> High oil consumption.
post Jan 7, 2017 - 4:42 PM
+Quote Post
rhodesyboy

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 11, '16
From lancashire
Currently Offline

Hi, I have noticed that my celica st205 has been going through a lot of oil, I think it was about 2 litres last week and it now appears to be back to the same low level it was before, basically for a while it has been dripping oil slightly, nothing serious about 5 drips a day however it has got a bit worse earlier today I did check the rocker cover bolts and they seemed lose however I did tighten them up a bit so hopefully this has solved the issue.

The main issue is that is now burning a lot of oil, I do notice that sometimes (but not all the time) dipstick gets pushed out ever so slightly so I thought it was rings but I would've thought that it would get pushed out after every drive? Sometimes on startup it doesn't smoke but then after idling for 20 seconds and it starts smoking a lot. My friend put his leg in front of it and later that night noticed later that night his pants were black and a bit wet so would've thought thats oil related.

I took off the charge cooler and had a little sniff inside and it is hard to describe the smell but it did seem slightly sweet/oily and if I open the throttle body I can see at the back of the manifold looks a little bit wet so could that be turbo leaking a bit of oil into the air stream?

I will be doing a compression check tomorrow to see how the rings are.

Start new topic
Replies
post Jan 14, 2017 - 12:47 AM
+Quote Post
Wild202

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 10, '17
From Russia, Izhevsk
Currently Offline

I would start with the replacement valve stem seals. Because it is easier and cheaper. In any case, I suffer from it just will not.
Oh, and I forgot to write the last post:
4. The oil may go through the turbine (both in the intake path and the exhaust pipe)

--------------------
Email - vad07@inbox.ru

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 7:50 AM