> Flush Fit Wheel Fitment, Offsets for Flush Fitment which is Proper Fitment
post Oct 12, 2009 - 2:04 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
From pineapple under the sea
Currently Offline

Based on my math, you'll actually gain a bit over a half inch of strut clearance going from 7.5" +45 to 8" +25. So inner clearance won't be a problem, but you're going to extend an inch out towards the fender, so stick a ruler on your rim and measure out an inch - and that's going to tell you how close your rim will be to the fender.

--------------------
1991 MR2 - T-tops - Crimson Red - Gen3 3SGTE - Lots of money

I'm not really an asshole, but I play one on the internet.
**** Photobucket
post Oct 12, 2009 - 3:02 PM
+Quote Post
Harold_Fastwaker

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 8, '07
From United States
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SoundSlut_dotcom @ Oct 12, 2009 - 12:21 PM) *
i know this is annoying... but.. im about to order these rims.. so this is right before i buy these i just want to ask one last time.....

18x8 5x100/114.3 25
18x8 5x100/114.3 25
18x8 5x100/114.3 25

^^ WILL THESE FIT w/ no mod/no rubbing ... ps: also on airbags..

thnx

Not annoying at all. Hence why I made this thread to help out people who want proper fitting wheels.

QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Oct 12, 2009 - 3:04 PM) *
Based on my math, you'll actually gain a bit over a half inch of strut clearance going from 7.5" +45 to 8" +25. So inner clearance won't be a problem, but you're going to extend an inch out towards the fender, so stick a ruler on your rim and measure out an inch - and that's going to tell you how close your rim will be to the fender.

As stated, you will have 14mm more inner clearance than you have now and will bump out 26mm (1.1 inch). Since your wheels clear now they will not have a problem at all with the new wheels. Even if your wheels now are +40 you will gain 9mm more clearance on the inner and push out 21mm.

This post has been edited by Harold_Fastwaker: Oct 12, 2009 - 3:04 PM

--------------------
post Jan 27, 2010 - 2:40 PM
+Quote Post
Harold_Fastwaker

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 8, '07
From United States
Currently Offline

An example.

--------------------
post Feb 7, 2010 - 8:59 PM
+Quote Post
nintyfourcelicam...

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 13, '10
From CT, USA
Currently Offline

maybe this is a dumb question with a simple answer...but what is a stretched tire??? and if i have a set of 114.3 wheels and don't know the offet....how do i measure to know???? i know that i will need to buy wheel adapters....but i am looking for that flush wheel look...and will maybe need camber bolts for the rear and roll my rear fenders too... Thanks for your help in advance.
post Feb 7, 2010 - 9:45 PM
+Quote Post
808celica

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 24, '07
From Oahu, Hawaii
Currently Offline

114.3 pattern wont fit our cars. stretched tire is just a smaller tire being fitted on a wider rim.

This post has been edited by 808celica: Feb 7, 2010 - 9:45 PM

--------------------
I don't normally drive fast, but when I do its on a curvy section of this island
post Feb 7, 2010 - 11:32 PM
+Quote Post
Harold_Fastwaker

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 8, '07
From United States
Currently Offline

Look on the inside of your wheel. Somewhere it will have stamped the size, width and offset. Most likely on one of the spokes.

As stated with 114.3 which I believe is also 5x4.5 you need an adapter to change lug patterns. Minimum adapter width for this would be 20mm which is a bit under 1 inch. However, with celica studs you need 25mm to clear it. So calculate that into your offset.

Stretched tires are just like they sound. You take a narrower tire and make it fit some thing wider. For instance, you take a 7.5 width tire and mount it to a 9.5 wide wheel.

This post has been edited by Harold_Fastwaker: Feb 7, 2010 - 11:33 PM

--------------------
post Feb 8, 2010 - 3:21 AM
+Quote Post
808celica

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 24, '07
From Oahu, Hawaii
Currently Offline

just something i keep forgetting to post

http://fatlace.com/hellaflush/

Harold, you down??? laugh.gif
If I see your car on fatlace i'll get my car up there too wink.gif

--------------------
I don't normally drive fast, but when I do its on a curvy section of this island
post Feb 8, 2010 - 8:59 AM
+Quote Post
Spider77

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 17, '08
From JB MDL, NJ
Currently Offline

This post has been edited by Spider77: Feb 8, 2010 - 6:36 PM
post Feb 9, 2010 - 12:36 AM
+Quote Post
Harold_Fastwaker

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 8, '07
From United States
Currently Offline

QUOTE (808celica @ Feb 8, 2010 - 3:21 AM) *
just something i keep forgetting to post

http://fatlace.com/hellaflush/

Harold, you down??? laugh.gif
If I see your car on fatlace i'll get my car up there too wink.gif

I was going to submit my car once my exhaust is finished and I am fully happy with my stance. So hopefully it will be on there shortly.

--------------------
post Feb 9, 2010 - 12:45 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

I'm sorry, but I just don't get this HellaFlush craze...Harold, your stance and wheel fitment is pretty much perfect (even though I know you'll disagree). All I see on that site is stretched tires, hella camber, and just generally cars that look like...ass. Seriously.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Feb 9, 2010 - 12:12 PM
+Quote Post
Harold_Fastwaker

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 8, '07
From United States
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Feb 9, 2010 - 12:45 AM) *
I'm sorry, but I just don't get this HellaFlush craze...Harold, your stance and wheel fitment is pretty much perfect (even though I know you'll disagree). All I see on that site is stretched tires, hella camber, and just generally cars that look like...ass. Seriously.

laugh.gif Thanks for the complement. biggrin.gif It is just boredom for me. After I see it for a while I want to change it up, unfortunately I do not have the money to buy a new set of wheels so I am stuck tinkering with what I have.

The other problem is my megans have now been lowered to their max setting frown.gif I need a 35 or 40 series tire now if I want it to go lower.

--------------------
post Feb 9, 2010 - 3:45 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Harold_Fastwaker @ Feb 9, 2010 - 12:12 PM) *
laugh.gif Thanks for the complement. biggrin.gif It is just boredom for me. After I see it for a while I want to change it up, unfortunately I do not have the money to buy a new set of wheels so I am stuck tinkering with what I have.

The other problem is my megans have now been lowered to their max setting frown.gif I need a 35 or 40 series tire now if I want it to go lower.

You're welcome, but I'm taking that back unless you show up to the meet. Screw lacrosse.

I can imagine that though, even I get a little bored unless I do something new (and I've done relatively little).

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Mar 2, 2010 - 10:07 PM
+Quote Post
nintyfourcelicam...

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 13, '10
From CT, USA
Currently Offline

okay so i decided not to go with 19" rims and found a great deal on some 18" x 8 1/2" Enkei EV5 wheels with what i believe is a 35 offset (stamp is on the inside of the hub, a 35 inside a circle)...what will i need for a flush look? will i need spacers and what tires should i get? my car is lowered...THANKS in advanced.
post Mar 4, 2010 - 2:39 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
Currently Offline

You'll need an 8mm spacer up front to bring the front offset to +27 and a 25mm spacer in the rear to bring the rear offset to +10.

--------------------

**** Photobucket
post Mar 4, 2010 - 2:49 PM
+Quote Post
Harold_Fastwaker

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 8, '07
From United States
Currently Offline

QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Mar 4, 2010 - 2:39 PM) *
You'll need an 8mm spacer up front to bring the front offset to +27 and a 25mm spacer in the rear to bring the rear offset to +10.

Well his PM to me said the wheels are 114 and 120. So he needs an adapter and min spacer for that is 25mm. So he is going to poke a bit up front, nothing -camber cant fix.

--------------------
post Mar 4, 2010 - 3:31 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
Currently Offline

That is going to be a LOT of poke up front, camber would need to be -4

--------------------

**** Photobucket
post Mar 4, 2010 - 3:50 PM
+Quote Post
nintyfourcelicam...

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 13, '10
From CT, USA
Currently Offline

I can buy 20mm adapters for the front....that would take me to +15... i think you said above that i need et+27 for the fronts...Hmm...what number do i need to get to? can anyone tell me how i install camber and where i can buy them please? thank you.
post Mar 4, 2010 - 3:53 PM
+Quote Post
Harold_Fastwaker

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 8, '07
From United States
Currently Offline

QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Mar 4, 2010 - 3:31 PM) *
That is going to be a LOT of poke up front, camber would need to be -4

biggrin.gif That is where I am headed right now. Ordering new front spacers to get me some poke. My rears are perfect, but negative camber up front leaves my wheels looking sunken.

--------------------
post Mar 4, 2010 - 4:04 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
Currently Offline

QUOTE (nintyfourcelicaman @ Mar 4, 2010 - 12:50 PM) *
I can buy 20mm adapters for the front....that would take me to +15... i think you said above that i need et+27 for the fronts...Hmm...what number do i need to get to? can anyone tell me how i install camber and where i can buy them please? thank you.

Flush is +27. With a 20mm lug adapter on the front you'll be 12mm PAST flush. Either you'll need to run stretched tires on the front or some SERIOUS camber. Those wheels will sit 1/2" outside of your fender with that configuration.

--------------------

**** Photobucket
post Mar 4, 2010 - 4:42 PM
+Quote Post
nintyfourcelicam...

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 13, '10
From CT, USA
Currently Offline

ok...so if i am running 1/2 inch past the stock fender...but i have fiberglass billlit fenders....i wonder if they are wider than stock??? also how do i buy camber kits?? Thanks for all the help and advice so far...i'm trying to figure this all out as we go along!! biggrin.gif

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 9:55 AM