6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Replaced automatic transmission, shifts early.
post Nov 5, 2015 - 3:36 PM
+Quote Post
JohnnyCeee

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 23, '15
From Havertown, Pennsylvania
Currently Offline

I would greatlyrics appreciate it if somebody would help me out here...
The differential part of my transaxle recently failed so I bought a used transaxle from a scrapyard. The new transmission shifts early, like my old one did when it was cold, even when I floor it after driving for an extended period of time. New fluid and filter done at installation. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
post Nov 5, 2015 - 7:52 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

You need to adjust the throttle valve cable from the throttle body to trans, I don't remember which way you need to adjust it for it upshifting too early but I think you need to add some slack to the cable. It can also force downshifts more readily to make the car feel a little peppier and to make highway passing easier.

--------------------
post Nov 5, 2015 - 8:16 PM
+Quote Post
JohnnyCeee

Enthusiast

Joined Oct 23, '15
From Havertown, Pennsylvania
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Nov 5, 2015 - 8:52 PM) *
You need to adjust the throttle valve cable from the throttle body to trans, I don't remember which way you need to adjust it for it upshifting too early but I think you need to add some slack to the cable. It can also force downshifts more readily to make the car feel a little peppier and to make highway passing easier.

Thank you very much
post Nov 5, 2015 - 11:55 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

It doesn't take much to notice an affect, I think I added less than 1/4 inch of slack to my 7A and it's automatic and it would hold a gear longer before upshifting at part throttle and more easily down shift with less throttle. It made the trans more sensitive which made the car feel sportier to drive, I really liked it!

--------------------
post Aug 28, 2022 - 12:31 AM
+Quote Post
Galen57

Enthusiast

Joined Aug 28, '22
From Guam
Currently Offline

I will try this. Mine shifts way too early.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:22 PM