post Mar 6, 2015 - 7:18 PM
+Quote Post
DST94

Enthusiast
Joined May 11, '09
From California
Currently Offline

Hey all,

I want to start off by saying thank you for following this build. It has been a long ten years and we are finally able to show you all the end results of the build. Let me remind everyone that this is NOT my build but my Father's. He taught me everything I know and introduced me to the world of 6gc. This will show you the end results of the world's first ST205 coupe.

I am going to throw up (In no particular order) the old pictures of my Dad's progress

So that pretty much does it for all the Documented stuff for the swap. Sorry I dont have more but honestly there were so many nay sayers at the beginning of this build it has pretty much killed any desire my father has to share his success with anyone. Keep that in mind when someone starts out asking questions about an "Impossible Project" Anyways. Fast forward about 10 years and here we are today:

Dyno Run

Mods list:

Engine
Forged Pistons
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Head Gasket
Port and Polish
HKS 264 Cams

Intake / Exhaust
Blitz Intake
Same Length Turbo Manifold
Garret t3/t4 GT35R
40mm external Wastegate
HKS SSQIV BOV
FMIC conversion
3" De Cat custom Exhaust

Fuel
E85 Ethanol Conversion
AN-8 Fuel Lines
455L/H Fuel Pump
Top feed aluminum rail
2000cc Injectors

EMS
MoTeC M4 Box

Suspension / Braking
Whiteline Sway bars
Beatrush Strut Bar
Roll Cage / Rear Strut reinforcement
Tein Super Street Coilovers
Slotted Rotors
EBC Yellows

Interior
Corbeau Buckets
Corbeau 5 Points

Enjoy the pictures and comment your questions.

Cheers my friends.

Thanks For looking!

DST94 and Green_MachToy

Original Thread:
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...p;#entry1066007

--------------------
post Mar 6, 2015 - 7:31 PM
+Quote Post
DST94

Enthusiast
Joined May 11, '09
From California
Currently Offline

Videos of Our Cars!

--------------------
post Mar 6, 2015 - 8:21 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Meh to the nay-sayers. Glad to see that you guys got that shizzle done! Major inspiration for me! smile.gif

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Mar 6, 2015 - 8:43 PM
+Quote Post
DST94

Enthusiast
Joined May 11, '09
From California
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Mar 6, 2015 - 5:21 PM) *
Meh to the nay-sayers. Glad to see that you guys got that shizzle done! Major inspiration for me! smile.gif

Thanks Ngo! It was a long process, I will be making an in depth how to thread when I go about converting mine to AWD. So more will come in the future my friend!

--------------------
post Mar 6, 2015 - 9:07 PM
+Quote Post
TClifton91

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Savannah, GA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (DST94 @ Mar 6, 2015 - 8:43 PM) *

Thanks Ngo! It was a long process, I will be making an in depth how to thread when I go about converting mine to AWD. So more will come in the future my friend!

So much awesome! Will deffinately be a thread to follow. Do you expect it to be smoother, possibly cheaper this go around considering all the trial and error in the first build?
post Mar 6, 2015 - 9:14 PM
+Quote Post
DST94

Enthusiast
Joined May 11, '09
From California
Currently Offline

QUOTE (TClifton91 @ Mar 6, 2015 - 6:07 PM) *
QUOTE (DST94 @ Mar 6, 2015 - 8:43 PM) *

So much awesome! Will deffinately be a thread to follow. Do you expect it to be smoother, possibly cheaper this go around considering all the trial and error in the first build?

Most definitely, I will be using a chassis cutout and not a custom frame as well as a fuel cell not the stock fuel tank. All of this will seriously cut down on the percent error when it comes to rear end alignment (using stock chassis points to keep it aligned) and the fuel cell will make it much easier for plumbing, mounting, and tracking the car. Overall it should cut down on time, cost, and headache.

--------------------
post Mar 6, 2015 - 9:33 PM
+Quote Post
TClifton91

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Savannah, GA
Currently Offline

We'll good luck! I know I can't be the only one who would like to see this become a more feasable/less costly conversion.
post Mar 6, 2015 - 10:24 PM
+Quote Post
DST94

Enthusiast
Joined May 11, '09
From California
Currently Offline

QUOTE (TClifton91 @ Mar 6, 2015 - 6:33 PM) *
We'll good luck! I know I can't be the only one who would like to see this become a more feasable/less costly conversion.

I will make sure to fully document everything!

--------------------
post Mar 7, 2015 - 1:43 AM
+Quote Post
Nial

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 25, '08
From England
Currently Offline

I like it, some interesting fabrication going on there.

Just one thing.......

I don't know if it's still like that or if it was just like that for fitment checking, but there needs to be a big 3"+ washer on that sub frame bolt, at the moment it's just holding the centre of the bush, if that bush fails there is nothing holding the sub frame up. I can send you a picture if you want? Unless it's already sorted, in which case just ignore me smile.gif

--------------------
My Facebook GT4 Build page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GT4Rebuild
post Mar 7, 2015 - 4:30 AM
+Quote Post
DST94

Enthusiast
Joined May 11, '09
From California
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Nial @ Mar 6, 2015 - 10:43 PM) *
I like it, some interesting fabrication going on there.

Just one thing.......

I don't know if it's still like that or if it was just like that for fitment checking, but there needs to be a big 3"+ washer on that sub frame bolt, at the moment it's just holding the centre of the bush, if that bush fails there is nothing holding the sub frame up. I can send you a picture if you want? Unless it's already sorted, in which case just ignore me smile.gif

Good, call Nial. Honestly I havent been under the car in ages. My dad and I were just talking about putting the car on a lift and getting some proper pictures for everyone. She needs a new wheel bearing so might try to do two birds with one stone.

I will update the thread with some photos once I have them.

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:59 PM