6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

232 Pages V  « < 228 229 230 231 232 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Not Official Post A Pic Of Your Non 6gc vehicle Thread, Please put 6gc pics in the multimedia thread
post Aug 3, 2019 - 9:18 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

MR2 turbo worth buying isn't all that cheap anymore, the 5S cars are still inexpensive enough though but for what it'd cost to swap it to turbo spec... Unless you're really thrifty and can do it all yourself anyway. I've seriously considered getting one should a hardtop or moonroof variant come up for sale after selling the Firebird, would be tough between it and a NB2 Miata. I love the look of the hardtop SW so much, oh and popup lights. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 3, 2019 - 9:25 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

They're all so badly rusted though. Even the ones that "look" good are often hell underneath. A MK1 was and still is a dream car for me but 15 years ago they were too rusty, they haven't gotten any better...but when I do see a clean one on the road I just about crash my car and bust a nut all at the same time. They're freakin awesome looking when they're clean. I've never even gotten the chance to see one up close in person or anything but I know I'd love one.

This post has been edited by Bitter: Aug 3, 2019 - 9:28 PM

--------------------
post Aug 3, 2019 - 9:44 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well you forget in the south 20+ year old cars barely have surface rust, but yeah that aside any car up north that's not been garaged through winters is going to be like that. If the AW is a dream car then make the trip down south and you should be able to find a nice enough example.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 4, 2019 - 12:56 AM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
From pineapple under the sea
Currently Offline

Yeah the rust belt isn’t a good place for cars. Most 90’s cars over here aren’t rusty at all. We don’t salt roads here, though. Just sand.

For what I paid for parts alone on the 3S swap, I could’ve just bought another clean MR2 Turbo. Mine is missing two things that differentiate it from a factory Turbo car; front brakes and a speedometer. Everything else is Turbo.

--------------------
1991 MR2 - T-tops - Crimson Red - Gen3 3SGTE - Lots of money

I'm not really an asshole, but I play one on the internet.
**** Photobucket
post Aug 6, 2019 - 12:15 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Aug 3, 2019 - 10:25 PM) *
They're freakin awesome looking when they're clean. I've never even gotten the chance to see one up close in person or anything but I know I'd love one.

What?? I mean they’re rare, but I see them here once in a while, and my neighbors had one when I was about five. It always sat in their corner of the parking garage. I thought it was a Ferrari.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Aug 6, 2019 - 12:17 PM

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Aug 6, 2019 - 8:55 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

But Ferdi they all rusted away up north. Though I think I've seen enough in person to fit on one hand, and one is cheating since my uncle owned it.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 6, 2019 - 10:35 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Aug 6, 2019 - 12:15 PM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Aug 3, 2019 - 10:25 PM) *
They're freakin awesome looking when they're clean. I've never even gotten the chance to see one up close in person or anything but I know I'd love one.

What?? I mean they’re rare, but I see them here once in a while, and my neighbors had one when I was about five. It always sat in their corner of the parking garage. I thought it was a Ferrari.

I've seen them around driving, maybe once or twice parked somewhere but not like 'can I sit in it?' situation. I'd love to take one for a spin to see if they're as awesome as I think they might be.

Celica is ALMOST photo worthy, just a few more things to do. Finish wiping off the coat of Essence, the Rejex, then carnuba wax, then clean the wheels and rotate them, THEN I can take a nice picture for this thread. Oh and clean the damn glass.

--------------------
post Aug 7, 2019 - 12:09 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

The SW had Dan Gurney's help in tuning the handling, so that must count for something. I think the SW in particular exudes an air of specialness to it that not many other mass produced commoner's cars manage to capture. I'd highly consider one over a Miata if it weren't for the fact because of the 5x114.3 bolt pattern you're screwed on 15's, unless you stay stock, and you HAVE to go to 17's in order to get 8"+ wide wheels. Though then the sidewalls are so thin I'd hate to know terrible that'd ride... The W30 is 4x100, but if I'm going to get a cute convertible might as well be a Miata that's easier to work on and has double wishbones.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 7, 2019 - 1:12 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

But then I come across stuff like this and I want to say damn it all and buy one anyway just for the looks:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 7, 2019 - 1:16 PM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

I'm so hot and cold on the SW20. There are days when I NEED to have one, and other days where I can't stand to look at it.

It's how I know it's probably not the car for me.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Aug 7, 2019 - 1:28 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I've never been a big fan of them. I think they got away from the small light quick roots and toward the touring car stage of life, the Mk3 is better aligned with small fast quick but no roof and that's a killer to me.

--------------------
post Aug 7, 2019 - 2:00 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

It's not like the SW is THAT heavy, well in N/A form anyway it's right under 2,600 pounds. No heavier than a 6th gen GT.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 26, 2019 - 12:01 AM
+Quote Post
forkee

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 13, '02
From So Cal
Currently Offline

wattup peeps! i'm back, just passing through the neighborhood and thought i'd say hi

geeze this place is like a ghost town... where'd all the people go. where did all the threads go?

anyways, here's all the successors to my 6gc, currently now only the 2 on the bottom. "dos equis" (XX) smile.gif

--------------------
post Mar 4, 2020 - 2:33 PM
+Quote Post
Consynx

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 25, '02
From Pittsburgh/Clairton, PA
Currently Offline

I still lurk every now and then to see if any kouki LHD GT4s hit the US.
Figured I should give my near-5-year update...
NSX got replaced:

Had an S2k for a while, but it's now been replaced:

--------------------
post Mar 4, 2020 - 2:56 PM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I hope ya'll love my new method of transportation:

Supra shoes brah
post Mar 4, 2020 - 7:41 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Holy car history/collection Batman! Is that a Mosler or Noble?

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Mar 4, 2020 - 7:49 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Wingception, but it works!

--------------------
post Mar 4, 2020 - 9:27 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Mar 4, 2020 - 6:41 PM) *
Holy car history/collection Batman! Is that a Mosler or Noble?

Looks like a Noble M400 to me, which has the perfect engine for a Miata; twin turbo Duratec 3.0 V6.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 5, 2020 - 10:46 AM
+Quote Post
Consynx

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 25, '02
From Pittsburgh/Clairton, PA
Currently Offline

Box is correct. Noble M400 w/ the 3.0 Duratec. It's been modded a tiny bit and did 420 at the wheels, so a whopping 10hp more than the NSX did, but it weighs a lot less.

The Mazda is in need of paint, but I've been trying to make sure the motor has everything it needs first. I really don't want another rebuild. I'm currently retuning it after replacing the turbo with a BW EFR8374 and the ECU from Apex'i to Haltech.

Strangely, it's the Noble that's had a rebuild already, but that's due to a California shop doing a poor job on the assembly.

I met another guy last night with an FD as he bought my Power FC. It was crazy to find out that he used to own a 3S-GTE 5th gen celica, non-alltrac...

Is Coomer still around, or did he hand off the forum?

--------------------
post Mar 5, 2020 - 12:07 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Damn that Noble looks good... *Sells the celica, starts looking for one
Jk ha ha, but that definitely is a eye-turner.

232 Pages V  « < 228 229 230 231 232 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 9:08 AM