> wide bodykit, as it says wide bodykit
post Jun 4, 2011 - 10:05 PM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Seriously? 1: there are 2 pictures, the second one showing the radiator touching the engine and the strut tower being bent. And i was being rude because he started off saying i had no idea what i was talking about. This was between me and death and it has been resolved, your input is not needed.
post Jun 4, 2011 - 10:37 PM
+Quote Post
NGHTKD

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '06
Currently Offline

Everyone sssshhhh, get on with the thread god damnit!

Death keep up the good work. Although it's not my style of doing things, I appreciate it because it's different and innovative. Interesting to watch.
post Jun 5, 2011 - 4:40 AM
+Quote Post
yellowchinaman

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 11, '08
From London
Currently Offline

Though it's not the best looking attempt, it's not exactly the wrong way to do it.
You can pretty much do it what ever way you want and if it's for a personal one off production which in the end works and looks good then good on you.
But if it's going to be a product which is to be sold or reproduced then a lot of refining will have to be done such as making it fit perfectly and interchangeable with the original fixings of the car.
In other words you'll probably have to make a mould off it and make 1 piece pieces like I said before.
There's nothing wrong with using FRP and fillers, it's not going to fall apart at 60mph. Looking at most custom production cars, they're just a rolling cage with a FRP 1 piece external shell kinda like a remote control car.
I wouldn't say riveting brackets and panel welding is a good way but it is a way of doing it.
A Friend of mine who does welding would look for an arch off another car and transplant it.
Take a look at this. It was a golf with BMW flared arches transplanted. Just cut out and spot weld on.
http://www.ramscustoms.com/vw_golf_mk3.html#
With weld on, the down side is that it's still heavy but looks original. Also in time it does rust out from the underside quicker than normal even if it's sealed.

Then you have the option of newer techniques such as using expanding foam which we've seen before. Most concept show cars are done that way.

I've even made things out of card and masking tape then fibre glassed and refined before making moulds and then produced.

I'll say keep up the work and lets see the results first after all it's still in the making.

post Jun 5, 2011 - 5:06 AM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SupraKid @ Jun 3, 2011 - 9:37 AM) *
If your pulling the METAL on the fenders out 2" then why do you have the god awful flares on there? My "info" comes from the pictures you posted of a stock body celica with fender flares taped on... Or are these flares just a mold for fiberglass?Again in which case its not a real "widebody.

THIS is how a real widebody is built:

Notice the lack of masking tape and fiberglass.

does he cut out the original body metal underneath that damn skeleton?

--------------------
Mike W
1996 Toyota Celica ST205 GT-FOUR
GT2860RS turbine, TiAL mvr44, JE 86.5φ piston, Clutchmasters FX400, APEX P-FC
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post Jun 5, 2011 - 5:25 AM
+Quote Post
deathdoakill

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 19, '05
From San Antonio
Currently Offline

Yeah i prefer mdf or expandable foam wich usually is pretty easy an cheap to work with. Ive done the card and masking as well an those are all good methods.
post Jun 5, 2011 - 12:05 PM
+Quote Post
easternpiro1

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 1, '05
From Charlotte NC
Currently Offline

QUOTE (deathdoakill @ Jun 3, 2011 - 5:44 PM) *
Hey nick look wut stumbled acrss a couple days ago at a junk yard i just found my dohner car i picked it up for 380 not to shabby lol

Was in a roll over but most everything is in tact engine wise an rear has almost no damage to it

ok that does it... anybody getting Deja vu sorta?

Since nobody else will say it... I WILL.

http://youtu.be/xKXZT70gwNg

im sorry death... i HAD TO... COULDNT RESIST! but good luck with the build! update OFTEN OR BAN! biggrin.gif

--------------------

QUOTE (Galcobar @ Oct 15, 2008 - 2:44 AM) *
You want power but have no money. That's a problem.

Cheap. Reliable. Fast. Pick two.
post Jun 5, 2011 - 1:02 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

Not saying a word about the widebody but damn... I'll drive to San Antonio ad buy that Supra shell from you for $1,000 laugh.gif

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 5, 2011 - 1:33 PM
+Quote Post
Zake

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 7, '10
From Ft. Lauderdale
Currently Offline

QUOTE (easternpiro1 @ Jun 5, 2011 - 12:05 PM) *
ok that does it... anybody getting Deja vu sorta?

Since nobody else will say it... I WILL.

http://youtu.be/xKXZT70gwNg

im sorry death... i HAD TO... COULDNT RESIST! but good luck with the build! update OFTEN OR BAN! biggrin.gif

that was the first thing that popped into my head too laugh.gif

--------------------

Never Forget. - 2013 Mustang. I miss you every day.
post Jun 5, 2011 - 6:46 PM
+Quote Post
deathdoakill

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 19, '05
From San Antonio
Currently Offline

Lol thats funny. Weelll im not liking this and im thinking i may have to start from scratch. not sure yet i salvaged an cut wut was usable out and pieced stuff together using rivets. If i can get a rough even shape on both sides i may remold them an copy again but im not sure looks like i may start over ill know in a couple days. If it comes out decent ill post more pics but this is wut i got so far most of the fiberglass was cracked all the through on one side.

This post has been edited by deathdoakill: Jun 5, 2011 - 7:16 PM
post Jun 5, 2011 - 7:27 PM
+Quote Post
deathdoakill

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 19, '05
From San Antonio
Currently Offline

post Jun 6, 2011 - 12:18 AM
+Quote Post
malpaso

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '06
From Czech Republic (Europe)
Currently Offline

personaly I like wide body idea... so let's wait for results. Anyway. I'm sure at leat hlaf will say it is good and half it is ugly. Just check already existing + my PERSONAL opinion:

only one for sale as kit - ugly IMO (design of bumper is weird) http://www.redsmodifiedmotors.com/NewStuff.html

rest hand made job... great pieces. Mostly from Celica club Thailand. Those people are unbeliveable workes...:

--------------------
No more replicas... This is evolution... This is SS-four :)

________[Featured Celica of 6gc.net @ 2010]_________
post Jun 6, 2011 - 6:17 AM
+Quote Post
smoog83

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 1, '11
From uk
Currently Offline

omg i luv these wide celicas ,i had quick look on thailand forum ,their celicas look immaculate ! good luck with da job deathdoakill wink.gif

This post has been edited by smoog83: Jun 6, 2011 - 6:26 AM
post Jun 6, 2011 - 2:26 PM
+Quote Post
jimmykay

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 14, '08
From St. Louis
Currently Offline

In all fairness, it is pretty difficult to read through all of the broken English with random words missing in important places.

but with that said, Good luck. I'd really like to see this finished so that it doesn't just look like its just a cheap set of bolt on fender flares.

--------------------
'99 Celica GT - Sold
'11 Mazdaspeed3
post Jun 6, 2011 - 3:34 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

The grey widebody looks teh best IMO, very subtle.
But the red/orange looking one has nice rears, Would look sick with some wieder wheels/better offset.

--------------------
-Protection mode, For when your amp tries to blow its load.

1995 Toyota Celica GTS - Daily Driver
1999 Chevy Cavalier - Winter Beater
1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback - Dead

My Celica!
post Jun 7, 2011 - 3:38 AM
+Quote Post
deathdoakill

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 19, '05
From San Antonio
Currently Offline

In my defense its mostly my phone. i type out full sentences and it changes them or deletes half of what i typedwhen i send. Earlier i typed ok thank you be home in a bit and it changed it to no wtf lol. sorry guys but im trying to get my computer back up and hve been updating from my cell. So yeah
post Jun 7, 2011 - 5:19 PM
+Quote Post
chacha

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 29, '05
From So-Cal
Currently Offline

more power to you D, if you got the motive and initiative, by all means. if you can make the car wide and a simple creation...that'll do.
post Jun 8, 2011 - 4:49 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

dang that yellow widebody celica is awesome

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jun 11, 2011 - 7:52 PM
+Quote Post
ZEROCOOL

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 22, '07
From norcal bay area
Currently Offline

i wanna go to thailand......how can we order it???

--------------------
of all da things i lost.... i miss my mind da most
post Jun 12, 2011 - 2:41 AM
+Quote Post
SoundSlut_dotcom

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 16, '03
Currently Offline

ive never seen those celicas before and they are by far some of the sickest 6gcs ive ever seen!!! keep up the work man, its going to look good in the end! just think everything out on how far you wanna go with everything before u decide on paint..do u plan on putting 10" wide tires in the back? and making it a drag car? im pretty sure your going for looks and 'show'... so keep up the good work , dont get discouraged by nonsense..

--------------------
post Jun 12, 2011 - 2:56 AM
+Quote Post
deathdoakill

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 19, '05
From San Antonio
Currently Offline

Yeah im definetly gonna run it. Just a long way off from that. The 2jz is gonna present alot of obsticales and more money than i got right now lol but eventually it will get done. I just gotta finish all my projects right now.

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 8:30 PM