> 3sge vs 3sgte, Difference?
post Dec 3, 2020 - 4:53 AM
+Quote Post
Celica4Lyfe

Enthusiast

Joined Nov 17, '20
From Toyota1996
Currently Offline

Hello, ive seen alot of people with 3sge swaps aka the beams swap from the stock engine and ive been looking at a 3sgte swap hoping it'll go good in my 99 hatchback gt st204 model, i know im gonna have to get a standalone ecu for either or but the only difference my uneducated mind can tell is one is turbocharged and one isn't? But if you add a turbo to the beams isn't it the same difference? Also since their is a difference in generations im thinking a gen 4 3sgte and maybe finding a way for twin turbo or big spool with low compression to reduce detonation chances, any info would be awesome as I've only gotten into this this year and have already started modding the crap out of my baby 😀 Thanks if you find this!
post Dec 3, 2020 - 11:20 AM
+Quote Post
slavie

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '15
From NY
Currently Offline

Do a little more research, there's plenty of excellent info right on this forum. Find some swap threads, etc.

3SGE vs 3SGTE, the factory turbo motor has different pistons which give it the lower compression. To get 3SGE to that level of compression will require GTE pistons, which pretty much means engine rebuild. Much easier to start with 3SGTE in the first place. Standalone is not strictly necessary, you can use the factory ECU for either engine you get, GE or GTE. Any option will require considerable wiring shenanigans though, so standalone is not really any easier. All depends on your budget.

Good luck, and have fun with the car.
post Dec 20, 2020 - 10:45 PM
+Quote Post
block

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '06
From Soda
Currently Offline

You'll be pleased with the 3sgte. Loved mines when I had it, will probably get the real deal next spring.

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 12:13 AM