6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

60 Pages V  « < 57 58 59 60 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Richee3's Progress thread., Wilwood BBK installed.
post Jun 27, 2019 - 12:17 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

How do you peeps keep having rusty gas tanks? My past 6gc & my current one never gave me problems.
post Jun 27, 2019 - 1:14 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

This one didn’t rust, it was just crappy manufacturing defects. The first one took 20 years to rust.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 27, 2019 - 6:50 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

OIC
post Jun 27, 2019 - 8:22 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jun 27, 2019 - 5:50 PM) *
OIC

Yup. Not happy about having to swap the tank out again but at least it was quick this time.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 27, 2019 - 8:39 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Where was it leaking from? crack in the bottom of the tank under or near a strap? So this happens to Corolla's too and the issue lies in the EVAP emissions system, it gets blocked up and doesn't vent, causing the tank to balloon and flex at the straps and then crack and leak over time. It's not super common but the cause is always the same, the charcoal canister is blocked. One guy found a bunch of dirt had packed the charcoal up, he cut it open, replaced it with aquarium charcoal, and glued it back together, never a problem again.

--------------------
post Jul 8, 2019 - 1:59 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

It had some pinhole leaks in the bottom, toward the front of the tank in the center. There were some bolts that hold what looks like a baffle for the fuel pump and these holes correspond with those spots. There’s something like 18 of those spots in the tank. It gets real old real fast driving the car until it’s completely out of gas so I can cover those spots with some Quicksteel just so my garage (and house since it’s an attached garage) can smell like gas again a month later. kindasad.gif The new tank is good so far but the last one made it about a year before it started leaking.

I ordered window time for the GT4 since summer is finally here. Of course I mistakenly ordered it for a coupe. :imanidiot: The doors would have still worked but the driver door tint came with a crease in it. I tried to work it out but you could still see it from 100 miles away outside the car.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post May 24, 2020 - 1:50 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

Soooo.... Does her car still run?
post May 24, 2020 - 2:17 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

who knows, maybe or maybe not

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post May 24, 2020 - 4:53 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Parted it out.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post May 24, 2020 - 5:10 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

Well at least we know he's alive.
post May 24, 2020 - 10:01 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ May 24, 2020 - 5:10 PM) *

Jake and Sam were visiting them but for all we know, Brigette killed him and called them out to buy parts off the BEAMS so that may not even be him responding.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post May 24, 2020 - 11:34 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ May 24, 2020 - 10:01 PM) *
QUOTE (navseal345 @ May 24, 2020 - 5:10 PM) *

Jake and Sam were visiting them but for all we know, Brigette killed him and called them out to buy parts off the BEAMS so that may not even be him responding.

F*CK you're right! Damn it.
post May 24, 2020 - 11:38 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ May 24, 2020 - 4:53 PM) *
Ported it out.

Fixed that for you.

--------------------
post May 25, 2020 - 1:52 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ May 24, 2020 - 11:38 PM) *
QUOTE (richee3 @ May 24, 2020 - 4:53 PM) *
Farted it out.

Fixed that for you.

nope, i fixed it!!!!!

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post May 26, 2020 - 12:47 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

Dan,
do you feel like the superstrut "darts" when you get it past a certain point in a corner? Or does it just corner well?

I ask because if I make a right hander in mine it feels ok, almost normal. But if I make a left hander, christ almighty hold on. On a track it would have darted down to the inside on the apron.

Inherently I know that there's a joint issue somewhere in the superstrut, been too lazy to actually diagnose it and change parts, but wondering if the right hander or the left hander is the problem after re reading some of the last years posts.

--------------------
post May 26, 2020 - 8:13 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ricochet1490 @ May 26, 2020 - 12:47 PM) *
Dan,
do you feel like the superstrut "darts" when you get it past a certain point in a corner? Or does it just corner well?

I ask because if I make a right hander in mine it feels ok, almost normal. But if I make a left hander, christ almighty hold on. On a track it would have darted down to the inside on the apron.

Inherently I know that there's a joint issue somewhere in the superstrut, been too lazy to actually diagnose it and change parts, but wondering if the right hander or the left hander is the problem after re reading some of the last years posts.

You for sure have one or more worn parts and likely a dynamic alignment problem because of it.

--------------------
post May 28, 2020 - 7:35 AM
+Quote Post
PizzaGuy01

Enthusiast

Joined Nov 30, '12
From San Antonio
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ricochet1490 @ May 26, 2020 - 1:47 PM) *
Dan,

Could be a loose bushing bolt. When you turn, the outside wheel takes the load and its enough to shift a loose joint. Does the superstrut have crush tubes and are yours installed?

This post has been edited by PizzaGuy01: May 28, 2020 - 7:36 AM
post May 28, 2020 - 5:02 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

QUOTE (PizzaGuy01 @ May 28, 2020 - 7:35 AM) *
QUOTE (ricochet1490 @ May 26, 2020 - 1:47 PM) *
Dan,

Could be a loose bushing bolt. When you turn, the outside wheel takes the load and its enough to shift a loose joint. Does the superstrut have crush tubes and are yours installed?

When I bolted the halfcut subframe in, it is in exactly that same condition with exception to the fact I added the struts that were missing. So its a definite maybe.

Pretty sure all the bolts are tight. I have shop down the road that always has skylines, miatas etc out front. Probably just take it there so he can put it on the lift with all my spare SS parts, see if they can make something work.

--------------------
post Nov 24, 2020 - 4:30 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Let’s see how this works out...

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Nov 24, 2020 - 6:48 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Y'all 6GC people need to quit stealing my damn 7th gen parts! Wheels, seats, now COMPUTERS!

This post has been edited by Bitter: Nov 24, 2020 - 6:48 PM

--------------------

60 Pages V  « < 57 58 59 60 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:29 AM