> JoshuaM's '97 Celica ZR, The Final Chapter - Goodbye
post Oct 3, 2013 - 10:39 AM
+Quote Post
sr666

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 31, '12
From England
Currently Offline

That could work then although I could say don't some GT's have SS Suspension?

We got import ones in the UK with SS suspension not always Mac lol
post Oct 3, 2013 - 11:01 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

Yes, but all of the FWD Australian models were st204's with MacPherson suspension, which is what I have (and we can't get import Celicas here :'( )

--------------------

SOLD :( 1997 ST204 Celica ZR -----> See it here on 6GC!
2013 October Celica of the Month XD
Now: '00 NB8B Mazda MX5 -----> See it here in off topic!
post Oct 3, 2013 - 2:08 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Just just some lowering springs. redface.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 3, 2013 - 8:28 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ Oct 3, 2013 - 12:01 PM) *
Yes, but all of the FWD Australian models were st204's with MacPherson suspension, which is what I have (and we can't get import Celicas here :'( )

We can, it's just a royal pain in the ass and costs a fortune frown.gif

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Oct 3, 2013 - 11:48 PM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

Woo... Changed taillights again! smile.gif This time I have another set with less scratches on them, and I swapped in the JDM harness as well to get the quad tail lights smile.gif

AND...... new goodie from a SSIII in Japan;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms4jfyNdxGE

.... small things... tongue.gif Now I just want to buy another ones and see if I can hack it apart to do it on both windows.

--------------------

post Oct 3, 2013 - 11:54 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ Oct 3, 2013 - 11:48 PM) *
Woo... Changed taillights again! smile.gif This time I have another set with less scratches on them, and I swapped in the JDM harness as well to get the quad tail lights smile.gif

All I'm hearing is instead of buying lowering springs you bought another set of tail lights when you could have polished out the old ones. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 4, 2013 - 12:25 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Oct 4, 2013 - 12:54 AM) *
QUOTE (JoshuaM @ Oct 3, 2013 - 11:48 PM) *

All I'm hearing is instead of buying lowering springs you bought another set of tail lights when you could have polished out the old ones. tongue.gif

They didn't cost me any extra money!!! I just imported some more stuff from Japan to boost the local 6GC scene a bit and sold mine instead of the ones that arrived smile.gif

And it isn't JUST springs, would need to get new shocks too, and by then you might as well go coilovers and have the adjustability (But if I find more TRD springs they're mine! tongue.gif)

--------------------

post Oct 4, 2013 - 2:38 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Fair enough. Don't have to get new struts.... tongue.gif I got my Tein springs and KYB struts for $400ish, still considerably cheaper than the cheapest coil-overs. Just have to shop around to get the best deals.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 6, 2013 - 6:07 AM
+Quote Post
sr666

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 31, '12
From England
Currently Offline

Could you not get Koni Adjustables?
post Oct 6, 2013 - 9:05 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (sr666 @ Oct 6, 2013 - 6:07 AM) *
Could you not get Koni Adjustables?

But..... why? Coilovers are $1100 for the whole lot, and getting a decent coil and shock setup will cost at least $800 (Probably more - because Australia) and you still don't get the adjustable ride height. If the springs were cheap and easy to find here like they are in some places that could be different... but most things like that are double the price here.

--------------------

post Oct 6, 2013 - 9:08 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

AND YOU HAVE GIGANTIC SPIDERS!!!!!! Sounds like it's time to move.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 6, 2013 - 6:06 PM
+Quote Post
sr666

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 31, '12
From England
Currently Offline

I don't know too much on exchange rates over here but a set of Koni yellow's are 554 quid. As for ride height etc surely if you set up the car with the correct offset wheels etc you wouldn't need to adjust the heights etc anyways? I mean if you're going to lower for shows or you're on bags or whatever then yeah lower it all the time but I can't say that it seems like the adjustable ride height would be needed. I'd rather have the adjustable damping personally and save a couple hundred quid
post Oct 6, 2013 - 6:40 PM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (sr666 @ Oct 6, 2013 - 7:06 PM) *
I don't know too much on exchange rates over here but a set of Koni yellow's are 554 quid. As for ride height etc surely if you set up the car with the correct offset wheels etc you wouldn't need to adjust the heights etc anyways? I mean if you're going to lower for shows or you're on bags or whatever then yeah lower it all the time but I can't say that it seems like the adjustable ride height would be needed. I'd rather have the adjustable damping personally and save a couple hundred quid

At that price though it is cheaper to get coilovers - and they have adjustable dampening too, right? tongue.gif $1100 here for coilovers is 650 GBP. And I would actually be more interested in the height adjustment for going up rather than down, as I plan to tow with it occasionally, and I don't think lowered is great for that tongue.gif A bit of a moot point at the moment though, because unless something drastic happens I won't be doing any suspension stuff until after I get back from overseas next year.

--------------------

post Oct 6, 2013 - 6:45 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Some coil-overs do, some don't.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 7, 2013 - 1:43 AM
+Quote Post
sr666

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 31, '12
From England
Currently Offline

Ah fair enough then buddy :-)

My old FK's weren't damping adjustable though on the MR2 but then again they were cheap lol
post Oct 7, 2013 - 1:52 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (sr666 @ Oct 7, 2013 - 2:43 AM) *
Ah fair enough then buddy :-)

My old FK's weren't damping adjustable though on the MR2 but then again they were cheap lol

Haha, well I will make sure that I get some that are - But I was looking at the BC BR Gold series and I think they do everything smile.gif

Today I installed some goodies I had lying around;

Step 1: Remove surrounding plastics.

Step 2: Unscrew blank:

Step 3: Screw in new ignition ring:

Step 4: Plug into wiring harness that is sitting under the dash waiting for you to get off your lazy a$$ and do this super simple mod;

Step 5: Clip plastic surrounds back on and enjoy:

SOOOO quick and easy tongue.gif I still need to get a blue LED for it though and take it back out again.

It is set up automatically to turn on with the door courtesy lights and turn off 5 seconds after door close.

And when I was there I replaced my shifter surround with a new one with JDM pocket (And one without stains from when I spilled a bottle of eucalyptus oil when I was removing my old rego sticker tongue.gif).

--------------------

post Oct 7, 2013 - 4:17 AM
+Quote Post
ILoveMySilly97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '12
From Hanford/Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

Looks legit!

--------------------
post Oct 7, 2013 - 4:58 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

Forgot to say I bought a GT-FOUR Rear strut bar too!!! (posted in Today I thread, but forgot to update here);

I should have said that I almost bought another 6th gen on Saturday too - black SX-R (So 5S-FE with SSIII seats and dials for 5S, OEM 15" alloys and fog lights) with 236,000kms for $700. Needed suspension redone (previous owner cut coils) so plan was to get coilovers for me and put my stock suspension in it and resell.... but it was an absolute bomb when we inspected it - needed well over $1k in body work and paint before I would consider selling it (still would've worked out to free coilovers - but I have easier ways of making cash), and radiator had just cracked too, so would've been a pain to get home. Bought extra Projectors and JDM tails to stick on it too! But oh well tongue.gif

Since I have been hogging this thread a bit I should really add some photos tongue.gif

Much better tongue.gif

EDIT: Note I had just taken the spacers off the back in the morning too - doesn't look toooooo bad tongue.gif I don't want to roll my guards yet and I was getting sick of having to take it easy around bends to not scrub out tongue.gif

And a problem I had when I was heading out for my drive - I had just bought another full set of projectors and another set of JDM tails with the strut brace, and didn't want to smash them to pieces around the bends - so I fashioned a strap out of my laptop shoulder strap and connected one end to the child seat anchor point and slipped the other end through the rear seats and tightened it up... worked a treat! smile.gif

--------------------

post Oct 7, 2013 - 4:49 PM
+Quote Post
sr666

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 31, '12
From England
Currently Offline

That's looking sweet mate nice work, you bought more projectors then realised you didn't need them?
Oh dear LOL
post Oct 7, 2013 - 6:37 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

'bought' the rear strut bar xD

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------

14 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:05 AM