> My first project, New parts Arrive!
post Jan 14, 2015 - 6:33 PM
+Quote Post
Bourne6Gen

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 22, '14
From Bournemouth, UK
Currently Offline

i knew the clutch was going to go soon but i thought i might be able to get more out of it before it started slipping.

i can at least still drive it to the garage to get fixed thats why im taking it off the road now.
post Jan 14, 2015 - 7:42 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Just float the gears, who needs a clutch anyway. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 24, 2015 - 4:11 PM
+Quote Post
Bourne6Gen

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 22, '14
From Bournemouth, UK
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bourne6Gen @ Jan 9, 2015 - 6:43 PM) *
No it was my manifold and downpipe the first part to arrive for my exhaust system, im just waiting for the last parts to arrive from Japan at the end of the month.

Can anyone help me, i recently bought the above manifold and down pipe from ebay and it turns out that it doesnt fit at all the manifold holes do not line up with the engine block.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAPSPEED-TOYOTA-...=item257849acd0

Could you guys let me know what model my Celia is as i thought it was a ST202 and also what manifold you guys would recommend?

post Jan 24, 2015 - 5:15 PM
+Quote Post
MR-AFRO-SS2

Enthusiast

Joined Jun 30, '14
From UK ESSEX
Currently Offline

ahh yeah can see why .first your st202 has the crap slow engine and is hassle for parts and to mod . and your st202 is the SS1 . you realistically wanted the uk version GT or import SS2 like mine with the much better 3SGE 175BHP if you decide to keep that car i would not bother putting money in to that engine and just find a uk GT or import SS2 model 3SGE engine and is a very easy swap and easy to find and fairly cheap like £300-400 as for that manifold its for the 3sge engine . i know because i have one and does say in the ad its for the 3sge model . so remember your model is the SS1 . and so you know when you decide to get new discs yours will be listed as import model 255 size discs and pads you will have to do some research

any more info just ask bro smile.gif
post Jan 24, 2015 - 9:52 PM
+Quote Post
igpx12

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '14
From Cortland NY
Currently Offline

The header you bought is for a 3S block regardless, so my advice is to use a burr drill bit like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-Head-Tungste...=item5d520b1d3f

Basically all you need to do is widen the mounting holes a little so they will line up with the bolts. I had to do that with mine because of it being a generic corolla header for the 7A, gotta love generic aftermarket parts. Of course your motor like mine is the FE or economy model motor, not saying that should stop you from anything but do your research on engine parts and upgrades before committing to them. There are members on here like Tigawoods and hurley97 who have taken FE models and made them more of a sports engine. Keep the progress coming thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by igpx12: Jan 25, 2015 - 1:50 AM

--------------------
1997 ST:Limitedly Green
This car is not about racing... This car is not about power or performance... It's purely about being cool.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:47 PM