) *
Hahah yeah, I want to lower but it's so damn expensive kindasad.gif I guess I'll just save up for the 17" rims and see how she looks then smile.gif

Cool, what rims / style are you going for? smile.gif If you couldn't tell already, I really wanted the Caldina ones but they aren't cheap or easy to get a hold of and I just spent over $600 on the 7th gen wheels and new tyres, so those plans are now on hold tongue.gif

QUOTE (sr666 @ May 2, 2013 - 10:36 AM) *
looks much better now mate just need them fronts on / sorted wink.gif

You know you want to lower the car too, Would look so so sweet biggrin.gif

Looking pretty fresh as it is mate I'm jealous your car's all the same colour unlike mine LOL

I've been trying!!! There have been multiple people on CCUK (respected contributors I might add) that have been promising the world and then just stop replying to my messages when I want to quote postage and pay them. I actually have a feeling my PM must have to be broken, but who know tongue.gif

And don't talk too fast... Mine is many different shades of silver... Just look at the bumper join in the first pic tongue.gif Also, my paint has been sun damaged and it has escalated from a small patch on the roof last year to now covering the roof, with small patches around the glass on the boot and at the top of the bonnet. This is to go with the many small marks and scratches already on the car when I bought it too tongue.gif i was ready to have the roof resprayed, but i dont think i can justify the cost of a full respray (especially not to get silver again tongue.gif) At lest it looks good in the pictures tongue.gif

QUOTE (cheela @ May 2, 2013 - 11:03 AM) *
looking real good now.
what are you planning for the front?

Thanks Cheela smile.gif

Have been trying to organize some euro GT front splitters and front grill for some time now from CCUK members... I have all the money and they have all the parts available; I'm just waiting for them to reply to me tongue.gif

I am going to color code them to the car when I eventually get them, which should add another subtle touch of class without the risk of smashing up any big splitters tongue.gif

--------------------

SOLD :( 1997 ST204 Celica ZR -----> See it here on 6GC!
2013 October Celica of the Month XD
Now: '00 NB8B Mazda MX5 -----> See it here in off topic!
post May 2, 2013 - 8:39 PM
+Quote Post
sr666

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 31, '12
From England
Currently Offline

Ccuk and respected in the same sentence? That'll be the day haha

I see what you mean now about the bumper join, At least with your car you can see that it's mostly the same shade of silver, take a look at the side of mine you'll notice a huge difference hence my comment lol

I can't help but thinking if you go for the euro front splitters it's going to look a bit unbalanced as in my opinion they aren't anywhere near as deep as the TRD's for example so it may look like there's something missing perhaps?

As for CCUK as you know there's a fair bit of bad blood there between me and them (I'm too bluntly honest haha) and don't get me wrong there's a lot of good members on there but sadly from my respective there's a lot of arse clowns too which ruin it.

Anyways will be watching this closely :-)
post May 2, 2013 - 9:05 PM
+Quote Post
whatthe

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 13, '08
From Australia
Currently Offline

Looking really good man smile.gif

--------------------
post May 4, 2013 - 1:14 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ May 2, 2013 - 7:37 PM) *
QUOTE (rentaspace @ May 1, 2013 - 8:42 PM) *
Hahah yeah, I want to lower but it's so damn expensive kindasad.gif I guess I'll just save up for the 17" rims and see how she looks then smile.gif

Cool, what rims / style are you going for? smile.gif If you couldn't tell already, I really wanted the Caldina ones but they aren't cheap or easy to get a hold of and I just spent over $600 on the 7th gen wheels and new tyres, so those plans are now on hold tongue.gif

I want to get these: Rims

This post has been edited by rentaspace: May 4, 2013 - 1:14 AM

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post May 4, 2013 - 8:56 PM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (sr666 @ May 2, 2013 - 9:39 PM) *
Ccuk and respected in the same sentence? That'll be the day haha

I see what you mean now about the bumper join, At least with your car you can see that it's mostly the same shade of silver, take a look at the side of mine you'll notice a huge difference hence my comment lol

I can't help but thinking if you go for the euro front splitters it's going to look a bit unbalanced as in my opinion they aren't anywhere near as deep as the TRD's for example so it may look like there's something missing perhaps?

As for CCUK as you know there's a fair bit of bad blood there between me and them (I'm too bluntly honest haha) and don't get me wrong there's a lot of good members on there but sadly from my respective there's a lot of arse clowns too which ruin it.

Anyways will be watching this closely :-)

Yes, I have noticed your door colour in particular is not quite the same... at all tongue.gif

I know what you mean, but I haven't seen any pics of the TRD spats on a facelift front that I like... and it will make it even more obvious that I have OEM skirts... which I am not changing tongue.gif Perhaps a better option would be the SSIII front splitters... but I was never really convinced with those on my car (Unless lowered + spoiler... then I like them tongue.gif). In any case, the euro GT front splitters will make it look less unbalanced than it is at the moment... so it is a good start tongue.gif

QUOTE (whatthe @ May 2, 2013 - 10:05 PM) *
Looking really good man smile.gif

Thanks, means a lot from you! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rentaspace @ May 4, 2013 - 2:14 AM) *
I want to get these: Linky link

Ahh okay, not my style but I can see why others would like them... and we have already established that we have different tastes (On that note I was reading Whatthe's thread again and like the 2 post again now tongue.gif). I do have the feeling that it will look a little truckin' with that sort of spoke design on stock suspension though... Should do a photoshop smile.gif

On that note... Look what appeared on my OzCelica page from another member... tongue.gif

... it's not happening though tongue.gif I don't want a slammed car, and I think it looks a bit silly tongue.gif

--------------------

post May 4, 2013 - 10:47 PM
+Quote Post
RabidTRD

Enthusiast
Joined May 31, '11
From Rochester, NY
Currently Offline

That's not slammed lol. That's the kind of tuck I have going right now. With the right wheels, that sits perfect.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Celica GT-S 5S-FE 190k Miles. Project car
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5S-FE 170k Miles. Daily driver/beater
1999 Toyota Camry LE 5S-FE 216K Miles. RIP You will be missed.

*ASE Certified General Manager
post May 4, 2013 - 11:16 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ May 4, 2013 - 2:14 AM) *
Ahh okay, not my style but I can see why others would like them... and we have already established that we have different tastes (On that note I was reading Whatthe's thread again and like the 2 post again now tongue.gif). I do have the feeling that it will look a little truckin' with that sort of spoke design on stock suspension though... Should do a photoshop smile.gif

On that note... Look what appeared on my OzCelica page from another member... tongue.gif

... it's not happening though tongue.gif I don't want a slammed car, and I think it looks a bit silly tongue.gif

Looks nice, but for my area would be extremely impractical... My front is too low as it is for some places around my area kindasad.gif

I'm still not sure about rims and stuff atm... Ill have to go down to the shop and ask for them next to the car... Maybe Ill go onto the photoshop thread and request it to be shopped and lowered.. (I used to be able to do all that on photoshop, but year12 last year forced me to forget to fit stupid physics equations in frown.gif )

I'm still waiting to be accepted on OZCelica frown.gif

This post has been edited by rentaspace: May 4, 2013 - 11:17 PM

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post May 4, 2013 - 11:17 PM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (RabidTRD @ May 4, 2013 - 11:47 PM) *
That's not slammed lol. That's the kind of tuck I have going right now. With the right wheels, that sits perfect.

Haha, but it's just not what I'm looking for tongue.gif

In other news, I had my head under the rear bumper the other night measuring up the threads under the bumper, and there was some spider webs that had been built down to the ground from the rear bumper... whatever, just a spider, so i stuck my head under anyway.... then I looked up and saw this...

I was outta there tongue.gif (For those of you that don't know, that is a redback spider; one of the most dangerous spiders in Australia - and is related to the Black-Widow spider tongue.gif Redback Spider Wiki)

--------------------

post May 4, 2013 - 11:27 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ May 5, 2013 - 12:17 AM) *
QUOTE (RabidTRD @ May 4, 2013 - 11:47 PM) *

Haha, but it's just not what I'm looking for tongue.gif

In other news, I had my head under the rear bumper the other night measuring up the threads under the bumper, and there was some spider webs that had been built down to the ground from the rear bumper... whatever, just a spider, so i stuck my head under anyway.... then I looked up and saw this...

I was outta there tongue.gif (For those of you that don't know, that is a redback spider; one of the most dangerous spiders in Australia - and is related to the Black-Widow spider tongue.gif Redback Spider Wiki)

Red Backs have trouble piercing the skin, chances are it wouldn't hurt you. But, with that being said, if it bit you on the face area then you may have some troubles tongue.gif
We get plenty of red backs around here, and also the Sydney Female Funnel Web (For those that don't know this is the DEADLIEST spider in the world) but again, when they bite there is only like a 40% chance that they actually inject any venom... Neither spider has killed anyone since the antivenoms have been released smile.gif

Also, speaking of random crap we find in the car... My dad looked under the engine protection plastic this morning (to determine where this rattling was coming from) and we found a completely rusted and starting to melt lighter... Which was also full of gas We don't even know how it got there

--------------------

post Jun 4, 2013 - 2:44 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

hahahah OMG! that's horrible. I had something similar although not as scary happen to me too. Was driving in my girlfriends car going in a roundabout and all the sudden something crawls across my windshield on the inside. was a huge spider! hahahaha made the turn while smushing the spider.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jun 14, 2013 - 1:22 AM
+Quote Post
Euphoria

Enthusiast
Joined May 6, '08
From Lisarow, NSW, Australia
Currently Offline

Love the stock oem look! Considering its so clean it doesn't look bad on stock monster truck suspension tongue.gif
post Jun 14, 2013 - 8:08 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Euphoria @ Jun 14, 2013 - 1:22 AM) *
Love the stock oem look! Considering its so clean it doesn't look bad on stock monster truck suspension tongue.gif

Haha, thanks man.... I think tongue.gif

Nah, I have spent most of my total thread time here and on OzCelica saying no to lowering, but I think I am finally starting to come around tongue.gif

I would only want the drop of some basic springs, but I may end up looking out some coil overs that can be raised up near stock height again when towing the boat. That's not cheap though, so it won't be happening before I get back from overseas next year.

I have been doing a bit on the car part front... All of the JDM's biggrin.gif I have been far to busy with assignments and exams, but I will be fitting said items shortly and pics will follow! smile.gif

--------------------

post Jun 14, 2013 - 1:50 PM
+Quote Post
ILoveMySilly97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '12
From Hanford/Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ May 4, 2013 - 6:56 PM) *

That's not slammed. Its about right. My car is probably about the same heigh. Lol. Rides just perfect. Can clear them drive ways and speed bumps perfectly. wink.gif

--------------------
post Jun 27, 2013 - 10:00 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

So it has been a little while since I have updated this... I have been really busy with university assignments and exams - but they finished for the Semester a few days ago smile.gif

A reasonable amount has happened with my Celica in this time... Not all good though frown.gif

Coolant System

As some of you would have seen on the 'Today I...' thread, one day on the way home I had parked on the side of the road with the engine running for about 10 minutes when I made some phone calls. When I merged back on I looked down and saw my temperature gauge soaring into the red :'(

I pulled over and let it cool off and hobbled home. I initially thought it was an electrical problem with the fans, until after some help from some other on here we discovered that's just how the fans roll tongue.gif I had lost about 1.2 litres of coolant.

Eventually with Dad's help we found the leak (not forgetting that all of this happened on the first day of exam period!) - the heater hose on the control module on the firewall. After hobbling around for another week with no aircon and being super gentle with it we investigated the offending hose further. We were expecting a cracked plastic heater control, but it was in fact just a swollen pipe. Temporary fix was just some pipe sealant and a new adjustable hose clamp until I order the new pipes. Haven't had any troubles since smile.gif

At the same time I did a full flush of the coolant system; which I had been planning to do soon anyway. Unfortunately I had to redo this the next morning as when I was filling the system I noticed that it was full after only adding about 3L of coolant (out of approx. 6.5L system) - coming to the conclusion that half if the fluids were staying in the engine rather than draining since both radiator hoses were positioned near the top of the engine block. I had done two full flushes with water after the cleaning agent, but that wasn't enough if only 50% was being drained each time - so 2 coolant changes in <24 hours tongue.gif

*End Saga* It has been behaving very nicely ever since smile.gif

JDM Side Visors

Now to the other saga tongue.gif At the start of June I bought a set of JDM side visors from Japan on eBay from seller jdm_used_parts - mainly so that on frosty mornings I could use the wiper bottles without the water wicking into the cabin for the next 5 minutes tongue.gif However, when they arrived via EMS express there were a few problems (again, occurring in the middle of exams taking up very valuable time and energy -.-). First of all, I noticed that there were no ends of the box - just tape with a tiny bit of the visors bulging through each end. After unwrapping it I discovered a chip missing out of the end of the visor where it had been poking through. Frustrating, but I probably would have just dealt with it. However, upon further inspection there were a few other scuff marks and scratches and a couple of tiny chips that were not mentioned when I specifically asked about these before the sale. Also, the location of the largest scuff mark was over the Toyota badge which showed the item I received was not the one pictured (as the seller claimed).

The real kicker was when I took them outside though.... THEY AREN'T EVEN 6GC!!! My guess is that they are the cheaper 7th Gen ones, as the curves are much sharper, and the mounting points are different. My doors wouldn't even open with these on.

I contacted the seller immediately, who promptly replied that none of the damage was there before (BS - impossible), the images were the same as the pictures (yet he has listed another set with the same pictures which also claims you will receive the items in the pictures... A bit difficult if you were to believe his claim that they were the ones in my living room), they were definitely 100% for a st202 and that any and all damage from mint condition (not his words, but it was inferred) was damage caused in transit (again, complete BS). His closing sentiment was that he was not doing anything until I lodged a damage in transit report with the local postal service, which I have since done, but I disagree with since it was obviously damaged caused before postage, and during postage due to unsuitable packaging - neither of which are covered under the policy. So in my mind I have been forced to attempt insurance fraud kindasad.gif

So now 3 weeks after shelling out my cash and paying for express shipping I have no visors and not even an ETA. I'm not worried because I am so obviously in the right for a PayPal refund, it is just how much drama the seller is going to cause in the interim.

Japan Order

My projectors arrived!!! XD However in the long (6 week!) journey here two of the tabs on one of the low beams cracked off. So currently I am waiting for a free day to take off the bumper, line up the tabs in the right spots, fix and install. Before that I am waiting for either the plugs to make my wiring harness to arrive, or waiting to find some locally to save waiting tongue.gif

Crystal Indicators

As posted in Today I, I put on my crystal style front indicators the other day. These were purchased to go with the projectors, but I figured I'd stick them on first...and I was very pleased with the result!!! smile.gif

Before

Comparison

After

And... Teaser for when I get chrome bulbs / LEDs

smile.gif

Was very good.... Until I stripped the head of the other screw -.- Update - I asked the local Toyota dealer for a replacement but they can't source them any more, so I guess I will just try and find an equivalent at the hardware store.

Euro Stuff

... Still waiting tongue.gif They haven't even been sent out yet since I believe some of my stuff has been lost in the post between Ireland and the mainland UK.

Other Plans

- Paint calipers and rear hubs (red and black respectively) will be done next week hopefully. Was going to do it this week but I am working nights this week and would like to leave the paint to cure overnight.

- Install a hidden cigarette lighter socket under the dash to wire up my dash cam's parking mode. I bought the plug yesterday, so I'll install this week smile.gif Need to remove some trim to run the wire for it through the roof and pillar too.

- I have spark plugs ready to install, and want to get a couple of other little maintenance things done.

- Find SSIII front splitters

- Swap over to JDM rear wiring harness for tail lights, modified to include a *cough*TrailerHitch*cough* tongue.gif

- Thinking about switching the colour of all my interior LED's again... We'll see tongue.gif

- Looking for a TRD quickshifter - I have found one at the moment but they want $250 plus international shipping for it used frown.gif

- Install some other random bits and pieces I have been collecting.

- Wash it more / ignore it less tongue.gif

- New wheel alignment to correct for the economy car setup the shop did last time.

- Enjoy it! I went on a big mountain drive yesterday and pushed it on some great roads... Has been almost 10 months since I have been up there and I had forgotten how amazing it was to drive like that! So that will definitely be happening more often tongue.gif

AND a new pic with the clear front indicators;

--------------------

post Jun 27, 2013 - 1:59 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

File a claim through eBay, and do it now. You should be able to get a full refund and you'll return them. Nice score on the projectors. Though is it just me, but why is it that NOBODY knows how to pack freaking headlights so that the tabs don't break off.... My god people, bubble wrap and old newspaper...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 27, 2013 - 4:22 PM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

Yeah, 3 of the lights were packed really well, but the 4th was sitting on top on a new layer and not so much. There were heaps of newspaper shreddings but they were quite light on with the bubble wrap - only a very thin wrap around each one.

And I am yet to open a dispute because we are still waiting on the outcome of the postal dispute so they won't do anything until that is finalised anyway (I don't have them any more)- and I don't want to piss them off too much until I have what I want tongue.gif I am definitely keeping my eye on the clock for my 45 days though.

--------------------

post Jun 27, 2013 - 9:57 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jun 27, 2013 - 2:59 PM) *
File a claim through eBay, and do it now. You should be able to get a full refund and you'll return them. Nice score on the projectors. Though is it just me, but why is it that NOBODY knows how to pack freaking headlights so that the tabs don't break off.... My god people, bubble wrap and old newspaper...

Mine had bubble wrap, packing beans and freaky japanese manga news paper... Still had a tab break and another crack... frown.gif

--------------------

post Jun 27, 2013 - 10:07 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

People just don't know how to pack. When I pack instruments I do it in such a manner they'd survive the truck rolling over them. Most people just don't know how to, or care to, pack it properly. I can't remember who said it, but someone once told me to "Pack them as if they'll be handled by gorillas." About the damned truth.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 27, 2013 - 11:21 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jun 27, 2013 - 11:07 PM) *
People just don't know how to pack. When I pack instruments I do it in such a manner they'd survive the truck rolling over them. Most people just don't know how to, or care to, pack it properly. I can't remember who said it, but someone once told me to "Pack them as if they'll be handled by gorillas." About the damned truth.

Protip: If you put fragile stickers on it, people throw it harder

--------------------

post Jun 27, 2013 - 11:51 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

That's why you instead mark them with "CAUTION" labels instead. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

14 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 10:47 AM