> Gen 4 3sgte, Opinions
post Oct 30, 2017 - 11:40 PM
+Quote Post
Tmiller

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 21, '17
From Miller42!
Currently Offline

Hello I know I have been making alot of threads but thanks to you guys I now have the 3sgte in my celica ! With a few more things and it's done ! Just curious what's the best way to run the intercooler ? Do I need to cut holes or anything I've been looking at it but just curious before I start I already have the intercooler just need help it's front mount btw thank you all !
post Nov 1, 2017 - 7:03 PM
+Quote Post
HardHead93

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 7, '15
From New Mexico
Currently Offline

Do a search on intercooler pipe routing for a 3sgte. That is how I found how to route my piping. Most people take the pipe over the exhaust manifold then down to the intercooler. Then from the intercooler they wrap around and come back up to the intake manifold. You will have to cut a hole on the passenger side by the intercooler to poke the pipe out from the engine bay. Some of the pictures put in one of your threads shows how. Don't forget to put a blow-off valve somewhere in the piping.
post Nov 5, 2017 - 9:43 PM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

no cutting required, you can route the piping under the fusebox. there is plenty of room there.

personally i would clock the turbo down so the piping does not have to go over the manifold.

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:16 AM