> 2GRFE v6 convertible
post Apr 17, 2018 - 9:20 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

traffic is a bitch... i hate being stuck in traffic.
anywhoo Daniel is right. Beams only works on facebook because all the info is provided on there through vaguely constructed questions such as: "hey guys, how do you swap a beams?" or "does a 3sge beams fit in my gt?" or the ever pondering "what iz beams?"

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Apr 17, 2018 - 9:30 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Refried BEAMS.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 19, 2018 - 9:55 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Apr 17, 2018 - 5:42 PM) *
No, these days you learn how to do BEAMS swaps on Facebook.

It's retarded how true that comment is. Did anyone else see that ebay short shifter thread? After the first few posts, I just gave up.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Apr 19, 2018 - 10:09 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Lol..... he deleted the beams post on faisbuk

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Apr 20, 2018 - 10:03 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

I've been seriously considering leaving all the FB celica groups. I hate people.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Apr 20, 2018 - 10:42 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Apr 20, 2018 - 10:03 AM) *
I've been seriously considering leaving all the FB celica groups. I hate people.

I don't have facebook... What are the Celica groups like on there? I know that newcelica is 98% dead and is almost exclusively on their FB page now. Sad really... Only six/seven years ago is was hoppin'.

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Apr 20, 2018 - 11:20 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

see, i type beams, and this page gets traffic...

Narly, faisbuk groups suck, too many idiots promoting **** information. Its not even a joke, ask the same question 6 times a day. the awd tranny can be used as fwd if its plugged...

omg,

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Apr 20, 2018 - 11:30 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Apr 19, 2018 - 9:55 AM) *
QUOTE (richee3 @ Apr 17, 2018 - 5:42 PM) *
No, these days you learn how to do BEAMS swaps on Facebook.

It's retarded how true that comment is. Did anyone else see that ebay short shifter thread? After the first few posts, I just gave up.

LOL you were way too patient with that one.

QUOTE (narly_charley @ Apr 20, 2018 - 10:42 AM) *
QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Apr 20, 2018 - 10:03 AM) *

I don't have facebook... What are the Celica groups like on there? I know that newcelica is 98% dead and is almost exclusively on their FB page now. Sad really... Only six/seven years ago is was hoppin'.

you're not missing much man. remember back in the days when we would all yell at noobs to use the search button. yeah,... it's like that but they just don't use the search button after we tell them anymore. lol

--------------------

post Apr 20, 2018 - 4:17 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I don't use facebook because I'm too nice and spoon feed people, it's a method of self preservation.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 3, 2018 - 2:02 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

will update some... for cheela....

couple days ago worked on getting the a/c lines sorted out. because there is too much heat in the bay needed to protect the lines...

DSCN1779

DSCN1782

DSCN1780

it also helps against rubbing with other parts. My first test with alum mig welding. I have yet to test the pressure...

DSCN1781

you cant really tell in the pic, but i have the ac lines connected, i just need to charge it..

DSCN1783

Using a 4 runner a/c compressor...

installed all new seals...

DSCN1801

and a new a/c drier

DSCN1802

Continued with cleaning the harness...

DSCN1784

DSCN1785

DSCN1812

Had to remove the intake to make some space to work..

DSCN1814

DSCN1815

it was hard, but it looks much better, after removed the oem garbage plastics...

DSCN1816

--------------------

post May 3, 2018 - 2:06 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

for got to post the diferrences between both a/c compressors...

DSCN1768

DSCN1769

--------------------

post May 3, 2018 - 2:18 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

in the interior of the car, i did something i should have done ages ago, got rid of the airbag light... Batman sent me an ecu....

DSCN1798

i still have to work on the harness in the inside, im removing unwanted wiring, and i need to wire one adittional step, to finally get rid of the engine check light...

DSCN1813

also, i have temporarily removed the trd short shifter. It shifts much better now...

DSCN1800

had some old rollbars, that where blasted and cleaned....

DSCN1787

decided to work on my rollbar, and i think it looks much more complete...

first i welded more plates..

DSCN1786

DSCN1810

after some welding time....

DSCN1809

DSCN1811

i have to get them painted to complete the look, and it also reinforces the bar as well

--------------------

post May 3, 2018 - 2:21 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

ooooo forgot

i got this from prime.....

DSCN1803

quarter inch extended slave cylinder rod, and of course new tranny gaskets.... the rod and the normal shifter, makes shifting the 2gr much better... it was a poor choice of clutch.

--------------------

post May 3, 2018 - 2:55 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

First, you give so little, now you give so much!!?! laugh.gif

The a/c is coming along now. soon you can have the top up and leather seats freezing cold!

Engine bay is looking cleaner, those red wires though...

and what's going on with the top of your bar, looks like you rolled it once already? lol

--------------------

post May 3, 2018 - 4:37 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ May 3, 2018 - 2:02 PM) *

Oh, I see how it is.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 3, 2018 - 8:25 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ May 3, 2018 - 2:55 PM) *
First, you give so little, now you give so much!!?! laugh.gif

The a/c is coming along now. soon you can have the top up and leather seats freezing cold!

Engine bay is looking cleaner, those red wires though...

and what's going on with the top of your bar, looks like you rolled it once already? lol

I had to remove the foam, to weld, the foam was held with glue and with ties. I have to paint then ill replace.

QUOTE (Box @ May 3, 2018 - 4:37 PM) *
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ May 3, 2018 - 2:02 PM) *

Oh, I see how it is.

lol

--------------------

post May 3, 2018 - 10:52 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

This post has been edited by navseal345: May 4, 2018 - 12:59 PM
post May 4, 2018 - 7:11 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Do you have an ACT clutch in the car?

That was the only time we needed an extended slave cylinder rod. I HATED that clutch.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post May 4, 2018 - 7:46 AM
+Quote Post
slavie

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '15
From NY
Currently Offline

There was a guy on ToyotaNation looking to swap a 2GR into a Gen4 Camry. I sent him your way. He decided not to do the swap. What's up with that???

I had ACT clutch, the stock level one, in my 5SFE Camry mated to a Fidanza FW - I don't know why, but I would always smell clutch after some city driving, and the thing wore down in like 15k miles. Odd. I don't think I'm that bad at driving shtik.
post May 5, 2018 - 7:13 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

which i dont get, because engine prices are lower now, and the swap can be had for almost same price if not less than a 3sgte. Sure people like turbos, but the 270hp on a fwd sucks. but i guess this is one of those things that will never catch in the car community.

beams is catching up several years later

--------------------

17 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:39 PM