> Brake cooling ducts..
post Sep 22, 2017 - 10:45 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

im currently researching, on this matter.. but i see a lot of different things on the matter..

Project Mu has the air directed to the friction surface of the rotor...

these guys have them directed to the fins..

and ive seen hydrid versions of both, what are your toughts...

i do like these intakes..

anyone done these?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Sep 23, 2017 - 9:17 AM
+Quote Post
slavie

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '15
From NY
Currently Offline

Are you sticking with the dust shields or getting rid of them? That may limit your choices.

It seems like any amount of brake cooling is beneficial. I've been looking at Porsche GT3 style cooling ducts, as they seem to be relatively easy to implement. Simplest is just a spoiler that redirects some air to the rotors (no direct piping), followed by the scoop type deal like the last one you linked.

Best would be to run a direct line from the front grill to the brakes themselves, but you run into issues of where to run the line so that it doesn't interfere with the wheel's range of motion. Specifically, on pas side, can't run below subframe (too low) or above (engine in the way). Maybe come up and run down along the strut tower? I don't know, haven't figured that one out hence leaning towards air redirect spoilers.

EDIT: Oh, and check out these drool worthy carbon fiber F1 brake cooling ducts. Yea...

This post has been edited by slavie: Sep 23, 2017 - 9:19 AM
post Sep 23, 2017 - 1:27 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

I dont have shields at the moment. So the sky is the limit

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Sep 23, 2017 - 9:20 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I would go for inside of the rotor, then you're cooling from the center. Whereas on the friction surface it's just one side of the rotor. I'd imagine you'd want the cooling to be as even as possible.

This post has been edited by Box: Sep 23, 2017 - 9:20 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Sep 24, 2017 - 8:23 PM
+Quote Post
slavie

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '15
From NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Sep 23, 2017 - 1:27 PM) *
...So the sky is the limit

Well then - see the Carbon Fiber F1 style cooling ducts I referenced above. laugh.gif

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 1:44 PM