6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 5sfe turbo build, I finished rebuilding the engine and now I am thinking about a turbo
post Feb 14, 2016 - 9:34 PM
+Quote Post
BornToyota

Enthusiast

Joined Aug 12, '15
From Lynchburg Virginia
Currently Offline

HI, I am just finishing up the rebuild my 6th gen after some pretty small oil leaks (i.e. coming out of everywhere). so now I am stuck looking/listening and drooling over every turbo i come across. I love everything about them but the price tag.

The engine thats in it now has been rebuilt with new pistons/rings, and all the basic stuff. As well as its been bored 2mm over, shaved, but not Port and Polished because my engine guy did not have the equipment.

Ive been looking into the several options into a turbo for this car, and ideally i would drop a 3sgte in...i mean, wouldnt we all? BUT, im a college student and dont want to have my car in the garage for a few more months. Plus, the wiring harness and all.

So my question is, can i run 5-7psi on my 5sfe safely. if so, where is a good place to get a kit, whats the minimum of parts i will need if piecing it together one at a time, or would a supercharger be easier?

Any advice from the master mechanics or someone who has done this before would be greatly appreciated because this is my first time messing with forced induction, and I am still doing lots of research.

thumbsup.gif

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:53 AM