> Got over my 7g GTS, thinking of going back to 6GC
post Nov 29, 2017 - 3:25 PM
+Quote Post
slavie

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '15
From NY
Currently Offline

So, I think I'm over my 7th gen GTS. I mean, the car is light and changes direction very well. The 2ZZ is pure joy... once you've climbed past 4k, though even at street speeds it still has plenty of power to zip around.
The TRD Action Package rear bumper and spoiler look fantastic in my eyes.

BUT
INTERIOR: it is HORRIBLE. I mean, it was supposed to be cheaper, and cheaper it turned out. Hard plastic everywhere. Can't rest either elbow (the moron that made the cover in b/w seats out of hard plastic should be shot), and the door sill is way too high (blame crash requirements) and hard plastic anyway.
SEATS: the leather seats feel like they were made of the cheapest leather available, which they probably were. They wear well (hardly at all), but the way they feel, they might as well be made out of vinyl - why all the craze about swapping 7th gen seats into 6gc?
SHIFTER: the shifter sucks. The shift gates are just too damn close to each other. I routinely go from 2nd to 5th, and I've been driving stick for years on road and track, so I'm inclined to blame the car.

Over the weekend, I visited my 99 GT w/ 3SGTE that's sitting in storage: the interior is 2 levels above 7GC's. Soft or softer materials anywhere you touch. The leather in the seats is much softer (even though they all crack kindasad.gif) and more pliable, so the seat just grabs your butt better. Better climate controls (vs cheaper mechanical linkages in 7GC). The whole "cockpit" just looks more sophisticated. No issues with shifter.
Then I revved that 3SGT to some 7k rpm, and damn that thing sounds GOOD. (granted, no exhaust on it at the moment, just the header).

Sooooo.
I think I'll take my GT4 front end off the sale, sell my 7th Gen, and build myself a rather unique looking 6GC - a car that actually has some connection to motorsport. If I could only find a TRD spoiler for it, that would make the back end look as good as that of 7GC and totally complete the package.

Whatcha all think?

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 18th, 2024 - 11:28 PM