Looking for coilovers for my sixth gen.
post May 2, 2018 - 8:54 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

For looks or performance? Since depending on which your needs will vary. If performance is your answer good luck finding a new old stock or lightly used Tein set, as they still offer rebuilds for old sets even if discontinued. If all you care about is looks then take your pick from the Taiwanese parts bin rather it be BC Racing, Megan Racing, D2, K-sport, etc...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 4, 2018 - 6:48 AM
+Quote Post
95chameleonGT

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '17
From Hagerstown
Currently Offline

Look on eBay and buy expensive for performance, and cheap if you just want to get lower.

I went with Megan racing street coilovers, which is considered mid-grade,
and they're amazing. 32 levels of dampening and fully adjustable. I got mine set up perfectly where it's stiff for the street but still kind of soft for bumps. It drives like a go kart though. Almost no body roll at all.
post May 4, 2018 - 4:30 PM
+Quote Post
dman1136

Enthusiast

Joined Nov 27, '17
From New Hampshire
Currently Offline

Thank you guys for the info, I'm looking for something that can make the car a bit lower, not like super stancy but enough where there isn't wheel gap, but don't want the ride to be trash
post May 4, 2018 - 11:14 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

BC Racing or Fortune Auto 500. Either one with Swift springs. It's probably the route that I'll end up going with mine.... unless I decide to go ahead and bag my bucket....

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post May 5, 2018 - 12:45 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Fortune Auto came out with some for the 6th gen? Interesting, yeah besides new old stock Tein would probably go with them. If you're not wanting to lower it too much then lowering springs and new struts with mounts might be the way to go, though you're roughly around $500-600 going that route. Then again most of the Taiwanese stuff is $800-1,000 and Fortune Auto is around $1,300 for their cheapest set I think. They're all mono-tube and highly sprung, but with Fortune I think you can talk to them before ordering and change the spring rates as well as damper valving to better suit your needs. It also depends on how you set them up, and what tires you're using as well, as to how it'll ride. Air ride would probably be your best bet if ride comfort and looks are your two top concerns.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 7:47 AM