post Nov 21, 2018 - 11:32 PM
+Quote Post
deezocakes

Enthusiast

Joined Nov 21, '18
From California
Currently Offline

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker here (it's been so long I had to create a new account 'cause I can't remember my username or email smile.gif ). Been in love with the 6GC since middle school; used to come on here daily throughout high school and have long dreamed about owning a GT4 (I live in the U.S. btw frown.gif ). Now that I'm older and have some extra cash to throw around, and with the first of the GT4s turning 25 years old, I started to look into possibly importing one. UNFORTUNATELY, I live in California and it seems nearly impossible to legally get one on the road despite the 25 year federal import law.

Anyways, I came across this GT4 and thought I would share (especially for those in the US):
http://zenautoworks.ca/index.php?option=co...tail&id=139

It's a 1994 Toyota Celica ST205 WRC Homologation edition with roughly 68K miles.
Only 2,500 of the WRC Homologation editions were made (produced to allow Toyota to enter it as a Group A car in the World Rally Championship). Looks extremely clean and well taken care of. Appears to be mostly original except for the steering wheel. While I'm not a huge fan of the 3 spoke wheels, I love that they are still on it!

The GT4 is currently at Zen Autoworks (Calgary AB Canada), who imported it from Brave Auto Int'l (Japan). If you watch the first video link below, you will hear that Brave Auto had purchased many Japan GT4s years ago and kept them in storage. Zen imported most of them to Canada when the GT4s turned 15 years.

I reached out to Sean from Zen Autoworks who informed me the cost would be $15,500 USD. The car turns 25 in February 2019, so they can store it until then and transport it to the US.

Anyways, check out the gallery and videos!

Photo Gallery:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1wkARhZzEzvfCSdr9

Walk-around/test drive video from exporter Brave Auto Int'l (Japan):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV8v1tIuO6E

Walk-around video from Zen Autoworks (Calgary AB Canada):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqJuOodl8A0

This post has been edited by deezocakes: Nov 22, 2018 - 2:37 AM
post Nov 22, 2018 - 2:31 AM
+Quote Post
The_enD

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 12, '13
From Bulgaria
Currently Offline

Congrats, car looks extremely nice.

--------------------
FS thread : Custom Celica parts made to order + more

Click the image to visit my FB page

post Nov 22, 2018 - 2:35 AM
+Quote Post
deezocakes

Enthusiast

Joined Nov 21, '18
From California
Currently Offline

QUOTE (The_enD @ Nov 22, 2018 - 2:31 AM) *
Congrats, car looks extremely nice.

I should clarify, I'm not buying it lol. Just wanted to share in case anyone else wanted to!
post Nov 22, 2018 - 5:29 PM
+Quote Post
slavie

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '15
From NY
Currently Offline

I wonder what they're asking for it. Could not find the asking price listed on the website, of course, which is never a good sign.
post Nov 22, 2018 - 5:46 PM
+Quote Post
deezocakes

Enthusiast

Joined Nov 21, '18
From California
Currently Offline

QUOTE (slavie @ Nov 22, 2018 - 5:29 PM) *
I wonder what they're asking for it. Could not find the asking price listed on the website, of course, which is never a good sign.

$15,500 (see original post). I was wondering why it wasn't listed on their website either. Maybe to gauge interest? Iono
post Nov 29, 2018 - 2:28 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

ughh expensive!!

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Nov 30, 2018 - 1:45 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

That is cheap. Compared to one I saw at same price and was rusted, and another one in unk condition

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 19th, 2024 - 6:06 AM