Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 97 st mods.
post Feb 4, 2015 - 10:22 PM
+Quote Post
MasterJordansan

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 4, '15
Currently Offline

So iv'e decided pretty much what I want to do with my celica as far as performance goes, but for the meantime I'd like to work on the interior. Any ideas on where to start or what to do?
Seats?
center console?
lights?
Gauges?
Steering wheels?
etc. smile.gif
hopefully cost efficient ideas.
post Feb 5, 2015 - 11:48 AM
+Quote Post
igpx12

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '14
From Cortland NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (MasterJordansan @ Feb 4, 2015 - 10:22 PM) *
So iv'e decided pretty much what I want to do with my celica as far as performance goes, but for the meantime I'd like to work on the interior. Any ideas on where to start or what to do?
Seats?
center console?
lights?
Gauges?
Steering wheels?
etc. smile.gif
hopefully cost efficient ideas.

Its really down to personal taste, maybe just to start give your interior a refresh and clean it up, I know I had lots of things that fell through the center console from the previous owners. As far as cost efficiency, Don't go to cheap on Ebay with your steering wheel or seats, they are after all safety components. Look around the site, maybe pull some inspiration from some of us on here. That said, welcome to the site biggrin.gif

--------------------
1997 ST:Limitedly Green
This car is not about racing... This car is not about power or performance... It's purely about being cool.
post Feb 5, 2015 - 12:02 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

definitely hit up the interior section of the forums. LOTS of info on what you're needing to know.
and I agree. Don't cheap out on steering wheels and seats. anything else is fine.

cheap options for seats would be 7th gen seats if you can find some. steering wheel can be swapped between most toyotas so you can update the look.

plug leds whereever you can for under $30.

then buy some vinyl wrap or spray paint and paint/wrap any trim pieces. Not really my thing but just a suggestion.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Feb 10, 2015 - 10:32 PM
+Quote Post
M4ddoX

Enthusiast

Joined Jun 3, '13
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

interior lights are something that is cheap and easy and can make the interior look much better. I started with changing all the speedo cluster bulbs from the horrible stock green to a bright blue and it made it look so much nicer. For a few bucks you can learn alot and its pretty simple smile.gif

--------------------
1997 White ST202

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:12 AM