6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Why I chose to Swap a 2GR over any other engine in my car...., Please read, this is good info.
post Sep 4, 2019 - 3:32 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

I have been getting a lot a private messages recently regarding this swap. The real answer to this question was, I was stupid and naive back then.

I thought that could do anything that I wanted, and if the MR2 guys were doing it, so could I. And I was right. I did it....

I cannot tell you what to do, I cannot advice you what to do. Your car, you money, your swap.

However how old of an engine do you want in your car? 20 year old technology, or 10 year old tech. Do you want to fiddle with boost and or rotating parts. Or have a lasting engine, that does not require any service than oil change. Its a question only you can answer.

I could have done many swaps, I used 2GR, because I wanted something reliable. Parts available in the USA, and newer motor, something that if an engine broke, I could find anything readily cheap on Ebay.

I did the swap in a way that was reproducible easy, with the least amount of modifications.

-I have power steering
-I have A/c capabilities

Yes, I did the whole thing myself in my car. I really dont have a clue what the other white celica guy did to his swap. Except he used a six speed transmission. His information is non existent.

A few questions to answer:

1. How low do you want your oil pan to be? I did not raise the engine, I did not Lower the engine. I left it at the level that the E153 transmission sits. I rather have my oil pan sit high, and not have to modify the cross member at all, Plus im using a high capacity oil pain that is bigger.

2. What mount did I use? The Rav4 Engine mount made it easier to install.. (with a custom bracket)

3. What pump did I use? Still using the celica fuel pump with no problem.

4. Are you going to supercharge it? I can barely close the hood, a supercharger wont fit....

If you look at my swap thread, I went the easiest way to replicate the swap, anything else would be more difficult, with this swap.

1. Cut a notch in the frame
2. Use and adapter to raise the Rav4 mount
3. Modify the Rav4 mount
4. Modify the steering rack brackets.
5. Custom power steering hose
6. Hood raise blocks...

these steps are nothing complicated, and easy to make, compared to a custom cross member, and custom transmission mounts, and a lower oil pain....

Transmission?

E153. For manual.

For auto, use the transmission that is for the ECU you already have, and custom axles. (dont know which to use)

Not trying to write up a swap, but if you are ever tempted to ask questions about the 2Gr read this first.

I AM NOT SELLING THIS SWAP, TRYING TO CONVINCE THIS OVER OTHER SWAPS. I JUST COULD CARE LESS ABOUT OTHER ENGINES. BUT THATS MY OPINION, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY.

If you want to do the swap I may help, but case by case basis. LOL, I dont charge and I have a life.

FAQ (section)

1. The 3sgte engine produces a lot of more power---------------------------> Dont care
2. The Beams engine is easier to swap---------------------------> Dont care
3. Other V6 are cheaper---------------------------> Dont care
4. The bubble era in Japan---------------------------> Dont care
5. Too expensive--------------------------------------------> Dont care
6. The 3sgte engine produces a lot of more power---------------------------> Dont care
7. My Car, my money, my swap.---------------------------------------------------------------> Exactly.

8. E = mc2 Explained ---------------------------------------> Still not caring.

Enjoy,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLZndD_hefQ

The car was not built for show, it was built for my driving pleasure. Want to test drive it? Good luck the chance came and went by! Ask Cheela.......

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 1:26 AM