> Tigawoods' 1995 Celica, Racing n Stuff
post Apr 11, 2019 - 8:04 PM
+Quote Post
mkernz22

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '10
From MA
Currently Offline

Why wouldn't you mount all of that into the spare tire well and put a flameproof top on it? I definitely wouldn't want that sitting behind me and honestly, that probably won't be legal to race with.

Side note: best way of getting that fuel hose fitting loose? Need to get my pump out of there.
post Apr 12, 2019 - 4:20 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

Many race sanctions don't allow fuel in the cabin unless it's enclosed, I know this. But the few that I will be running with at the start of the season don't have any rules against it
One of the larger concerns over top of the leaking etc is the permeation through the hose into the cabin, which is why I went PTFE.
I can guarantee its a leak-proof system. The leaks I did have and mended where all exterior. The interior connections are solid. But yeah, you never know.

I've always planned to be put it in a case, not sure when, as I think I may do that when I have the cage welded in ( within the next couple months). There should be more space around it to put in a box once the 3pt is removed

I have a cutoff switch

Yall think I was born the day before yesterday? No Faith?

As for the location, I put it there to keep it in a fairly structurally sound location, closer to the rear of the car puts it closer to an area where if impacted, could cause an issue. Its also not interfering with the storage areas ( I carry all 4 wheels in the car to the track). The line run is shorter from that location, I wanted the lines to be as short as possible.

This post has been edited by Tigawoods: Apr 12, 2019 - 4:24 PM

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Apr 13, 2019 - 8:23 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Apr 12, 2019 - 4:20 PM) *
Yall think I was born the day before yesterday? No Faith?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Apr 24, 2019 - 8:39 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

Im waiting for a response from the Gridlife staff but I am trying to address the surge tank protection for the Gridlife Event this weekend.
Here is the rule, the part that applies to me is at the end:

5..Fuel Tanks. Fuel tanks must be either OEM quality or better if using a factory style tank. Factory tanks are only permitted on cars where the tank is located behind the driver and in front of the rear wheels. Aftermarket fuel "cells" are allowed and encouraged, if properly installed and mounted . Only aftermarket cells of hard plastics/rotary formed plastic or ballistic-style bladders contained within a full, quality constructed steel box, with a bulkhead of steel isolating the driver from the box containing the cell, will be allowed. All structures holding the cell must be attached completely and entirely to the shell of the car and/or rollcage structure. Any cell deemed inadequate for completion will result in the car being denied entry. If participants have any questions on the legality or safety of a car’s fuel cell and system, email pictures and descriptions to adam@grid.life. All fuel lines must be isolated from the driver with either a metal bulkhead or shielding, and must be isolated from any sharp edges on sheet metal, etc.

I tried to figure out a box setup and as expected, its way to complicated with the 3pt in the way.
The way Im interpreting the rule is that a panel in front of the panel will suffice. So Im going to close off the triangle of the 3PT and that will shield the lines, the canister and since its at an angle, will give a little "upward spray" protection

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Apr 24, 2019 - 11:19 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

I would build a box that sat in the center section of the triangle just to keep it all contained...

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Apr 25, 2019 - 9:22 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

Yeah I could move it more central, but Id rather just keep it on that side ( so I dont need to make more holes lol) I will have more space to build a box around it where it is when I remove the 3pt and get a roll bar. Plan for the future! I guess...
Im looking forward to a box for..1:protection and 2: sound insulation, that pump is loud

I rigged something up for the event this weekend.

I emailed the Gridlife staff and got a response just as I had finished this. He said they like to see some kind of barrier between the tank and driver and suggested diamond plate...hopefully this 4mil Dibond suffices. At least I have the shape template if it need to make it out of something else

This post has been edited by Tigawoods: Apr 25, 2019 - 9:24 AM

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Apr 25, 2019 - 2:40 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

#CableTieLife

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 26, 2019 - 1:54 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

still havent cut them lol

Forgot to post the oil analysis I had done by Blackstone labs. I wish I would have started to do this earlier but its good to have a baseline now.

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Apr 26, 2019 - 7:35 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

It's like having blood work done, but for your car. Good to do for a car that's raced.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 2, 2019 - 11:38 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

The fuel surge tank works!

My last session at gridlife the fuel gauge was at 0 which means I have about 1/8th-ish of a tank left and the car didnt have a lick of starvation. After the session I was offered up to do a photo and video shoot with some gridlife media, about a third way around the track the car started sputtering lol

out of gas lol but they still got a good shot out of it! I wish they were able to get some more rolling footage frown.gif but thats what I get for not keeping an eye on the fuel level

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post May 2, 2019 - 11:53 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

That rolling corner shot is bad ass!

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post May 2, 2019 - 1:29 PM
+Quote Post
slavie

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '15
From NY
Currently Offline

What clubs/tracks do you run with? I've been meaning to read through this mega-thread of yours to see what good ideas might be hiding within to incorporate into my LeMons Celica.
Why the surge tank though? I mean, once the tank gets to a quarter, just add gas. What am I missing? Unless you're running endurance events, then it's a different story.

I'm potentially planning to come down to Summit Point Main again for NASA June 8-9 event.
post May 2, 2019 - 2:22 PM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Damn. That's a great shot Mike.

I can't wait to get out on track.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post May 2, 2019 - 2:46 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ May 2, 2019 - 2:22 PM) *

x2

I can't wait to have another Miata and start tracking it. It was always my intention to track the Firebird, but between my knee issues and never getting comfortable driving the car that never came to fruition. Maybe I'm weird, but not being able to see past the dash doesn't exactly instill confidence. The Celica ruined me with its arched fenders that let you place the car without thinking about it.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 3, 2019 - 12:42 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

QUOTE (narly_charley @ May 2, 2019 - 11:53 AM) *
That rolling corner shot is bad ass!

En serio

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post May 3, 2019 - 8:06 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

QUOTE (slavie @ May 2, 2019 - 2:29 PM) *
What clubs/tracks do you run with? I've been meaning to read through this mega-thread of yours to see what good ideas might be hiding within to incorporate into my LeMons Celica.
Why the surge tank though? I mean, once the tank gets to a quarter, just add gas. What am I missing? Unless you're running endurance events, then it's a different story.

I'm potentially planning to come down to Summit Point Main again for NASA June 8-9 event.

I did mostly SCCA events last year with a peppering of other orgs. Im considering participating in the Time Trial series for the time being while Gridlife and Global Time Attack establish themselves on the east coast and host more events. There is still a whole bunch that needs to be done to the car so Im not really at full tilt with participating in a series. Just refining driver mod.

I have fuel starvation at around ~1/3rd. Weight wise Id like to run as little as possible (especially in the rear)...usually around 1/3 lol. I dont normally carry gas with me but after this event I am going to bring along a can to maintain my desired level.

This past event I showed up with about 3/4 tank and the rear really didnt rotate how I wanted to until I got it down to ~1/4 which was midway through the 3rd (out of 4) heats

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ May 2, 2019 - 3:22 PM) *

DO it. Its so much fun, especially in a toyota that doesnt have any crippling mechanical issues. Just make sure youve got some good brake fluid and some good pads.

This post has been edited by Tigawoods: May 3, 2019 - 8:13 AM

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post May 5, 2019 - 9:53 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

you need a fuel cell..

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jun 27, 2019 - 7:39 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

OMG THE FORUM IS BACK. IVE WANTED TO UPDATE FOR SO LONG YOU GUYS WHERE PROBABLY WAITING AND WAITING TO GET BACK HERE TO SEE WHATS BEEN GOING ON

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post Jun 27, 2019 - 10:05 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

lmfao

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Jun 27, 2019 - 8:36 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Jun 27, 2019 - 7:39 AM) *
OMG THE FORUM IS BACK. IVE WANTED TO UPDATE FOR SO LONG YOU GUYS WHERE PROBABLY WAITING AND WAITING TO GET BACK HERE TO SEE WHATS BEEN GOING ON

YET NOTHING TO READ.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

107 Pages V  « < 101 102 103 104 105 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:33 AM