6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1995 Toyota Celica ST coupe Engine noises 2/24/16, Video on machine gun noise. Link to video (PLEASE WATCH)
post Jan 15, 2015 - 2:31 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Sucks that you're having to go through so much Hell, perhaps you'll have good news to share soon.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 16, 2015 - 1:09 AM
+Quote Post
PrimeLuxeZ

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Dallas, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Smaay @ Jan 15, 2015 - 8:53 AM) *
good luck, I have 2 good 7A-FE heads here if you need one

oh okay, where are you located and, do those have egr on them?

QUOTE (cheela @ Jan 15, 2015 - 9:33 AM) *
man. that sucks. but hey, 3rd time's the charm right? hahah. hope it all goes well and you can get your celi back on the road.

Yes definitely hoping its the charmed on, I was really close on giving up on her and giving the celi back to the owner.
So close, I could taste it.

QUOTE (Box @ Jan 15, 2015 - 2:31 PM) *
Sucks that you're having to go through so much Hell, perhaps you'll have good news to share soon.

Yes in the very near future.

Update

1/15/15

I didnt work on the car today for some unknown reason, but Good news
My mother in law bought me a new battery from Wal*Mart, some oil and the oil filter. They want me to use my car already, since I moved in to there house. They got money up the ass, its nothing for them.
So im thankful for all they done for me so far.

But anyways I have a cool story from earlier today.
I work at autozone im not sure if i have mentioned that or not. (bad memory) thumbsdown.gif

But around 1 o clock I decide to go to my car and get a couple of things and as I open the door and turn around it to go left. I look up and see four headlight beaming at me and this blue that seems too familiar and even with the faded hood trunk and rooftop.

I saw my cars twin. Not as nice though at least. It had a dent in the back no spoiler, which in my opinion looks sexy, it had the same color interior beige and black. But this coupe was an auto. redface.gif

No fun. It had a high stance with like 16 inch wheels or so.

Oh yeah I took photos of it too.

Also we have these foglights at the auto zone I work at, they are amber according to the box they seem like the would fit. What yall think.

I will have more news tomorrow when I go work on the celi, putting new water pump that i previously had bought and the timing belt.
So Itll be ready for my mother inlaws brother to drop it in for me and be able to hook it up himself hopefully.
Thanks.

PrimeLuxeZ
post Jan 18, 2015 - 4:04 PM
+Quote Post
PrimeLuxeZ

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Dallas, Tx
Currently Offline

1/17/15

Very good news, and I mean very good.

So when we got that engine back in I worked on it the 16th, I put the new water pump, and out of all the three engines I kept the best looking timing belt covers. And put silicone around the edges on them to keep the timing belt as dry as possible.

Fram oil filter, with pennzoil 10-w30 something cheap right now to clean out the motor then ill change it again in about 2000 miles or so, with something better.

Some photos of the timing.

At an angle a bit.
On the cam:

On the crank:

I also removed the old intake and Exhaust manifold to put mine on there.
The intake had the small vacuum ports on the bottom all bent up, and the exhaust manifold didnt have the catalytic converter connected.
My valve cover that I took so long to paint just to mess it up on engines that kept failing. I should have kept a spare.

The spark plugs that it had where Denso resistor
this>>>>

http://www.sparkplugauto.com/denso/resisto...Ks8NBoCWt3w_wcB

#quicksearch

Photo of the ground straps and electrodes, really worn out. Rusted, and rounded off.

So I put in my Bosch Platinum from my original engine, Just to start the car and not have to strong of a spark if anything goes wrong.

Distributor on and spark plug wires too. Because I knew they wouldn't be able to set the ignition timing on the car.
(they as in my girls stepmom dad and brother, and girls dad.)
And if they did, I still wouldn't trust them.

The flywheel, seems like it has some hot spots, but I have no choice, so that goes back on, and now that I think of it does anyone sell lighter flywheels for the 7afe, I gotta do some searching.

They flywheel, alot of life left in it, and I had no choice.

The pressure plate with some bit of hot spots also, which really sucks that I couldn't replace now.
I guess its not to bad since all three are mated together.

Torqued the clutch on slammed the tranny in, with the driver axle. (will be replacing asap)
And had it ready for my father in law and his wifes brother to put back in the car.

Also if you read from a couple days back when I had to tow the car,and the car fell off the jack, and dented the spare tire capsule thing.
It doesn't look like much but now the spare tire bulges out into the trunk area and isnt level anymore.

1/18/15

I came back to work on it and finish it up, because they had no idea where half the other **** went since it was all over the car. Only I knew.
I put on the vacuum, and water lines under the throttle body. I put all accessories on, I actually changed the power steering pump bracket because
the one it had was thicker in diameter. Corolla ACC I guess.

Also I found out that wire three and wire two where switched on the distributor but right on the engine.
My hyphotesis, I switched the wires when I was working on the original engine head overhaul. And I put them back in the wrong spot, hence making the engine I bought sound like it was knocking??
So maybe the other 7afe engine was good, but I dont care because this one is cleaner and has less mileage on it.

A bit of water. That radiator doesnt go to this car, its of a corolla that I bought thinking it was gonna fit since the corolla had the 7afe and I was just eyeballing it lol.
So new radiator has was ordered on the 17th and will be here on monday the 19th

And a ****ty video of the car trying to start. If you have bad internet. I you hear the guy saying go ahead he was messing with ignition timing to find the right sport to turn on at.

The car had a bit of gas but wasn't reaching the fuel pump since it was on jackstands and leaning back, so we had half a gallon of gas laying around, and added that.

IT RUNA=s!!!!!!!!

ON my list of what to do asap.
buy both cv axles
buy two or maybe four new tires or maybe rims with used tires??
Get the car inspected
Get the car insured
Start paying dealer for the car. I still owe $700 I stopped paying him once the car broke down. thumbsup.gif

IN the near future:
Buy some lowering springs. I may go with some tein lowering spring. Almost two inch drop. eh
but new struts or coilovers but so expensive.
get black carpet, and black seats. There was a white celi 95 too with black interior a couple weeks ago, imma go again fopefully they still have them.
Better HU
SOME BASS
Fix my darn sunroof
Tent windows
Exhaust Headers
Bozo pipe
Maybe but extra trunk that is spoilerless.

Well Im happy its running will have more updates on my celi that I decided to name lilith. For your laziness.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=lilith+meaning
Ill keep yall updated.

PrimeLuxeZ

This post has been edited by PrimeLuxeZ: Jan 24, 2015 - 10:54 AM
post Jan 24, 2015 - 12:48 PM
+Quote Post
PrimeLuxeZ

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Dallas, Tx
Currently Offline

1\24\15

So I uploaded the videos of the start up on youtube, to post them better on here.

Since they didn't seem to work in my earlier post.

Here we are staring it up, but too low on gas.
http://youtu.be/H_tBy1RYWcE

Here shes started up. Sounding really healthy.

And the cv axles have been ordered with some really cheap good quality wiper blades.
only paid. $86 dollars. Also the cv axles are remans, only 30 day warranty, but good enough for that price. Plus a discount from a code.

post Jan 26, 2015 - 10:04 AM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

Fram thumbsdown.gif

--------------------
-Protection mode, For when your amp tries to blow its load.

1995 Toyota Celica GTS - Daily Driver
1999 Chevy Cavalier - Winter Beater
1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback - Dead

My Celica!
post Feb 3, 2015 - 10:08 PM
+Quote Post
PrimeLuxeZ

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Dallas, Tx
Currently Offline

02/03/15

So on the first of this month I moved out of my in laws house (kicked out) because they found ash in the restroom toilet, and they thought we where smoking cigarettes in the house. Which is slightly true just not cigarettes.
Anyways I went and put the radiator on the car it is a TYC brand, that they bought for me priced at $80 bucks.

And as I was leaving the small city of Venus a cop decides to pull a u turn just to pull me over.
*slap in the face
It was a female cop and pulled me over because my front lic. plate was missing.
And the funny thing my friend following me didn't have one neither.
So the car ended up getting impounded and i received a citation for no Lic. no inpection and no insurance.
I was just simply trying to get her home. What a bummer.

I had to pay $270.00 today, good thing was I didn't need insurance to take it out because the place holding it didn't require any.
So I drove her home with my brother following closely which was a 40 min. drive almost.
And she is now safely home where she belongs.

I'm really thinking of buying some of these off of eBay, with some cheapo wheals too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-Damper-Co...248&vxp=mtr

Also where can I get all pro-thane bushings for my car, like a kit if they sell them for the celica, I'm guessing they are the same for the st and gt maybe?

I almost forgot I got my axles and wiper blades in the mail a couple days back.
Good quality, with the blades that where Napa brand. I just couldn't beat those prices. I want to buy all other suspension bits before I put the axles on and get some new tires and get it aligned to get it riding proper.

That's it for today will have more in the near future.
Prime Luxe
post Feb 6, 2015 - 12:09 AM
+Quote Post
PrimeLuxeZ

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Dallas, Tx
Currently Offline

2/5/15

So I got the car Insured, on the 4th.
Got it inspected today, and now its 100% Legal.
YES!
So now I have a small issue, the car does not reach warming temp at all, the needle actually stays below the c line most of the time I drive around.
And it is working because if I am parked for a while it barely goes past the c line on the gauge. The car has mainly 90% antifreeze and 10%water, Could this effect it from not warming up properly. Also I haven't put back on the under body covers. So maybe all this added up is causing it to not warm up correctly.

Or maybe no thermostat or bad thermostat?
I want to fix asap because it is really affecting my gas mileage, running the car on open loop isn't good for my wallet lol.

So Im stuck between buying coil overs for the celica, or buying the exhaust header and all good headlights.

Will be making another updated list.

post Feb 6, 2015 - 7:59 AM
+Quote Post
Batman722

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '04
From Newport, RI
Currently Offline

bad thermostat.

--------------------
post Feb 6, 2015 - 10:49 AM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

yep, thermostat is stuck open.

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Feb 8, 2015 - 6:28 PM
+Quote Post
PrimeLuxeZ

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Dallas, Tx
Currently Offline

2/8/15

Okay so I will be buying the thermostat might as well replace it since almost everything on the cooling system is new.
Will be searching for the cheapest one, online or at parts store.

So yesterday the 7th I went to the junk yard to see if I could find the high beam headlights and the middle aluminum bash bar. (IDK proper name)
With the girlfriend of course, Nice adventure for her lol.
I went to a pick n pull with the most 6gc in stock. All I managed to find was a good bash bar, and one fog light the other one it had was damaged, and a good set of spark plug wires, but I have yet to install those.
Here is the bash bar and fog light.

And I also found a nice Ai power muffler I believe, and it says HKS power, probably a fake, but it was a nice muffler,cut it off a 2003 Mazda 3 i believe. Was a direct fit for it It may could have been a axle back from where it bolted. I hope it doesn't sound like a rice bucket.
I was planning on installing blast pipes, or a small twin bozo pipe out the back. But now I have this.

And I actually had to go today because I didn't have a sawzall or anything to cut it let alone the tools to unbolt it.
So I used this, and with some elbow grease got it going.

It being cut.

And yesterday doesn't end there. I was at the park and im guessing the tire was low, and I hit a pot hole and blew out the front passenger tire. So I had to go today and get another.

Im really tired of the faded paint. '

So on that note, the poll ends today.
and there is a tie between Black and Fighter jet theme paint job.
and when I mean fighter theme paint job i mean like this.

So I will put up a new pole to choose between which paint to go with.

PrimeLuxe
post Apr 20, 2015 - 10:15 PM
+Quote Post
PrimeLuxeZ

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Dallas, Tx
Currently Offline

4/20/2015

So much has happened, and I will do my best to piece it all together since the last update. With alot of photos of course.

2/6/15
Downtown Dallas in the back, with the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge aswell.
Random Shot.

2/10/15
Then the better set of spark plug wires. Compared to the old ones, number one cylinder wire was swollen from the engine oil spilling onto it.
Old

Newer

I also received my black TRD emblem from ebay. Which is awesome and will probably be put to the left of the license plate in the rear.

So since I had bought the muffler, I went to a muffler shop to get a quote and the guy was trying to charge me 70 dollars to install. Wasn't gonna happen, I may just weld it up my self, I recently acquired a 90 amp wire feed welder from harbor freight. Should be enough to get the job done.

2/11/14
This was an irritating day for me, I remember it so well.
So as I started the day, with the task in mind of, changing out my CV axles, I had no idea what was in store for me.

Up she went.

Trans gear oil being drained.
I reused it since it was all new when I just had installed the engine, not too long ago.

I do remember loosening everything was fairly easy, since it had mostly been all disassembled not too long ago either.

The seal had started to leak from the last removal and installation. Slow dripping.

Ripped boots, with an even worse axle.

So what ended up happening, RockAuto sent me the wrong axles, after all my hard work disassembling it and trying to fight the axles to go in.
They weren't going in, with closer inspection, they had sent me an axle for the 5sfe engine according to the box, and the splines where bigger then the original one on the Celica. And the other for the 7afe engine, buy that didn't fit either.
thumbsdown.gif

All on the bottom of the passenger side. Caked up oil from the leaky front seal from the previous engine.

Oh and I figured why my Celica was getting louder.

2/18/15
Bought a three dollar lens from the thrift store, its a macro lens, but takes awesome photos.

95 Celi, with recently acquired 91 Celi

2/24/15
Then this came in the mail. In white. smile.gif

2/25/15
Then I got another flat. Same side from the last.

3/22/15
So about a month went by until I finally installed me Failsafe thremostat.
Engine bay pic, White valve cover with a bit of winkle paint on bottom. With the Full intake painted Wrinkle, black.

Removal of Distributor, I had removed it because the seal was bad and hardened already. The only auto part store that had it was NAPA and that was at the end of the day, and it was way cheaper then what Auto zone and Oriellys was selling it for.

Will be needing a new cap soon.

And then I found this.
Like really. You can see where someone broke the tabs on the sides, and use the top part for some restriction. rolleyes.gif

4/20/15
Nothing has happened since then, but I just ordered a new set of Axles from ebay and I hope they are correct, never had issues with ebay.
Will be replacing both wheel bearings and seals as well, friends hooking it up, he has a 6gc as well with bearing that have warranty.
Do a little switcharoo, and I will be having everything I need hopefully by Wednesday.
I also will be buying three used/new tires. The two front ones are really bald, from so much vibration and movement caused by the bad bearings.
So that's everything up to date with my Celica.

PrimeLuxe
post Jul 26, 2015 - 10:39 PM
+Quote Post
PrimeLuxeZ

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Dallas, Tx
Currently Offline

This post has been edited by PrimeLuxeZ: Nov 11, 2015 - 9:20 PM
post Jul 27, 2015 - 1:54 PM
+Quote Post
PrimeLuxeZ

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Dallas, Tx
Currently Offline

7/27/15

So since the last update I received the axles and got the front wheel bearings, and bearing seals, replaced them and another trans axle seal since I damaged it upon removal of the driver side axle since I was having trouble removing it. The car ran good for a few weeks, then one day accelerating on the on ramp onto the freeway, I hear the Celica make a machine gun type noise, I could feel it on the clutch pedal the most so naturally I thought something went wrong with the axles, but the tranny was engaging and disengaging with no issue. I drove it for about another 2 miles, and as I down shifted, the sound immediately got louder. So I pulled over at a corner store checked it out, the sound gets louder and faster as the rpm's get higher. I got the car home, with all the noise it was making. And now Im stuck here, I havent checked the engine much, but the sound resonates throughout the engine bay and is hard to specifically pinpoint. I can feel more of the rattling feeling that matches up with the noise on the engine itself. What does everyohn think it could be, from my research possibly a spun bearing or the rod knocking, or loose piston caps. Any suggestions help.

Also on the good side, I just bought a 96 Camry LE with the 5sfe auto trans, about 5 days ago. Picked it up for $1000 with working A/c and very good tires.
Pretty comfortable car, but so slow. Here are some photos of her since i'm now dailying her while the Celica gets fixed.
Will take some better ones later, those where off the ad, from craigslist.

post Feb 20, 2016 - 5:40 PM
+Quote Post
PrimeLuxeZ

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Dallas, Tx
Currently Offline

2/20/16

So the car has been on the back burner for quite some time, I still have it, and I still have not done a single thing to it since it crapped out on me.
I have some videos now, well I have had for quite some time, just been to lazy to really put them up.
Also if y'all haven't read above, the car is making a machine gun like noise, I didn't get any responses so I'm guessing no one really cares, but Ill keep posting either way.
I have a shot from the outside of the vehicle, Its kinda hard to hear, since my phones microphone is crap from dropping it so much,
it has some static to it. But if you play close attention you can hear the sound when idling. Any help is appreciated, my Camry crapped out on me, that car Ill share the story later on that one.
So I want to get this one back up and running asap, since I have no car right now.

I posted the link to the video below, I cant seem to attach it directly on here to view from here.
Also if you like, check out the 3000gt POS im fixing as well.
https://youtu.be/XkkuU7xxRY0
post Mar 24, 2016 - 9:11 AM
+Quote Post
PrimeLuxeZ

Enthusiast
Joined May 13, '14
From Dallas, Tx
Currently Offline

3/24/16

So I see noone really cares on helping me figure out whats wrong with the darn Celi, Im just gonna drop engine and trans, and quit my lollygagging. Hope its just the throwout bearing.

And also in good news, is $250 for a set of 4 pot gt-four brakes a good deal? I see that on ebay they go upwards of $350 or more. I may just pick them up to use for my celi or resale.
post Mar 26, 2016 - 11:23 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

No one contributes here because they are too busy on facebooky. Sound in video is bad. Sounds engine. Not tranny. Did you have oil in it all the time? By any chance a loose flywheel? Or motor mount? It is definetely not good news.

Before you spend your money on calipers research their instalarion first

This post has been edited by njccmd2002: Mar 26, 2016 - 11:24 AM

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 2:18 AM