> 'THE FOUR'
post Sep 26, 2014 - 7:48 AM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
From U.P. michigan GO STATE
Currently Offline

Finally found some turbo blue in the area to address the low octane issue i feel i was having. Thankfully the car runs like a new car...funny to think how much of a difference it made. none the less i have a friend who works at a local tuning shop and he agreed to let me run my car on the dyno one night.

made an impressive 259.7whp & 237.2tq

im working on getting the dyno sheet seeing as it was after hours and we really never got around to printing it. i do have a crappy video i will try to upload though thumbsup.gif

--------------------
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Celica: The name is derived from the Spanish word for "heavenly" or "celestial".
Back-2-Back July COTM 15&16
post Sep 26, 2014 - 4:32 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

<------ Jealous.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Sep 26, 2014 - 4:36 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

^ Says the guy with the Supra...

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Sep 26, 2014 - 10:11 PM
+Quote Post
FORGMANN

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 11, '04
From WI
Currently Offline

Well this is weird

Since importing my ST205 10 years ago seems like i am always close to other ST205s
First the Red one that has been around the country and white one owned by retired doctor
in Columbus area

Now i live in Green Bay for last few years and once again have a st205 close by, Awesome and Great pics .

I was just in Marinette today for work . Won't see my st205 on street any time soon as
supercharged 2GRFE V6 Mr2 is priority to get done by next spring . Neither car will get
driven in winter ever.

This is from a stop in Fond du lac to get gas August 13' towing home from sitting in friends body shop
near Dubuque ,IA for 8 years

This post has been edited by FORGMANN: Sep 26, 2014 - 10:13 PM

--------------------
Old guy with the toys
95 ST205 WRC (the real deal)
94 MR2 HARDTOP Supercharged 2GR/6SPD 22 owned
post Sep 26, 2014 - 10:32 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Absolutely amazing!! Definitely should try to meet up one time! I'm pleased to hear there is another great machine so close!

This post has been edited by 4-eyed-freek: Sep 26, 2014 - 10:33 PM

--------------------
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Celica: The name is derived from the Spanish word for "heavenly" or "celestial".
post Sep 30, 2014 - 10:32 AM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

nothing like a warm fall day, curvy roads, and spooling!! thumbsup.gif

small update

Been driving the car a lot recently, can you blame me lol
unfortunately the time is getting closer to storing it for the winter and doing some work on it. (super strut suspension is crying for help!!!) i have some questions for you guys. im looking to put the car up on jack stands, should i put them on the pinch welds or the actual frame rails?
also would anyone have the minimal rotor thickness for turning st205 rotors?

thanks for the help guys!

BONUS!!!!
my dad found this gem, looks like your typical momo shift knob..but its by far not! came in a Toyota bag with a part number. (i will post the number tonight) i ran the number at work through our system with no luck, our parts manager couldn't even run the number. i eventually came across a site on Google and found out it was only a Japanese part for the ST 205. list in 93...$203!!!!!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by 4-eyed-freek: Oct 1, 2014 - 8:38 AM

--------------------

post Oct 1, 2014 - 8:54 AM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Update,
TRD coil overs thumbsup.gif
big thanks to forgmann!

Going to start putting this all in tonight, lubed everything up last night to prep the car. hopefully it should be smooth sailing.
getting back to the momo shift knob, found some pictures of the part numbers and then ran it in toyodiy's web site as a jdm number only.

--------------------

post Oct 1, 2014 - 1:59 PM
+Quote Post
Fate

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 30, '04
From Atlantic City
Currently Offline

Awesome!

--------------------
post Oct 1, 2014 - 2:15 PM
+Quote Post
Nial

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 25, '08
From England
Currently Offline

QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Sep 30, 2014 - 11:32 AM) *
I have some questions for you guys. im looking to put the car up on jack stands, should i put them on the pinch welds or the actual frame rails?

I would go with neither, try and find support on the sub frames, make some nice wooden blocks and use that to support the car.

If you are feeling creative you could make some hub mounted jack stands.

--------------------
My Facebook GT4 Build page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GT4Rebuild
post Oct 1, 2014 - 2:54 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

As far as wood blocks are you just suggesting to use wood blocks between the frame rails and jacks to even out the pressure and avoid the stands being directly on the rails? or just big blocks or wood lol

--------------------

post Oct 1, 2014 - 3:02 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Fate @ Oct 1, 2014 - 1:59 PM) *
Awesome!

Thanks!! smile.gif

--------------------

post Oct 4, 2014 - 2:19 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

*update* car is now lowered in the front.

-unfortunately i broke the pass side axle, not a single clue how but when the strut came out the banana arm and camber arm dropped down a lot further than the previous side. i thought to myself that was strange and continued. when i started to resemble i couldn't get the strut up into the top where it bolts to the strut tower. later found out the axle was binding inside the inner axle boot. my dad just lightly,and this is no exaggeration... pushed the axle back; we heard a pop and now the axle shaft spins freely inside the inner boot. time for new front axles rolleyes.gif

apart from that set back the car is now waiting on axles and then rush to get it to the shop it will be resting in over winter tongue.gif
where it will get undercoated, rear suspension, catless down pipe, jdm tails, and new pads with turned rotors.

--------------------

post Nov 16, 2014 - 10:22 AM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

"small update"

After the axle situation,which wasnt easily resolved like i wished. i had to trailer the car an hour to where i work to put the car on a lift. once in the air it came right out without any issues. i replaced the trans fluid and axle seals while i had it in the air. since i had the car at work i decided to throw it on the alignment rack....ughhh not pretty. i got most of it into somewhat spec* better than what it had been at. My mind then turned to some other little things, but out of no where the ominous super strut clunk came. my thought turned to the figure 8, with help from some great people at tcb in the uk i received my part only to find out that the control arm needed replacement. once again with some great help from 6gc i got a great collection of suspension parts. with all this being said,and the snow begin to fall i have not gotten the car into storage. hopefully within the month i will be able to get the car into storage where the fender will get repainted, brakes rotors will be sand blasted,painted and then turned, install the control arm, installed the rear coils, and undercoat the car.

i would like to give a big shout out to luke (enderswift) and dave (dkdmonk)
for all the great help they have provided!

susper strut parts from dkdmonk

awaiting sand blasting

after blasting

also cleaned the threads up with a wire wheel

primed, and then painted by my best friend. (who will eventually paint the car)

unfortunately the car was really dirty in this picture but i just happened to snap this neat picture after taking my brother out for a ride. biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Nov 18, 2014 - 12:07 AM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

no prob bro, Midwest 6gc always helps each other out. Chris and Zack got me a replacement s54 in less than a day. However, I demand an hour of time under that car to take measurements!

--------------------
post Nov 18, 2014 - 7:24 PM
+Quote Post
JDUB

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 5, '08
From Portland, Oregon
Currently Offline

love it!
post Nov 18, 2014 - 8:23 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JDUB @ Nov 18, 2014 - 8:24 PM) *
love it!

Thanks! biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Nov 23, 2014 - 12:11 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Im in no way a photographer, just purchased a newer camera (first one since my digital one from 2009....) and decided to try it out. i figured i would share biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Nov 25, 2014 - 8:32 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Any ideas, its on the center of the windshield. Ive been asking around but just not much luck.

--------------------

post Nov 26, 2014 - 4:46 AM
+Quote Post
Anoroc

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 30, '12
From Wellington, NZ
Currently Offline

If I'm not mistaken, that's a Japanese registration/roadworthiness sticker.
post Nov 27, 2014 - 5:33 AM
+Quote Post
dflore23

Enthusiast

Joined May 22, '13
From Salem, OR
Currently Offline

How did you import your gt4 to the US? I would really like to know

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 5:38 AM