post Aug 23, 2022 - 4:44 PM
+Quote Post
jjbenzo

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 29, '02
From Florida
Currently Offline

Hello,

I purchased a set of Stagg front and rear struts/shocks for my 98 Celica only to be told by my dealer that the front shocks are wrong for the car and that the cartridge can not simply be exchanged as the oem units are welded together.

When looking at various 6th gen years and trim levels, they all show the same slim front shock, part: 663299. Our Celicas need the round donut (strut assembly) in the middle for the spring to sit on.

Have any of you come across the same issue and found out which is the correct part number for Stagg front shocks/struts on a 94-99 Celica GT that is not simply just the cartridge, but is the whole assembly?

I want the original “sport” suspension ride and handling and feel as if all of the other aftermarket brands out there only sell the non-sport equivalent.

Thank you!

This post has been edited by jjbenzo: Aug 23, 2022 - 5:09 PM

--------------------
1998 Toyota Celica GT Liftback-Black on black/ivory-Bought new, sold in 2010, rebought in 2021
1999 Toyota Celica GT Liftback-Renaissance red on black
post Aug 24, 2022 - 5:24 PM
+Quote Post
slavie

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '15
From NY
Currently Offline

Some earlier 6GCs came with shocks that had a bolt in shock insert. KYB sells replacement inserts.
Aftermarket shocks were all welded.
Some inserts, such as Koni's, required cutting and drilling stock cartridge to install.
Not familiar with Stagg, but you may want to reach out to them for installation instructions. Or, at lease post a picture here or something. Your description is not very good.
post Aug 26, 2022 - 8:39 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Stagg aren't even worth installing, you might as well just buy no brand stuff off eBay or straight from China through AliExpress. They're really cheap for a reason and it's not because they're quality parts.

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:48 PM