> AT200 Complete Resto, Finally Pulling Back Into The Shop
post Dec 23, 2012 - 2:20 PM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

I am currently driving my '95 ST on a daily basis. I bought it for $500 at 212,000 miles. It runs perfect and has only minor issues as far as driving. The issue mainly is the body, the previous owner (my brother) did not take care of it in any way. I was originally done up in the early 2000's by the first owner. That owner had put an Invader body kit and a Vader wing on it and painted it burnt orange, they also painted some interior panels orange, and lost a few in the process. When my brother bought the car it was beautiful, apart from the fact that it was missing a few interior trim pieces and needed a radio. He put a head unit in, and put a cold air on. He then proceeded to beat the living hell out of it. He even accidentally jumped a tree ripping the front lip off the car.

Since buying it from him I have already done quite a bit, mostly for appearances. I put a much nicer head unit in (Pioneer Premiere) replaced all the speakers, new tweeter, and put 2 10" Alpine Type R's in the back. I put in 8000K HID's. I have found most of the missing interior trim piece and put them where they go. I have also done quite a bit of touching up the crappy burnt orange paint. I have had to change the clutch (which was original). I have also put blue LED's in some places like the gauge cluster. But basically that is all so far.

Enough of the history lesson, on to the plans.

Engine:
Top End Rebuild
Stainless Steel Exhaust Headers
Custom gutted solid bent exhaust
Exhaust Tip
Cold Air Filter
Fix A/C
Strengthen Battery Tiedown
Replace Old Crappy Hoses
Tidy Wiring
Paint HID Ballasts Black (Currently Chrome)
Clean Bay

Transmission:
Full Rebuild (Didn't need to be done, All Hail Pennzoil Synchromesh!!!)
Flush
Better Clutch (After flushing transmission all is well.)
Clean

Exterior:
Front Brake Rotors & Pads
Rear Brake Drums & Shoes
E-Brake Shoe & Hardware
Remove Old Crappy Body Kit
Remove Old Crappy Wing
Remove (Mostly) Old Crappy Orange Paint
Fix various dents, and rust.
Fit Extreme Dimensions C-5 Body Kit
Fit Extreme Dimensions M-1 Fenders
Fit Wings West Super Lighted Spoiler
Prime
Paint Dark Metallic Blue

Interior:
Reupholster and fix foam on Driver Seat
Reupholster Passenger Seat (OEM Leather needs a bit of work)
Sand orange paint from trim, repaint blue
Brighter Blue LED's for gauge cluster
Change Clock to blue
Change climate control to blue
LED Dome Light (Holy brightness!!! See the picture below)
Remove peeling tint
Tint rear 3 windows (Fronts illegal in NY, already have had 2 tickets)
Install Door Handle Shrouds
Install Driver Door Control Panel
More may be added to this list as the money and time comes.

This will be the progress thread, I will also try to get some progress photo. I expect to start major work toward the middle/end of February. However I have many things on this list that I intend to do on my days off.

Should be interesting.

This post has been edited by antonioguy: May 21, 2014 - 11:58 PM

--------------------
post Dec 28, 2012 - 7:09 PM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

Small Step here. Had a spare few hours so I got some upholstery done. Still need to do a bit of repairing on the driver side OE leather but the passenger side is in. Doesnt look too bad considering the fitment isnt perfect.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

--------------------
post Dec 28, 2012 - 9:53 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Good luck. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Dec 29, 2012 - 2:49 PM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

Thanks dude, a lot of work ahead, and not a hell of a lot of time to do it in. I need to get it all done by May so I can run it down to Carlisle, PA for the Performance and Style Show

This post has been edited by antonioguy: Dec 29, 2012 - 2:50 PM

--------------------
post Dec 31, 2012 - 10:27 AM
+Quote Post
Dennisthe10

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 30, '12
From Cheshire
Currently Offline

Seat looks good, make sure you keep posting so I can steal your ideas as I go wink.gif
post Jan 3, 2013 - 7:39 PM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

So I had the day off today, so I went ahead and bought some things and got to work.

I decided to just quick change the oil and added a bit of Lucas to the oil to help with lubrication and compression. I also put on some new battery terminals because I had a weak connection.

But the big thing I wanted to get done was a transmission flush. I got it up on stands and I realized that I was leaving gear oil from the axle. So I gave it a couple of taps with a hammer and pry-bar. It was not fully locked in (it looks like I didn't get snapped in when my buddy helped me with the clutch change.

Next can the real issue. I pulled the fill plug and gear oil came pouring out! Clearly this is not normal. I friend must have put the gear oil in through the wrong hole and heavily overfilled it. So I pulled the finished the draining process and filled it back up to the fill hole with Pennzoil Synchromesh. I put everything back together and what do you know... Everything works perfectly.

No more grinding going in to almost every gear, I thought I was going to have to rebuild the trans and put new synchros in. I wont have to know thanks to the magic of Syncromesh (and putting in the correct amount of oil).

The moral of the story: Never trust your friend to do anything unsupervised, and the people on 6gc.net do know what they are talking about.

--------------------
post Jan 10, 2013 - 6:38 PM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

Just dropped off my shift boot which is ripped and torn at a friends who does upholstery. She is going to use the old as a pattern to make one out of black leather with blue stitching. This should look really good once I get the paint flowing and repaint the interior. I'll throw up a picture once its finished.

--------------------
post Jan 11, 2013 - 3:43 AM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

I was bored earlier so I decided to mess around with the car. Replaced a few bulbs and just cleaned under the center console. I also put in an LED dome light which is bright as hell! More pics to come once I get my shift boot back. Still a few weeks til the heavy work begins. (Please ignore the clutter lol)

This post has been edited by antonioguy: Jan 11, 2013 - 3:45 AM

--------------------
post Jan 15, 2013 - 11:09 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

needs new paint bro

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jan 16, 2013 - 3:35 PM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

Yea, badly. Its on the to do list but its one of the last things I'll be doing. Probably later on toward march.

--------------------
post Jan 20, 2013 - 9:03 AM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

So I've come up with a concept. Forza just so happens to pretty much have all the parts I plan on using for the body except the fenders and the spoiler. So this is a rough idea of where I'm going with this. Just need to wait on the funds to really get started later this month/early next month. I also have to finish putting a new tranny in my '03 Impala so I can get this project off the backburner and onto the front one.

--------------------
post Feb 5, 2013 - 5:55 PM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

So the body kit parts should be getting ordered this week. Very excited to get the ball rolling on this project.

--------------------
post Feb 18, 2013 - 11:53 PM
+Quote Post
Legen-dary

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 18, '13
From Portland, OR
Currently Offline

Looks like you have a LONG list ahead of you but it sounds like you are dedicated and planning well so you're off to a good start. That's a really gorgeous color you have in mind, I say go for it!

--------------------
1999 Celica GT Auto - GF's car
1996 4Runner SR5 5sp - Ol' Faithful
2006 Evo 9 MR - For sale
1998 Supra NA Auto very slow
post Feb 21, 2013 - 2:09 PM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

I have officially ordered the parts for the body.

-C-5 Body Kit
-M1 Fenders
-Supra Lighted Spoiler

I have also ordered most of the misc stuff I have been missing. I am only missing the driver door weatherstrip, but I am considering just ordering a whole door if I can find one for a reasonable price shipped.

On a separate note, I have also acquired the trans for my other car, once that's in I can officially begin work on my Celica.

--------------------
post Feb 23, 2013 - 5:01 PM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

Just another quick update. Got a few parts in have had a chance to take a couple pictures. This will give you all an idea of just how bad some of the parts on this car have become, and why it desperatly needs all this work.

My old drivers side control panel:

My new drivers side control panel: (Thanks to Fate in Jersey)

Waiting on parts to get here, but I have alot going on between my 2 cars and it shouldn't be too long before the real work begins on this old beast!

--------------------
post Feb 23, 2013 - 6:05 PM
+Quote Post
rm240sx

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 22, '13
From Thomasville GA
Currently Offline

I just purchased my 500 dollar build too. I also used forza to get some visualizations. LOL! It looks like your off to a good start! cant wait to see the new kit on there. I also want to see you change the lights on the inside. (photos) I want to do that too! Good luck on the build!!
post Feb 24, 2013 - 7:51 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

if you can paint, then u must have air compressor. then get a harbor freight soda blaster and use it for those plastic pieces, then use black paint to paint them...

Its all in my post...

i used satin black, that comes very close to oem...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Feb 24, 2013 - 7:22 PM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it man.

--------------------
post Mar 18, 2013 - 12:15 PM
+Quote Post
antonioguy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 22, '12
From Central NY
Currently Offline

Just got body panels in today. Front end, rear end, fenders, and a spoiler!

--------------------
post Mar 18, 2013 - 1:01 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

man, that old control panel was horrible. glad you're doing it right again.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:06 PM