6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 355 356 357 358 359 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Mar 8, 2020 - 3:50 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I laughed far too much at this stupidity.
https://youtu.be/0AhmmzOVGU8

--------------------
post Mar 8, 2020 - 6:03 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 8, 2020 - 3:50 PM) *

I don't even. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 8, 2020 - 8:18 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Mar 8, 2020 - 6:03 PM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 8, 2020 - 3:50 PM) *

I don't even. laugh.gif

I started watching the rest of them, these are comedy gold! laugh.gif

--------------------
post Mar 9, 2020 - 5:10 PM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Today I learned there's a music genre called funk metal.

Bloodhound Gang is Funk Metal.

Let me off this crazy merry-go-round called life.

also, I threw some pics in the selfie thread if you all wanna follow my, uh, escapades.
post Mar 10, 2020 - 2:26 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

We had good weather over the weekend so I took the time to wash four out of five of the cars. I forgot that the Lexus is actually in pretty decent condition but I need to try to clean years worth of brake dust off of the wheels. The finish is done for, of course. After a quick wash I think the Miata will actually clean up pretty well with a full detail and polish in a few weeks. I didn’t bother pulling the Supra out of the garage to clean it but I did have to work on it a little... long story but these crappy home contractors will definitely be paying to repaint the front bumper. I’m definitely missing some clear coat in one spot. The paint isn’t perfect on the front bumper, far from it, but the paint is only original once. Crap like this is why I keep considering selling it.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Mar 10, 2020 - 3:06 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Mar 10, 2020 - 2:26 PM) *
We had good weather over the weekend so I took the time to wash four out of five of the cars. I forgot that the Lexus is actually in pretty decent condition but I need to try to clean years worth of brake dust off of the wheels. The finish is done for, of course. After a quick wash I think the Miata will actually clean up pretty well with a full detail and polish in a few weeks. I didn’t bother pulling the Supra out of the garage to clean it but I did have to work on it a little... long story but these crappy home contractors will definitely be paying to repaint the front bumper. I’m definitely missing some clear coat in one spot. The paint isn’t perfect on the front bumper, far from it, but the paint is only original once. Crap like this is why I keep considering selling it.

gahh!!!! things like this is why you shoulda stayed in the midwest and not move to Colorado. tongue.gif that seriously sucks... make'm pay.

Yesterday, allllllll the snow finally melted but it only melted because of rain but regardless I still wanted to go out and do car stuff so I pulled Freelica out of hibernation. It was stuck in snow for a few days and as I backed it up it caught the corner of my trailer so that was fun. frown.gif but I'm gonna be cleaning her up as much as I can and get it ready to sell. Gotta make room for more fun stuff.

Also took off some last few bits from the blue turd parts car. Only thing left is whatever wiring and pipings I might want and the dash.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Mar 19, 2020 - 7:56 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Everybody doing alright?

--------------------
post Mar 19, 2020 - 8:02 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 19, 2020 - 8:56 AM) *
Everybody doing alright?

I have the luxury of being able to work 100% from home, just like I do in the office. It's REALLY nice not having to drive an hour round trip every day, put gas in my tank, and put wear and tear on my soon to be 20 year old vehicles.

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Mar 19, 2020 - 8:05 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Sadly I can't work from home. Traffic has been a bit better though.

--------------------
post Mar 19, 2020 - 8:25 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 19, 2020 - 8:05 AM) *

How's work been? My dad's a tech in Valparaiso (Valpo), Indiana and he said it's been really slow and was pretty slow even before the virus started to spread into the US. I was talking to him last night and he and his other coworkers agreed to each take a day off a week. I asked him if he knew why and he said he doesn't know - other than people just not having their vehicles worked on. He also mentioned that it's been a pretty mild winter, so that doesn't help bring vehicles in with issues. Some of the local stealerships in town only have one or two techs working too, as it's slow for them too. He works in a pretty high end shop too - weird.

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Mar 19, 2020 - 1:18 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Online

I can deal with this virus... My commute times have been cut in half!!!!!!
post Mar 19, 2020 - 7:12 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (narly_charley @ Mar 19, 2020 - 8:25 AM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 19, 2020 - 8:05 AM) *

How's work been? My dad's a tech in Valparaiso (Valpo), Indiana and he said it's been really slow and was pretty slow even before the virus started to spread into the US. I was talking to him last night and he and his other coworkers agreed to each take a day off a week. I asked him if he knew why and he said he doesn't know - other than people just not having their vehicles worked on. He also mentioned that it's been a pretty mild winter, so that doesn't help bring vehicles in with issues. Some of the local stealerships in town only have one or two techs working too, as it's slow for them too. He works in a pretty high end shop too - weird.

We are super slow, gives some time to catch up on some of the moldy oldy project cars we've had sitting since before winter but otherwise it's not great. I think we'll be taking some long weekends if things stay slow.

--------------------
post Mar 19, 2020 - 7:17 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Mar 19, 2020 - 1:18 PM) *
I can deal with this virus... My commute times have been cut in half!!!!!!

--------------------
post Mar 19, 2020 - 8:35 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Online

Truf
post Mar 19, 2020 - 10:05 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

My commute has been the same, if not worse... mad.gif

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Mar 20, 2020 - 4:40 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 19, 2020 - 7:56 AM) *
Everybody doing alright?

I've been off since my brother got back from Georgia last week, but it's probably fibro. Maybe... Of course this nonsense puts a kink in getting anything done...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 20, 2020 - 8:07 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Mar 20, 2020 - 4:40 AM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 19, 2020 - 7:56 AM) *
Everybody doing alright?

I've been off since my brother got back from Georgia last week, but it's probably fibro. Maybe... Of course this nonsense puts a kink in getting anything done...

In my opinion all this stress takes the kink right out! Oh no not that kind of kink. laugh.gif
Thankfully for people like you and me this social distancing thing is just like...oh good a more legitimate excuse than 'I'm busy studying the effects of climate change on wine production during the franco-prussian war' or 'I'm busy playing fetch with my house plant'. Now if I don't want to be around people I can just cough! Although you might actually want to be around people more now that you're feeling more yourself than you've ever felt before. This whole C19 thing really sucks, as much as I enjoy a good apocalypse I was secretly hoping I'd be a lot older when it happened...and that it would be a nuclear one so I could see a fission or fusion bomb go off for myself.

--------------------
post Mar 21, 2020 - 4:49 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I do want to get out more now... So yeah not only that, but also selling everything that needs sold to get car and music etc... sorted out. Finish getting life on track and all that jazz.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 28, 2020 - 9:41 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Aye, gon be 60 today. I think Imma go for a...
Scattered thunderstorms this morning, then strong thunderstorms likely during the afternoon hours. Damaging winds, large hail and possibly a tornado with some storms. High 64F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
...go for a shelter in the basement.

--------------------
post Mar 28, 2020 - 5:21 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

And? The news said it would be bad for your area.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE

400 Pages V  « < 355 356 357 358 359 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 9:52 AM