> 1999 Celica GT with VVT-I Inside, new video up 8/6/22
post May 1, 2011 - 6:15 AM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

The SS-II used 205/50R16 and the SS-III used 215/50R16 factory fitment (or equiv rolling diameter)

So whichever car your gearbox speed sender came from (either the SS-II beams clip from the original swap or the SS-III LSD transmission swap) your speedo will be over-reading what you're actually doing either a little bit or alot. If you are using the speedo sender from the original USDM car and are running the same rolling diameter then it will be closer to accurate.

However with your current tyre size I have a feeling you will be going about ~3mph slower than reported per 60mph.

--------------------
Mike W
1996 Toyota Celica ST205 GT-FOUR
GT2860RS turbine, TiAL mvr44, JE 86.5φ piston, Clutchmasters FX400, APEX P-FC
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post May 1, 2011 - 3:47 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

the gt that I know own used to be a automatic transmission. I'm pretty sure that all beams came with the 5 spoke white 15x7 rims whether it was SS-II or SS-III. The transmission I currently have which has a MR-S Helical LSD inside is from a USDM S54. The transmission that the beams came with and the current s54 helical lsd that i have on my car right now should have the same speed sensor. I don't ever remember seeing any beams SS-III fitted with the 6 spoke 16 inch wheels.

ahaha I think I figured it out!!! hehe thanks to another beams member. check out this link, its from last section down from november 2005 and down

http://billzilla.org/AE863SGE.htm

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: May 1, 2011 - 8:12 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 5, 2011 - 7:51 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

exhaust pics! it sounds alright I have a 18 inch glass pack resonator. Its more performance than sound; But I'll have the exhaust system I want by the end of this year.

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Feb 6, 2013 - 2:59 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 8, 2011 - 5:00 AM
+Quote Post
TRD-Corolla

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 15, '08
Currently Offline

the straw technique might work for you, but i wonder how much it's restricting airflow. Try cleaning your MAF, IAC, throttle body/valve, make sure everything is plugged in/no vacuum leak. OR re-positioning of the MAF sensor. I think I missed it but all this happened after installing an after-market intake system with a cone filter?
post May 8, 2011 - 6:41 PM
+Quote Post
Tony-B

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '08
From Monaghan, Eire
Currently Offline

80 MPH in 5th gear should just be around 4500rpm, maybe less i think. I haven't been on a motorway in a while.

The dreaded MAF!!!

I hope you get this sorted, torque in the beams is grand i find. Not turbo like or anything but 5th gear overtaking feels nice biggrin.gif

T
post May 8, 2011 - 8:03 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (TRD-Corolla @ May 8, 2011 - 5:00 AM) *
the straw technique might work for you, but i wonder how much it's restricting airflow. Try cleaning your MAF, IAC, throttle body/valve, make sure everything is plugged in/no vacuum leak. OR re-positioning of the MAF sensor. I think I missed it but all this happened after installing an after-market intake system with a cone filter?

that pipe was mine and mine was running fine, the ecu might need a reset.

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post May 9, 2011 - 3:36 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (TRD-Corolla @ May 8, 2011 - 5:00 AM) *

I'll check all the vacuum lines. Today after getting an aligned, it is getting closer and closer to dieing. The car's idle drops to about 500rpm and its getting worse and worse by the day. I'm cleaning that thing next and that could be my solution to my sluggish pedal feel?? In first gear it pulls nicely and my dirty Idle Speed/air Control Valve could also be the reason as to why my rpm gauge is off??? At 116 mph on the speedo, the speed cut limiter cuts off fuel to the engine. All JDM motors cut off at 111mph so I know my speedometer is off! Another thing is that at 105 mph my rpm are at 5,600rpm or something like that, I'll have to get video. RPM are a bit high wouldn't you say??? I know that 4th gear goes to 118mph, but I had to shift into 5th gear before Or else I wouldn't have been able to hit 111mph speed cut limiter in 4th gear. I'm using a usdm s54 speed sensor. maybe I need a new one or just calibrate my speedometer??

I did already reset the ecu and its running much better. On another Note I put in 4 gallons of 100 octane and about 9 gallons of 91 octane. that gave me a mixed octane rating of about/near 94 octane = 100 ron.

Yes Tony-B, torque should be pretty good but I'm finding lag in the throttle. how the hell do you adjust the throttle cable to make it tighter??? I was only able to adjust the cable so that it controls how high my idle is when I have the car in neutral. thanks guys for taking such interest in my thread I appreciate it. I thought my thread was just another thread. Jeez i love 6gc member biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tony-B @ May 8, 2011 - 6:41 PM) *
80 MPH in 5th gear should just be around 4500rpm, maybe less i think. I haven't been on a motorway in a while.

The dreaded MAF!!!

I hope you get this sorted, torque in the beams is grand i find. Not turbo like or anything but 5th gear overtaking feels nice biggrin.gif

T

can you get some video you cruising at 80mph in 5th gear and you topping out 3rd gear please!! Since you have all stock/factory installed engine. Mine was done by some tuning shop.

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 9, 2011 - 3:57 AM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

My speed limiter on both SS-III and GT4 cars was 200kph

Google tells us thats 200 kph = 124.274238 mph

--------------------
Mike W
1996 Toyota Celica ST205 GT-FOUR
GT2860RS turbine, TiAL mvr44, JE 86.5φ piston, Clutchmasters FX400, APEX P-FC
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post May 17, 2011 - 2:56 PM
+Quote Post
Tony-B

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '08
From Monaghan, Eire
Currently Offline

Was just on a motorway there on Sunday.

Motorway speed limit is 120Kph, Beams does this in 5th gear at 3,600rpm. To do third gear top outs on most of the roads around me would be suicide, plus, my wife is a fox I dont want to die. The next time i'm on a decent/flat/straight/uncambered road i'll see what i can do.

The throttle cable is tightened the same way you tightened your brakes on your BMX fado fado, I think.

Your exhaust looks like it could be strangling your engine maybe??

T
post May 17, 2011 - 6:45 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Ya dont forget deluzionz that mine came off an SS-II celica. But ya when i was trying to top out the car i only got to 190km/h on my
Speedometer, which seems quite off dont u think. That is when my fuel cut was turned on. I shud gps my speed next time.

How does my beams cluster read the rpm signal from the engine?

Naw tony b ive got a new 57mm full exhaust system now! So thats def not the problem. If i dont get my stock intake box back
Then im borrowing my friends aem wideband to monitor my air/ fuel ratios

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Oct 6, 2013 - 1:20 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 18, 2011 - 2:01 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

the higher the speed, the less accurate the speedometer becomes.

--------------------
post May 18, 2011 - 2:20 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Rusty @ May 18, 2011 - 3:01 AM) *
the higher the speed, the less accurate the speedometer becomes.

yes I know but it being off about 8mph when I'm only going about 100 mph seems way off. Even my stock st wasn't off by that much. oh well it doesn't concern me that much but how do I know that my rpm gauge is correct??

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 31, 2011 - 3:32 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

update : swapped out the trunk from previous celica and put on my two post spoiler with replica riser blocks. Is it me or does the spoiler/gt4 make it look super huge. I agree that it flows well with the trd splitters. Even if I were to cut down the riser blocks a few inches I wouldn't be able to see thru my rear view mirror !!! frown.gif

And please tell me what you guys think, my 16 inch rims look quite small don't they. the rims looked better on my previous celica that had no sideskirts or splitters, but with my current GT-4 setup it just makes the 16 inch rims look small right??

how do you like my primered fender huh ha, one can of paint isn't enough, I ran out of paint kindasad.gif

oh and a broken/scratched tail light that came with the car when I bought it mad.gif

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: May 31, 2011 - 3:41 AM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 31, 2011 - 11:51 AM
+Quote Post
mak5603

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 20, '08
From Seattle, WA
Currently Offline

Psh, you can still see out the window, just the tops a little cut off, all you gotta do Is duck your head a little haha laugh.gif.

I agree with what you are saying about the wheels, 17's would look nice.

This post has been edited by mak5603: May 31, 2011 - 11:51 AM

--------------------
2006 BMW 330i - 6 Speed - Dinan Stage 1
2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE
post May 31, 2011 - 12:25 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

noo I mean I want to cut down my riser blocks down to a smaller size like this in the future after I repaint the car :

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 31, 2011 - 12:54 PM
+Quote Post
Celicaswift

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 7, '10
From Netherlands
Currently Offline

This is a friend of mine from the Netherlands.
These blocks are custom made​​. I think this is slightly better.
post May 31, 2011 - 1:08 PM
+Quote Post
Tony-B

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '08
From Monaghan, Eire
Currently Offline

I think the wheels look ok, it's just the arch gap throwing you off. A wee bit of drop and a wee bit of spacering and you'll be grand

T
post May 31, 2011 - 1:09 PM
+Quote Post
mak5603

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 20, '08
From Seattle, WA
Currently Offline

Oh, I gotcha. Yeah that would look sweet but for sure block some vision, haha.

--------------------
2006 BMW 330i - 6 Speed - Dinan Stage 1
2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE
post May 31, 2011 - 1:48 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tony-B @ May 31, 2011 - 2:08 PM) *
I think the wheels look ok, it's just the arch gap throwing you off. A wee bit of drop and a wee bit of spacering and you'll be grand

T

ya but I won't be able to lower the car anymore unless I get some coilovers. I'd rather get polyurethane bushings and sway bar links before that. And buying some larger spacers would cost more money. I currently have 10mm spacers. So i'm at +32 offset, for some reason my rear end on my previous st celica was lower in the rear with the same exact suspension set up???? rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: May 31, 2011 - 1:48 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 31, 2011 - 2:07 PM
+Quote Post
HectortheRican

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 26, '09
From Albuquerque, NM
Currently Offline

Another option is the Eurou style blocks

http://www.kamikaze.com.hk/product.php?id_product=76

This post has been edited by HectortheRican: May 31, 2011 - 2:07 PM

--------------------
taking too long to mod since '09
June '12 COTM
'95 AT200

19 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 8:10 PM