6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 349 350 351 352 353 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Dec 2, 2019 - 1:37 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Thanks Jordan and Chris! I'll do my best to enjoy it!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 3, 2020 - 1:25 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

While the forum was down I started to get the itch to mod the Hundy. The Michelins that we’re in it were fairly worn and we hit a few weeks with a fair amount of snow so I invested in some Yokohama Geolandars. They should be able to handle any light trails I end up on but they’re rated extremely well in the snow. So far I’ve only driven in one snow storm with them but I have to say they were outperforming everyone else on the road. Everyone else was having issues getting moving from a stop or coming to a stop where I never slipped once. Of course a 5,000 lb full time 4wd Land Cruiser was bound to do better in the snow than every soccer mom’s Hyundai Tucson anyway, but these tires are a damn sight better than the factory-equipped (and probably low rolling resistance) Firestones on Brigette’s Rav4. I also installed a USA Spec BT45 to stream music and calls since the Mark Levinson head unit has climate control built into it so I really can’t replace it. The audio system sounds fine when I listen to the radio but streaming music from my phone shows how old the system is, so I’ll probably be revamping that in the near future. Beyond that, I hated the factory bronze window tint. Luckily it isn’t very dark so any other window tint hides it. I just put 20% all around except the windshield a couple of days ago. Money well spent.

Next up, doing something about the awful chrome wheels and probably cranking the OME torsion bars to level the front end. I’d like to remove the running boards too but I have to keep them on for Brigette.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jan 3, 2020 - 7:38 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Just get her a step stool.

--------------------
post Jan 4, 2020 - 12:07 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Oh yea, nailed a huge pothole with my Mazda a couple weeks ago, bubbled the tire and bent the OUTER lip of the OEM 16" Mazda wheel. Ended up getting a pair of new DWS06 tires and a wheel, rotated them to the rear till I get the other pair of tires and have 4 new ones. Wheel bearing didn't survive either, got a SKF bearing to press in next week and ordered a news snapring for $7 from Mazda, not worth it trying to save the old one when a new one is so cheap so that means the old one will come out without any hassles lol.

Lemme tell ya, I hit that crater HARD. It was on the side of the on ramp and I barely grazed the edge of it, wheel just got sucked in and slammed by it before I could react. I was kind of pissed about the wheel but whatever. I knew I needed tires anyway but the wheel money was going to be the battery I should replace sooner than later.

--------------------
post Jan 4, 2020 - 3:33 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well at least it was only down a month this time?

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 7, 2020 - 10:08 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

94' RHD GT-Four:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/d/fe...7040322782.html

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Jan 7, 2020 - 11:09 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (narly_charley @ Jan 7, 2020 - 9:08 AM) *

So close to one I’d be interested in buying...

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jan 7, 2020 - 11:47 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (narly_charley @ Jan 7, 2020 - 9:08 AM) *

nice!
sucks that they drilled the bumper tho! frown.gif

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jan 7, 2020 - 3:13 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Still waiting for a Baltic Blue to show up (and the money), although this one looks really good overall.
post Jan 7, 2020 - 6:32 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Who tf drills into a bumper and dash like that? Sick 90s mods though.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Jan 12, 2020 - 1:36 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Casey!
So I helped her dye her hair again, purple on the top and the back/under of it orange. The orange Arctic Fox bleeds out pretty fast and it's over some old purple, but it came out really nice. I just wrapped up the lighter part in foil to keep the purple dye off it and tried to keep them separate, it worked nicely. I need to figure out how to heat the hair with the dye in it without just drying it out, foil wrapped hair is hard to heat with a joe schmo hair dryer. The commercial stylist ones can do it but they're big bucks.

--------------------
post Jan 12, 2020 - 4:10 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jan 12, 2020 - 12:36 AM) *
Casey!
So I helped her dye her hair again, purple on the top and the back/under of it orange. The orange Arctic Fox bleeds out pretty fast and it's over some old purple, but it came out really nice. I just wrapped up the lighter part in foil to keep the purple dye off it and tried to keep them separate, it worked nicely. I need to figure out how to heat the hair with the dye in it without just drying it out, foil wrapped hair is hard to heat with a joe schmo hair dryer. The commercial stylist ones can do it but they're big bucks.

I use seran wrap instead of foil, holds in the moisture better. Plus it's a lot lighter when you have a lot of hair.

I should get around to dying my hair again, I think my mom found teal and purple dye meant for darker hair so would give that a try versus having to bleach the **** out of it again.

This post has been edited by Box: Jan 12, 2020 - 4:13 AM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 12, 2020 - 9:31 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jan 12, 2020 - 3:10 AM) *
Casey!

I use seran wrap instead of foil, holds in the moisture better. Plus it's a lot lighter when you have a lot of hair.

I should get around to dying my hair again, I think my mom found teal and purple dye meant for darker hair so would give that a try versus having to bleach the **** out of it again.

How do you keep the dark colors from bleeding into the light colors and darkening them with each wash? Her purple is turning her orange into red lol which is probably going to end up purple.

--------------------
post Jan 12, 2020 - 10:11 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jan 12, 2020 - 8:31 PM) *
Casey!

How do you keep the dark colors from bleeding into the light colors and darkening them with each wash? Her purple is turning her orange into red lol which is probably going to end up purple.

Sulfate free shampoo and using lukewarm water, hot water is worse for your hair. Being wet makes it swell and weaken as it is, but especially the hotter the water is.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 14, 2020 - 9:30 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jan 12, 2020 - 11:11 PM) *
Casey!

Sulfate free shampoo and using lukewarm water, hot water is worse for your hair. Being wet makes it swell and weaken as it is, but especially the hotter the water is.

Casey is about to level Erin up, if you keep asking things Jordan. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You're not careful, you might just end up single! wink.gif

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Jan 14, 2020 - 2:25 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Jan 14, 2020 - 8:30 AM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Jan 12, 2020 - 11:11 PM) *
Casey!

Casey is about to level Erin up, if you keep asking things Jordan. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You're not careful, you might just end up single! wink.gif

Maybe.

Already had sulfate free shampoo and she read the bottle about cool water but she likes her showers to be what I call lobster boil hot, she comes out as red as a boiled lobster.

--------------------
post Jan 14, 2020 - 10:58 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Haha, I try. Bring beauty to everyone!

Yeah, that'd definitely do it. If she likes hot showers then could always turn it down some for washing out hair then turn it back up.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 14, 2020 - 11:35 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jan 14, 2020 - 9:58 PM) *

Yeah, that'd definitely do it. If she likes hot showers then could always turn it down some for washing out hair then turn it back up.

Oh she knows that, she just doesn't want to do that. I'm starting to think she likes me coloring her hair as much as she likes having colored hair. She gets all the benefits with none of the work, what's not to love! laugh.gif

--------------------
post Jan 15, 2020 - 9:23 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jan 14, 2020 - 10:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Jan 14, 2020 - 9:58 PM) *

Oh she knows that, she just doesn't want to do that. I'm starting to think she likes me coloring her hair as much as she likes having colored hair. She gets all the benefits with none of the work, what's not to love! laugh.gif

That just means she likes you and wants to spend more time with you. Though I like my hair too much to go about it that way, I'd figure something else out. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 16, 2020 - 8:15 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jan 15, 2020 - 9:23 PM) *
That just means she likes you and wants to spend more time with you. Though I like my hair too much to go about it that way, I'd figure something else out. laugh.gif

If you knew Jordan IRL, you'd realize how false your first statement is.

I'm pretty sure Erin is just in it for the money. tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
~bloodMoney

400 Pages V  « < 349 350 351 352 353 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 1:45 PM