6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to clean your Evap core for the summer without having to take out, get rid of nasty fish odor bacterial smell when ac is on...
post Feb 13, 2011 - 9:59 PM
+Quote Post
chacha

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 29, '05
From So-Cal
Currently Offline

There is a kit at toyota, but it cost $50-up and i find it that this product i used was cheaper and does the same thing. nice tune up for the summer. This will kill bacteria, mold...etc and act like a de-greaser to get rid of dirt and other nasty things in there.

Go to Lowe's to find this cleaner...other hardware store might have it, but it is expensive there...online it cost $50...or more...at Lowe's ----> $5-7 after tax.

Frost king ac foaming cleaner

Materials used:

1.) frost king air conditioner coil cleaner *19 oz. aerosol foaming type (lemon smells like)
[/b]

2.) Screw driver (4-sided)
3.) napkins for wiping

THAT's all.

First open your glove department. Two screw on the bottom and three on top...pull it down and take off necessary clips...i would disconnect the battery since there is an airbag wiring located on the top of the glove department.

look at the bottom to find the blower resistor like this with two 4-sided screws:

Unscrew it off...

then simply spray in it with the cleaner....it'll foam up and let it sit for 5-10 mins....i practically spray the whole can...

go back and put it in....screw the two screws back in place...plug in the battery and turn on your car....

Dry the evaporator for 30 minutes with
the following settings:

AC: . . . . . . . . . . . Off
Air Outlet: . . . . . Foot
Mode: . . . . . . . . . Recirc.
Blower: . . . . . . . High
Temp: . . . . . . . . . Max Warm
Windows: . . . . . Closed

Open windows for ventilation if cleaner has strong smell.

Do not turn on
the AC switch
until the evaporator is
completely dry as this can reduce the
effectiveness of the solution.

Put glove department back on and you are done....recommend to clean every 2 years, but i say just do it every time you have a funky smell...it's a 1/2 hour job and it cost $5-7 for cleaner air since we don't have any cabinet filters to help out....

Repeat the process with another can or if you have some left to get a cleaner core if needed.

This post has been edited by chacha: Feb 14, 2011 - 12:38 AM

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:51 PM