6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

59 Pages V  « < 57 58 59  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Richee3's Progress thread., Wilwood BBK installed.
post Jun 27, 2019 - 12:17 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

How do you peeps keep having rusty gas tanks? My past 6gc & my current one never gave me problems.
post Jun 27, 2019 - 1:14 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

This one didnít rust, it was just crappy manufacturing defects. The first one took 20 years to rust.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1997 Supra- TT 6 speed, BPU.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2019 Rav4.
2001 Lexus LX470.
post Jun 27, 2019 - 6:50 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

OIC
post Jun 27, 2019 - 8:22 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jun 27, 2019 - 5:50 PM) *
OIC

Yup. Not happy about having to swap the tank out again but at least it was quick this time.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2019 Rav4.
2001 Lexus LX470.
post Jun 27, 2019 - 8:39 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Online

Where was it leaking from? crack in the bottom of the tank under or near a strap? So this happens to Corolla's too and the issue lies in the EVAP emissions system, it gets blocked up and doesn't vent, causing the tank to balloon and flex at the straps and then crack and leak over time. It's not super common but the cause is always the same, the charcoal canister is blocked. One guy found a bunch of dirt had packed the charcoal up, he cut it open, replaced it with aquarium charcoal, and glued it back together, never a problem again.

--------------------
post Jul 8, 2019 - 1:59 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

It had some pinhole leaks in the bottom, toward the front of the tank in the center. There were some bolts that hold what looks like a baffle for the fuel pump and these holes correspond with those spots. Thereís something like 18 of those spots in the tank. It gets real old real fast driving the car until itís completely out of gas so I can cover those spots with some Quicksteel just so my garage (and house since itís an attached garage) can smell like gas again a month later. kindasad.gif The new tank is good so far but the last one made it about a year before it started leaking.

I ordered window time for the GT4 since summer is finally here. Of course I mistakenly ordered it for a coupe. :imanidiot: The doors would have still worked but the driver door tint came with a crease in it. I tried to work it out but you could still see it from 100 miles away outside the car.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2019 Rav4.
2001 Lexus LX470.

59 Pages V  « < 57 58 59
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 17th, 2019 - 5:36 AM