> lol 97 st204c, "ゴジラ"
post Apr 13, 2011 - 8:48 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

well it was a bummed day, i got quoted 800 to do the upholstery, thats with me providing the materials. Really??? 300 worth of fabric.

there are only 2 shops in this town. I can get new leather for 700!!!! or leatherette for less...

So i may head that way. Really desperate because i want to drive the car again, and finish this.

Oh, now having second thoughts about the grfe, i have access to a 3sgte for cheap...

Its all about second thoughts and temptations... lol....

ill keep updated.

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Apr 13, 2011 - 8:58 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

Personally i think that the 2grfe would be an epic engine to put in the celica, and if you do so happen to pass on that 3s send me the link lol

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica Project Mean Green
3RD Gen 3SGTE WRC Edition W/LSD E153 - Love BOOST <3

2001 Solar yellow Lexus IS300

2001 Dodge ram 1500 Off-road edition
post Apr 14, 2011 - 4:48 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

ill be honest, this is how my car looks like at the moment...

but soon more to come...

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: May 2, 2011 - 9:16 PM

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Apr 14, 2011 - 5:11 PM
+Quote Post
Culpable04

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '06
From New Jersey
Currently Offline

you need to do what we did with my uncle's Benz

rip the covers of your stock seats off, take them with you along with the material of your choice to ................. and have them make new covers for dirt cheap.

in our case the blank was filled with " Dominican Republic " but I'm sure you can do the same with almost any 3rd world country.

we paid 140 dollars worth of labor ( front and back huge Benz seats ) to have leather covers made for the benz, and that was going to the best shop known to make sure the job was done superb.

I'm planning to do the same next time I go with my recaro seats biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Apr 14, 2011 - 5:12 PM
+Quote Post
Driver

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 3, '10
Currently Offline

I wish I could come home to two first gens sitting in my garage haha.
post Apr 14, 2011 - 6:14 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

well dont know when it happened but toyota changed the vert rear trim from two parts to a single trim

single

two part

I've always loved the option of having these because easy access to the rear window seals, and repair. But could not find those.

Alas, in a junkyard, so i spent some time with them and 220 grit and 400 grit, getting most of the superficial scratches out.

yes, dull looking. But i found a little secret. At first i was doubtful, but the result amazed me.

Pictures did not do justice, it almost looked like i picked it up from the dealer.

2 hours well worth it...

more pics to come as the interior gets remodeled...

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: May 2, 2011 - 9:25 PM

--------------------

post Apr 15, 2011 - 10:46 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

What was the secret? I'm guessing a good application of the original Armor-All, the oily one...

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Apr 15, 2011 - 12:22 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

not really, i found this...

i have tried several products, but this one is awesome...

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: May 2, 2011 - 9:26 PM

--------------------

post Apr 16, 2011 - 10:23 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

ok more progress here....

i really liked the way it ended looking...

next was to revert to stock the a/c cluster, i got tired of the mods i had made....

much nicer, i really like it this way for now.

polished this suckers! not done yet, but don't want to put in a lot of time....

then next step will be to fix the gauge cluster. I had originally put there stick-on, and made the error of gluing them. yes that was a bad choice.

i broke the needle to see how far the speed gauge goes, so it will help me calibrate...

oh and i have the needle from the beams swap. and the replacement face...

more to come, ill get the A/C charged this weekend and such....

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: May 2, 2011 - 9:27 PM

--------------------

post Apr 17, 2011 - 7:14 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

temporary teaser...

never mind the small dents, i did not see those, and i don't care. temp until i get the car fully painted profesionally

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: Jun 11, 2011 - 1:39 PM

--------------------

post Apr 21, 2011 - 5:10 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Quick teaser for swap to come end of the year..

Yes they are brand new....

and brand new st205 rear mount.

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: May 2, 2011 - 9:30 PM

--------------------

post May 2, 2011 - 8:21 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

so the clear coat messed up, windy weather, humid climate, outside painter, noob painter, just pick one..

This car is getting the gun soon. no more crap....

--------------------

post May 2, 2011 - 10:40 PM
+Quote Post
Ted95

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '09
From Westport, MA
Currently Offline

ya dude, i sweet lookin black base coat on that thing with a wet sand and buff would make that thing look insane broo. dont really have to wet sand and buff but i kno i am thins spring after i paint my car again.

cars lookin great tho man!

This post has been edited by Ted95: May 2, 2011 - 10:41 PM

--------------------
st205 powered ss3 coupe
post May 3, 2011 - 3:09 AM
+Quote Post
808celica

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 24, '07
From Oahu, Hawaii
Currently Offline

what type of paint are you using Bert???

--------------------
I don't normally drive fast, but when I do its on a curvy section of this island
post Jun 1, 2011 - 6:42 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

2 stage paint. Dupont...

in any case, created a subthread to this thread....

I screwed up my TRD Bumper

--------------------

post Jun 2, 2011 - 9:41 AM
+Quote Post
easternpiro1

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 1, '05
From Charlotte NC
Currently Offline

idk how i missed this thread.... good job man! i see you decided to go back to a spoiler? i envy you man! u went from not mech. inclined to a master!

--------------------

QUOTE (Galcobar @ Oct 15, 2008 - 2:44 AM) *
You want power but have no money. That's a problem.

Cheap. Reliable. Fast. Pick two.
post Jun 11, 2011 - 1:37 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

A teaser pic over here guys, been so lazy, i,ve had these for a while.... Now i have to really fix the A/C....

more details will be available here suckers!!!

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...6078&st=100 almost at the top of a page....

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: Jun 11, 2011 - 1:48 PM

--------------------

post Jul 6, 2011 - 9:33 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

well after 2 weeks i started it yesterday and it was seriously coughing, im going to put fresh gas in it and give it a breathing tx, and see what happens...

--------------------

post Jul 6, 2011 - 3:57 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Thats weird im assuming the weather is hot over there no? Dried up all the gas from your tank?

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jul 6, 2011 - 4:36 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

yes its hot, funny it got better after i connected the speedo and let it warm up for a while... i have not driven it in a while...

--------------------

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:22 PM