+Quote Post
jimmykay

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 14, '08
From St. Louis
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ May 26, 2012 - 1:35 PM) *
QUOTE (jimmykay @ May 24, 2012 - 10:59 AM) *
Richee, Actually, I have pretty much the exhaust that you're looking at.

ebay 5sfe header, 2.5" pipe, magnaflow hi-flow cat, Vibrant ultra-quiet resonator, and magnaflow muffler.

Its not quiet, louder than stock for sure, but sounds good. However, lately I think I may have torn my flex pipe or something because its gotten relatively loud up front.

I've been thinking about putting my stock header back on in preparation for selling/trading the car so that I could then sell the header and my short ram intake to someone here for cheap.

Hmm... I was hoping to hear a little better than that. I've accepted that my setup will be louder than stock but I'm hoping it will only be marginally louder. I've heard bloodMoney's Flowmaster 40 series and it's pretty quiet, but it's still on stock piping. Why are you selling the car?

I'm selling it because I need a functional back seat. Getting 2 car seats back there is tight. Plus she's just starting to feel tired and big ticket maintenance costs (timing belt + shocks + etc.) are going to quickly go above the value of the car.

I'm sure it would be quieter without the header on (adding back in the additional cat), but some of the volume may just come from the larger pipe diameter that I am running. if i had the same setup with 2.25" or 2", it may be quieter.

--------------------
'99 Celica GT - Sold
'11 Mazdaspeed3
post Sep 18, 2012 - 12:30 PM
+Quote Post
Temporary-Failur...

Enthusiast
Joined May 27, '09
From Finland
Currently Offline

I received my ST202 from shop. I have 2.5" pipe, Catco cat and two custom made mufflers. I told to the company which made exhaust system that I want quite silence and low sound. They managed to make system which is perfect for my ears: Sounds
I have C-one replica rear skirt which is for ST205. Exhaust tip is meant to be used in Audi A4 wink.gif
post Oct 16, 2012 - 7:56 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Finally got mine on. 2.5" Magnaflow cat, Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, and Vibrant Street Power flat black muffler. It's all filthy in the pictures, but meh. Given where I drive the car, it's literally not worth my time to clean.

Couple of quick videos, taking it easy on the car. Using a crappy point and shoot so it didn't quite capture how deep the sound actually is, but I'm too lazy to go try again. tongue.gif

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee257/r...ent=file-20.mp4
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee257/r...ent=file-21.mp4

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Oct 17, 2012 - 1:19 AM
+Quote Post
RabidTRD

Enthusiast
Joined May 31, '11
From Rochester, NY
Currently Offline

Manifold back 2.25 piping through a Vibrant Performance Ultra Quiet (MSRP: $107.95) resonator to the Vibrant Performance TPV Universal Muffler w/ 4" Round Angle Cut Tip (2.5" inlet - 23" long)(MSRP: $176.95)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gu3jy2E9eQ...mp;feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VA9HBiZAMg...;feature=relmfu

This post has been edited by RabidTRD: Oct 17, 2012 - 12:15 PM

--------------------
1994 Toyota Celica GT-S 5S-FE 190k Miles. Project car
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5S-FE 170k Miles. Daily driver/beater
1999 Toyota Camry LE 5S-FE 216K Miles. RIP You will be missed.

*ASE Certified General Manager
post Oct 17, 2012 - 1:32 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

are you sure its not going to get crushed richee. I was wondering how you were able to route the exhaust piping through with little angles. I feel as if your control arms are eventually going to damage the exhaust.

nice work rabidtrd. still looks weird. I was considering getting that vibrant race series muffler. Its cheap and sounds good. Just not content with the size. The canister looks like the hks hi power muffler. I plan on getting the apexi n1 muffler 60mm inlet and 90mm tip.

btw rabid put your exhaust information here on your post(even though its on youtube description)...

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Oct 17, 2012 - 10:51 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I actually have several inches of room. The camera angle is misleading and makes it appear as though my exhaust is nearly touching the control arms. The exhaust is much closer to the chassis than the control arms. I'll try to grab a couple of better pictures later.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Oct 17, 2012 - 12:28 PM
+Quote Post
RabidTRD

Enthusiast
Joined May 31, '11
From Rochester, NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Oct 17, 2012 - 2:32 AM) *
are you sure its not going to get crushed richee. I was wondering how you were able to route the exhaust piping through with little angles. I feel as if your control arms are eventually going to damage the exhaust.

nice work rabidtrd. still looks weird. I was considering getting that vibrant race series muffler. Its cheap and sounds good. Just not content with the size. The canister looks like the hks hi power muffler. I plan on getting the apexi n1 muffler 60mm inlet and 90mm tip.

btw rabid put your exhaust information here on your post(even though its on youtube description)...

Lol I actually kind of like how it looks. At first, I was like... ehhh... but it's grown on me. It's awesome because when I drive by high walls entering the highway, it bounces sound right off the wall back to me. It's also fun because it's aimed at pedestrians. tongue.gif

I updated it with size specs, and MSRP

This post has been edited by RabidTRD: Oct 17, 2012 - 12:29 PM

--------------------

post Jan 14, 2013 - 12:42 PM
+Quote Post
Antz5SFE

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 3, '12
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

$700 for a stainless steel mandrel bent header back too much? have a muffler & cat. & the header is already installed on the car. anyone know any good exhaust shops around philly that are cheaper?
post Jan 14, 2013 - 6:45 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Antz5SFE @ Jan 14, 2013 - 12:42 PM) *
$700 for a stainless steel mandrel bent header back too much? have a muffler & cat. & the header is already installed on the car. anyone know any good exhaust shops around philly that are cheaper?

for a 5sfe or 7afe?? so you have a 5sfe ebay header and they want to charge you 700 for a b-pipe to muffler piping only?????? thats a lot. look online for the cost of materials and you'll get an idea of pricing. mandrel bend is more but that much is a bit high i'd say.

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 18, 2013 - 4:04 PM
+Quote Post
fl0ss

Enthusiast

Joined Apr 15, '13
From Mississippi
Currently Offline

BUMP biggrin.gif

Hope im not late to the party.

I'm looking at upgrading my exhaust and found a header on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/M2-PERFORMANCE-TOY...234&vxp=mtr

looks decent enough, but i got to looking at my exhaust...

Manifold-->Flex pipe-->cat-->small muffler(resonator?)-->muffler

I am wondering how critical having that flex pipe is and if not having one will have a negative impact on a new exhaust?

Also anyone have a M2 header? Any good or no?
post May 18, 2013 - 6:50 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

this will probably happen to your header if you dont have a flex pipe

This was my old M2 header. I got a new one. Its not the greatest but there really arent any other options for our cars

This post has been edited by Tigawoods: May 18, 2013 - 6:51 PM

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post May 18, 2013 - 8:59 PM
+Quote Post
fl0ss

Enthusiast

Joined Apr 15, '13
From Mississippi
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ May 18, 2013 - 7:50 PM) *
this will probably happen to your header if you dont have a flex pipe

This was my old M2 header. I got a new one. Its not the greatest but there really arent any other options for our cars

Noted. Appreciate the response.
post May 18, 2013 - 11:33 PM
+Quote Post
Syaoran

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 4, '12
From US
Currently Offline

The celica has so much space for exhaust components on the bottom that I'm dumbfounded that nobody who complains about loudness has ever thought of putting 2 long resonators in there and a muffler at the end.

--------------------
1993 Celica GT Coupe - sold
1994 Celica GT Liftback
post May 19, 2013 - 12:40 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Syaoran @ May 19, 2013 - 12:33 AM) *
The celica has so much space for exhaust components on the bottom that I'm dumbfounded that nobody who complains about loudness has ever thought of putting 2 long resonators in there and a muffler at the end.

Agreed.

to add to that I forgot I had an pic of the new setup.
so much space for another resonator

This post has been edited by Tigawoods: May 19, 2013 - 12:40 AM

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post May 19, 2013 - 1:07 AM
+Quote Post
ILoveMySilly97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '12
From Hanford/Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

Exhaust seems to be my next project. Since I'm currently done with my body stuff.

--------------------
post May 19, 2013 - 9:22 AM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

I was scared to go under the sub frame for ground clearance reasons.... Ever hit the pipe yet?

--------------------
post May 19, 2013 - 10:24 AM
+Quote Post
Syaoran

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 4, '12
From US
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ May 19, 2013 - 1:40 AM) *
QUOTE (Syaoran @ May 19, 2013 - 12:33 AM) *

Agreed.

to add to that I forgot I had an pic of the new setup.
so much space for another resonator

There's so much space that I'm sure you could fit a bottle style vibrant resonator after the ultra quiet there. Thanks for the pic, it precisely shows what I mean

--------------------
1993 Celica GT Coupe - sold
1994 Celica GT Liftback
post May 19, 2013 - 5:10 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

yeah there arent many full underside shots around of our cars. I am, going to try and get a better shot when I go align the car

QUOTE (ricochet1490 @ May 19, 2013 - 10:22 AM) *
I was scared to go under the sub frame for ground clearance reasons.... Ever hit the pipe yet?

not yet. the old setup sagged a little bit and that one did hit sometimes.
There is about 8 inches of clearance

--------------------

エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
post May 19, 2013 - 11:21 PM
+Quote Post
RabidTRD

Enthusiast
Joined May 31, '11
From Rochester, NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ May 19, 2013 - 6:10 PM) *
yeah there arent many full underside shots around of our cars. I am, going to try and get a better shot when I go align the car

QUOTE (ricochet1490 @ May 19, 2013 - 10:22 AM) *

not yet. the old setup sagged a little bit and that one did hit sometimes.
There is about 8 inches of clearance

You sit a lot higher than I do. My frame at that point only sits about 8" or less. Pipe is 2.25+/- off the ground and scrapes going out of angled driveways.

Thinking about tucking mine some more, but would rather pay someone. I hate doing exhaust work... mainly because today, I put an exhaust on a Subaru Legacy Outback and it reminded me how much it sucks lol. Nothing like being on your back for hours holding up heavy pipes and trying to tighten bolts.

--------------------

post May 20, 2013 - 6:53 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

My setup is 2.25" piping from the cat back. Not sure what the resonator brand is, but the tip was just the 'stock' one for Kirawee Mufflers.
If anyone has watched Mighty Car Mods that's where they went for the Volkswagen Polo episode wink.gif

For me, the tip made all the difference, my friend got the exact same setup on his car, but got a single to dual pipe tip, and his sounds a lot higher pitched then mine. At idle mine sounds like its purring and when I accelerate it's not over-the-top loud, but its not quite either.

The whole setup cost me $250 for the piping, muffler/resonator (not sure which it is; I would assume resonator) and the labor to install it.

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------

23 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 2:09 PM