6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rentaspace's progression :), How My Celica Came to Be :)
post May 22, 2013 - 9:45 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

UPDATE:
Got my P2 license today biggrin.gif Woooh biggrin.gif

For those who don't know, the NSW licensing for vehicles goes as follows:
- When you turn 16 you may Attempt a driver knowledge test (DKT) and upon passing:
- 1 Year on 'L' learner plates (Must be accompanied by an adult/instructor) after 120hours logged you may attempt a driving instructor test at the Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) building.

After Passing:
- 1 year on 'P1' Red 'P' Plates. You may then attempt a Hazard Perception Test (HPT). Upon passing this you progress.

- 2 years on 'P2' Green 'P' Plates. You then attempt a Driver Qualification Test (A more advanced HPT with some DKT style questions)

Upon passing you progress to:
- Your full license.
Now, the numbers given can change for instance, if you are caught doing anything Illegal and speed related in the car you are suspended for at least 3 months. If you are caught in any Alcohol/Drug related crime (even if it has nothing to do with a car) you will also be punished by having to wait to progress on your license. Also the speed for learners has recently increased to 90km/h and the hours reduced if the learner attends some course thing... But, I have no idea on the specifics of that tongue.gif

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post May 23, 2013 - 3:10 AM
+Quote Post
ILoveMySilly97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '12
From Hanford/Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

Man that's complicated. How's the car accidents there anyways? Should be less since its more strict.

--------------------
post May 23, 2013 - 5:02 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ May 23, 2013 - 4:10 AM) *
Man that's complicated. How's the car accidents there anyways? Should be less since its more strict.
I can't imagine it being any more than anywhere else... The media just make out as if all P platers cause every accident on the road... which is untrue.

I recently bought myself a CashCam for some added protection from the other morons out there on the road. Personally, I have never been pulled over, just followed and tailgated by police. I drive sensibly for the most part, and my car is kept maintained and clean so the Police generally leave me alone and target the falling apart Supras, Sylvias, Corollas and other 'drift' cars that are typically used by P platers to hoon about in...

EDIT:
In my just under a year of driving I have been in 1 accident (not my fault got reversed into), and every day I am in a near-miss so therefore I got the CrashCam smile.gif

This post has been edited by rentaspace: May 23, 2013 - 5:03 AM

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post May 23, 2013 - 11:30 AM
+Quote Post
Nihil

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 17, '12
From Slovenia
Currently Offline

Interesting system.
But you should probably mention that the limits are in km/h and not mph, probably not everybody here knows that "aussies" use metric units system. And it's a big difference to drive under 100 km/h or 100 mph biggrin.gif

--------------------
post May 23, 2013 - 5:37 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Nihil @ May 23, 2013 - 12:30 PM) *
Interesting system.
But you should probably mention that the limits are in km/h and not mph, probably not everybody here knows that "aussies" use metric units system. And it's a big difference to drive under 100 km/h or 100 mph biggrin.gif

haha yeah, I should mention that...

Casually traveling down the highway at 160km/h lol

--------------------

post May 24, 2013 - 1:12 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Hey guess what, I was fully licensed at 16 without ever taking a driver's test. That and we have no limit on what we drive and what we can do to it. tongue.gif Now that you feel bad, I thought I'd check out your thread since you reply to me in the Today I... thread all the time. tongue.gif My only complaint is why all the TRD badges? It's like those Honda Accord sedans plastered with Type R badges. It'd be one thing if you could back it up, just saying. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 24, 2013 - 1:50 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ May 24, 2013 - 1:12 AM) *
Hey guess what, I was fully licensed at 16 without ever taking a driver's test. That and we have no limit on what we drive and what we can do to it. tongue.gif Now that you feel bad, I thought I'd check out your thread since you reply to me in the Today I... thread all the time. tongue.gif My only complaint is why all the TRD badges? It's like those Honda Accord sedans plastered with Type R badges. It'd be one thing if you could back it up, just saying. tongue.gif

I only have 3 of them lol tongue.gif

And I like the style of them especially compared with the ugly and faded 'sx' that wa son the back of the car. I am also considering removing the side ones, but I don't know yet...

I've also already out-performed an integra that lives around here twice now lol... The driver of it is an absolute dick that never lets me merge when I need to. And always tried to 'race' for it... Every time his car revs like crap but hardly moves ahaha...

This post has been edited by rentaspace: May 24, 2013 - 2:03 AM

--------------------

post May 24, 2013 - 3:41 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

They're also on your calipers, and mirrors. tongue.gif I SAW THEM WITH MY OWN EYES!!! Perhaps the Integra needs a clutch something fierce. Anyhow, you're doing a good job. I can't believe how much it cost though, and what has been put into into it by the dealer. Good job on bagging a warranty by the way.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 24, 2013 - 4:24 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ May 24, 2013 - 3:41 AM) *
They're also on your calipers, and mirrors. tongue.gif I SAW THEM WITH MY OWN EYES!!! Perhaps the Integra needs a clutch something fierce. Anyhow, you're doing a good job. I can't believe how much it cost though, and what has been put into into it by the dealer. Good job on bagging a warranty by the way.

Yeah the warranty has come in handy haha tongue.gif
The mirrors were never meant to actually go on lol... They were caliper decals and I had x4 spares, 2 went to my mirrors, x1 on my mates AE70/1 Corolla and the other on his brothers '92 Corolla.

--------------------

post Jun 2, 2013 - 10:39 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

UPDATE:
Well, this week we have got the Rear Splitters primed and ready for painting and I am hoping that we will have them completed and installed for the Toyota Owners Club Australia annual meet next weekend smile.gif

Other big news, I have bought and paid for a set of Projector headlights today and they are being shipped EMS, so I should have them by Early next week at the latest biggrin.gif

Will have pics of everything up as I finish biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Jun 3, 2013 - 2:09 PM
+Quote Post
Makabra

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 16, '10
From Poland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (rentaspace @ May 22, 2013 - 10:45 PM) *
UPDATE:

- When you turn 16 you may Attempt a driver knowledge test (DKT) and upon passing:
- 1 Year on 'L' learner plates (Must be accompanied by an adult/instructor) after 120hours logged you may attempt a driving instructor test at the Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) building.

After Passing:
- 1 year on 'P1' Red 'P' Plates. You may then attempt a Hazard Perception Test (HPT). Upon passing this you progress.

- 2 years on 'P2' Green 'P' Plates. You then attempt a Driver Qualification Test (A more advanced HPT with some DKT style questions)

- Your full license.
Now, the numbers given can change for instance, if you are caught doing anything Illegal and speed related in the car you are suspended for at least 3 months. If you are caught in any Alcohol/Drug related crime (even if it has nothing to do with a car) you will also be punished by having to wait to progress on your license. Also the speed for learners has recently increased to 90km/h and the hours reduced if the learner attends some course thing... But, I have no idea on the specifics of that tongue.gif

Hey!! Thanks very much for sharing this infos. I teach driving in Poland and always open to gather any new infos from around the world smile.gif In our country You go to driving school, You have to drive 30 hours and You can go to pass driving test and thats all. Cheers smile.gif

This post has been edited by Makabra: Jun 3, 2013 - 2:17 PM
post Jun 3, 2013 - 9:23 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Makabra @ Jun 3, 2013 - 3:09 PM) *
QUOTE (rentaspace @ May 22, 2013 - 10:45 PM) *
UPDATE:

After Passing:

- Your full license.

Hey!! Thanks very much for sharing this infos. I teach driving in Poland and always open to gather any new infos from around the world smile.gif In our country You go to driving school, You have to drive 30 hours and You can go to pass driving test and thats all. Cheers smile.gif

No worries, we have a similar thing being introduced soon, where a Learner can attend some course (I am not sure what it is) but they then only have to do 80 Hours or something, and lessons with an instructor for us count as x3 Hours (So If you have an hour lesson with an instructor, you get to put down x3hours.) That is, up to 30hours, so ten real-time hours of instructor lessons.

--------------------

post Jun 3, 2013 - 10:15 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

All joking aside I think the United States needs stricter requirements for a driver's license. The way it is now any bozo can pass it and is fully licensed. So many idiots on the road, it's not even funny... I didn't even have to take an actual test for my license, I just sat in a classroom and went "driving" a few times and wa la I'm legally licensed. Which looking back is just a terrible thing to have, for so many reasons. It turned out ok for me since I actually care about driving, I'm not the Stig but I'm certainly above average. I say we should do something like Finland, by the time you have your license you're practically a rally driver. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 3, 2013 - 10:32 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jun 3, 2013 - 11:15 PM) *
All joking aside I think the United States needs stricter requirements for a driver's license. The way it is now any bozo can pass it and is fully licensed. So many idiots on the road, it's not even funny... I didn't even have to take an actual test for my license, I just sat in a classroom and went "driving" a few times and wa la I'm legally licensed. Which looking back is just a terrible thing to have, for so many reasons. It turned out ok for me since I actually care about driving, I'm not the Stig but I'm certainly above average. I say we should do something like Finland, by the time you have your license you're practically a rally driver. tongue.gif

Don't worry, ours is a joke too... Many people just forge the hours, and the tests are identical to the online 'practice' versions...
The hardest bit of progressing to P2 is trying to look at the non-HD widescreen blurry video without exploding your eyes...

Apart from that the rest is a joke, many people pass and shouldn't have a license, I know a P2 that is up to his 4th car... Every crash is a rear-ender where he is at fault and every time he says 'My brakes didn't work properly' to which everyone replies 'No you didn't brake properly', since his car was mechanically fine...

I also know someone that managed to fill their unleaded car up with diesel, how that is even possible I have no idea but that car didn't run again...

To get to my work I have to drive through the worst parts of Sydney:
Bankstown... The drivers there are impatient, rude, ignorant and think they own the frigan road because they have a larger car... That's why I got a dash cam, just for that added bit of security if someone does hit me...

I also quite like this photo:

This post has been edited by rentaspace: Jun 3, 2013 - 10:40 PM

--------------------

post Jun 3, 2013 - 10:46 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

All in favour of adopting Finland's rally school as a driver's licence test say "I". tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 3, 2013 - 10:51 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jun 3, 2013 - 11:46 PM) *
All in favour of adopting Finland's rally school as a driver's licence test say "I". tongue.gif

'I'

--------------------

post Jun 7, 2013 - 2:38 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Got these photos today:

--------------------

post Jun 7, 2013 - 2:57 AM
+Quote Post
Timmyface

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
From Maitland, NSW
Currently Offline

Drive north, get Joshua to drive south. Meet me in the middle for an awesome photo shoot.
But seriously. Haha

I've considered getting a dash can too. To record these idiot drivers. But pretty much any accident involving a rear end, the driver that hits the back of the other will 99% be at fault regardless of brake lights etc kindasad.gif

--------------------
post Jun 7, 2013 - 3:03 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Timmyface @ Jun 7, 2013 - 2:57 AM) *
Drive north, get Joshua to drive south. Meet me in the middle for an awesome photo shoot.
But seriously. Haha

I've considered getting a dash can too. To record these idiot drivers. But pretty much any accident involving a rear end, the driver that hits the back of the other will 99% be at fault regardless of brake lights etc kindasad.gif

I always get cut off, and in that event the dashcam will save me. D**ks in 4WDs think they can just merge in and change lanes whenever they want, and my dad got caught by a bus which actually rammed him, when he went to the Police station; the bus driver walked in an accused my dad of attacking his 8T bus in a 800Kg Mazda 121...

The cop just said 'We can book you both or none; you choose'
So now with the dashcam I can prove that I am not at fault smile.gif

--------------------

post Jun 7, 2013 - 3:04 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Timmyface @ Jun 7, 2013 - 3:57 AM) *
But seriously. Haha

Haha, you've had a head start with this modding thing... we need a bit of time to catch up first tongue.gif

And the Brisbane Celica Club is planning a 2 day NSW cruise later this year.... tongue.gif

And I bought a dash cam recently too... I also have one that I am going to wire permanently to the battery and it has motion detection recording so it records anybody doing anything suspicious when your car is parked tongue.gif

--------------------

SOLD :( 1997 ST204 Celica ZR -----> See it here on 6GC!
2013 October Celica of the Month XD
Now: '00 NB8B Mazda MX5 -----> See it here in off topic!

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:54 PM