6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

60 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Richee3's Progress thread., Wilwood BBK installed.
post Jun 19, 2010 - 9:33 PM
+Quote Post
Keiri

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '04
From Charlotte, NC
Currently Offline

Dan,

That looks filthy...and the description is wondrous. Haha.

Don't let the boredom stop you - just be persistent and have some good music going as you work.

--------------------
Has no more Celicas
post Jun 20, 2010 - 1:01 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Told you guys that maintenance wasn't at the top of the list for the previous owner... At any rate, a project car just isn't a good one unless you get dirty. This car is definitely getting me dirty.

I've always got a good playlist going when I work! I can't stand working without music. This project is back on hold for a little bit, since it'll be a week before I have an entire day off to work on it again. I'll probably have some help next time, so that'll keep me motivated as well. Hopefully next time I update this thread, it'll be with pictures of an empty engine bay.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 23, 2010 - 10:18 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

any news?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jun 23, 2010 - 10:49 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Took another look at the fuse box.. It was incredibly easy. Can't believe I missed that the first time. Two plugs. All that remains now is to disconnect the shift linkage, a couple more hoses, and a the motor mounts, and that engine will be out. The exhaust cam is out and cleaned up, ready to be shipped to Crower, but the intake came is being a little more stubborn. I will hopefully be down there to pick up your engine in the next week, maybe two. I was thinking about it today and realized it would be pretty stupid of me to pull the engine out of the car, go pick up a new engine, and put it in later, so I'm going to try to be smart about this and pull my engine and drop yours in in the same day. Before I drop the new motor in, I'd like to get the batter officially relocated to the trunk. Just need to pick up some wiring and read up on that a little bit more.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 24, 2010 - 2:16 PM
+Quote Post
stephen_lee

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 22, '07
From Houston, TX
Currently Offline

go dan!

we got swaps going around the same time

--------------------
"And, as always, your friendship, help, and dedication to the advancement of Texas Celica dominance is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks bro." -DEATH

1994 GT: V6 swap, 5speed E53 W/ LSD, All Power, now RED
1995 ST: SOLD @273k miles, Auto, all power, CarPC, White
1994 ST: Totaled, 5spd, all power, Red RIP 07/09/09 @ 241,810
1994 Lexus LS400: This is my new DD
post Jun 24, 2010 - 3:15 PM
+Quote Post
Bigblock

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 14, '09
From Mid West
Currently Offline

richee3---

I see you've been bitten & you can't shake the venom---

--- because...as we all know...THERE IS NO CURE!!!... biggrin.gif

No doubt this is going to be another class Celica brought back to life!!

Best to ya!!!
post Jul 8, 2010 - 8:31 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Why have I taken the covers off of my seats? And why have I bought a bunch of 4 gauge power wire?? Could there be a real update coming soon???

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 9, 2010 - 3:11 AM
+Quote Post
Johnnyny

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 28, '09
From York pa
Currently Offline

finally sheesh.. laugh.gif
post Jul 9, 2010 - 4:57 PM
+Quote Post
Spider77

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 17, '08
From JB MDL, NJ
Currently Offline

You took off the cover so you can take out some crappy stock padding and install "memory foam" (developed by NASA you know) for a firmer, yet comforting ride?
post Jul 10, 2010 - 8:05 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

you bought leather and relocating the battery

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jul 11, 2010 - 3:32 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

^^ Close. Not leather. They're some of Vincent's seat covers. Bought them from upscaleauto. They'll be here soon and I'll be able to get the front seats finished up.

Relocating the battery is spot on though. Ran the wires yesterday while I was working on sound insulation. Got the car insulated with Frost King yesterday. I need one more roll to really finish everything up though. I didn't get to line the floor of the trunk and under the rear seats, and I'd like to do the moon roof. But while I had the interior apart, I ran the 4 gauge wire for the battery relocation. Today I finished it up, locked the battery down to keep it from going anywhere, and tomorrow I will build a custom box to go around the battery to make the trunk look tidier. Total cost of sound insulation: $47. Total cost of battery relocation: $46, but I'll need to buy some black fabric to cover my box, so call it $50.

Total cost of the project so far: $542. Up next is a radio, then it's on like Donkey Kong. Engine swap FTW. Progress will be pretty slow after I get a radio due to the cost of an engine, but there will be progress nonetheless.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 11, 2010 - 11:27 PM
+Quote Post
stephen_lee

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 22, '07
From Houston, TX
Currently Offline

win

--------------------
"And, as always, your friendship, help, and dedication to the advancement of Texas Celica dominance is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks bro." -DEATH

post Jul 12, 2010 - 12:57 AM
+Quote Post
benzo

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 23, '09
From Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

cool! thumbsup.gif
post Jul 17, 2010 - 2:05 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Here's a picture of my custom battery box. It's pretty close to the seat, as you can see, but it all fits and I can still get to my spare tire. Wires are neatly hidden between the box and the seat, and it's grounded to the seat bracket. There's a draw catch on the side of the box so the lid stays closed, and the strap hinges let me open the lid completely and have it fold flat against the box for easy access. Suggestions for anything I could/should do better are welcomed.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 17, 2010 - 2:08 PM
+Quote Post
johnnehh

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From Oakley, CA
Currently Offline

Looking good! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica GT (GT4 conversion) - SOLD :(
2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro - Daily Driver
post Jul 17, 2010 - 3:15 PM
+Quote Post
stephen_lee

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 22, '07
From Houston, TX
Currently Offline

very nice

--------------------

post Jul 17, 2010 - 7:15 PM
+Quote Post
D-Man

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 18, '08
From Houston
Currently Offline

I'm likein it!! keep it commin!!

--------------------
QUOTE (presure2 @ Nov 6, 2010 - 6:16 AM)
Via FB: fcuking awsome!!! D-man FTW!

QUOTE (DEATH @ Nov 11, 2008 - 5:40 PM) *
Damn D-Man - most impressive.

QUOTE (99GT @ Nov 14, 2008 - 4:04 PM) *
D-Man's post should be a sticky

QUOTE (samir0189 @ Nov 4, 2008 - 10:50 AM) *
LOL, oh boy, you can always count on D-Man for ridiculously hilarious posts.
post Jul 18, 2010 - 6:19 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Front seats are reupholstered- interior is nearly wrapped up. All that's left to do is a new head unit, reupholster the rear seats, small sound system, shift boot and arm rest cover. And I am in a hurry to do exactly none of that. Progress is now on hold until I get a new engine. I'd rather have it running before I get a radio.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 18, 2010 - 8:36 PM
+Quote Post
stephen_lee

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 22, '07
From Houston, TX
Currently Offline

SEXY!! do it yourself?

--------------------

post Jul 18, 2010 - 8:43 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Ah those seat covers, just did mine this weekend. Fun weren't they!? - Looks good though, my upper seat turned out about the same as yours, still 10x better than the OEM ones.

Only thing I dun like is when i jump in the car, i don't slide into place anymore, i got wiggle into it =P

Looking good overall thumbsup.gif

60 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 5:24 AM