6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DarkDeath Celica Build [GEN4 3SGTE SWAPPED], Documenting my GEN4 swap and build
post Jan 24, 2017 - 8:57 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

Congrats man!

Hope that CEL is nothing big (assuming your mechanic bypassed the intercooler pump)..

--------------------
post Jan 24, 2017 - 9:11 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

No intercooler pump to worry about on a 4th gen. wink.gif

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jan 25, 2017 - 2:56 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

ahhhh, ya got me haha that rules out the easy pump fix then.

Good stuff!

--------------------
post Jan 25, 2017 - 6:27 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Get rid of that linguine strut bar. Otherwise nice stuff. There's no quality build like that in Orange or Los Angeles county.

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jan 28, 2017 - 10:45 AM
+Quote Post
HardHead93

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 7, '15
From New Mexico
Currently Offline

How did you mount the ECU? Stock, our ECU is mounted on 2 brackets that sit behind the center console. When you switch over to the 3s ECU the are more pinouts and the screw holes are in different locations so you cannot use the 5s ECU bracket. I am making the last adjustments to my swap and this is one of the items I need to take care of.
post Jan 30, 2017 - 4:00 PM
+Quote Post
DarkDeath

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 6, '13
From Toronto, Canada
Currently Offline

Thanks everyone! Means alot! can't wait till the snow melts so I can start documenting the good stuff >: )

QUOTE (Csober @ Jan 23, 2017 - 4:42 PM) *
Wow! Absolutely love it! Great work, nice and clean. I cant stand when people don't have there piping welded. 6 couplers on one charger pipe just looks silly haha.

I definitely wanted the welding and the black paint to keep things clean, thanks man!

QUOTE (cheela @ Jan 23, 2017 - 4:48 PM) *
congrats! you're gonna have fun once winter is over. smile.gif

I bring it out once and while now, I can't wait! hahaha

QUOTE (Box @ Jan 23, 2017 - 5:03 PM) *
Car looks great, doesn't sound bad either for a 4 cylinder. tongue.gif Also I agree on A/C being more important than turbo clocking, but A/C is everything to me. laugh.gif

My brother's 2.0T Genesis sounds pretty good too, I've decided turbos are the secret to making a four cylinder sound good.

Oh man A/C IS LIFE biggrin.gif . We made sure that we don't remove everything for the sake of the swap and make it *feel* as OEM as possible, the *only* thing I removed was the cruise control. I'm thinking maybe I can repurpose the button for something?

QUOTE (Malek @ Jan 24, 2017 - 9:57 PM) *
Congrats man!

Hope that CEL is nothing big (assuming your mechanic bypassed the intercooler pump)..

yea what richee3 said, lol. I haven't been able to check exactly yet but again it hasn't turn my car into limp mode or anything which is nice.

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Jan 25, 2017 - 7:27 PM) *
Get rid of that linguine strut bar. Otherwise nice stuff. There's no quality build like that in Orange or Los Angeles county.

Hahaha yes I plan to! probably a cusco bar soon.

QUOTE (HardHead93 @ Jan 28, 2017 - 11:45 AM) *
How did you mount the ECU? Stock, our ECU is mounted on 2 brackets that sit behind the center console. When you switch over to the 3s ECU the are more pinouts and the screw holes are in different locations so you cannot use the 5s ECU bracket. I am making the last adjustments to my swap and this is one of the items I need to take care of.

We actually did repurpose the 5SFE ECU mounts but we did customize it for sure. I can see if I can double check where he welded, but we did modify it to fit.

~DarkDeath

This post has been edited by DarkDeath: Jan 30, 2017 - 6:39 PM

--------------------

September 2014 & July 2015 Celica of the Month
1995 Toyota "EnDeR" Celica GTS-T Gen4 3sgte swapped
[Instagram: @Ender_Celica]
post Apr 2, 2017 - 3:28 AM
+Quote Post
DarkDeath

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 6, '13
From Toronto, Canada
Currently Offline

Hey everyone, been a bit since my car has just been in storage, many more updates to come once I daily it very soon!

Small things though is that we did the boost controller (FORGE UNOS manual boost controller) and I set the Psi to 14-15 atm, feels great but I really want that 16-17 sweet spot, may need to tinker more. I'm running 94oct exclusively so it should be possible. Just don't wanna overdue it when I'm tinkering, haha. I think I'm just gonna monitor my boost and see if it's spiking with these spring weather's and go from there, cause I know I have boost creep cause of the TBE.

~DarkDeath

--------------------

post Apr 2, 2017 - 10:27 PM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (HardHead93 @ Jan 28, 2017 - 8:45 AM) *

almost all toyota ECUs have the same holes, they are just covered with tape. I used the 5S mounts with the 3rd gen swap i did

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Apr 2, 2017 - 11:40 PM
+Quote Post
HardHead93

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 7, '15
From New Mexico
Currently Offline

QUOTE (DarkDeath @ Oct 20, 2016 - 7:51 PM) *
Wheels:
18x9 TE37 Style custom "magnesium blue" painted rims
20mm Spacers (rear) 5mm (front)
225/40/18 stretched Nankangs

I was re-reading your thread and this might be a stupid question but why are you running bigger spacers in the rear than in the front?
post Apr 3, 2017 - 4:18 PM
+Quote Post
DarkDeath

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 6, '13
From Toronto, Canada
Currently Offline

QUOTE (HardHead93 @ Apr 3, 2017 - 12:40 AM) *
QUOTE (DarkDeath @ Oct 20, 2016 - 7:51 PM) *
Wheels:
18x9 TE37 Style custom "magnesium blue" painted rims
20mm Spacers (rear) 5mm (front)
225/40/18 stretched Nankangs

I was re-reading your thread and this might be a stupid question but why are you running bigger spacers in the rear than in the front?

Oh, basically I wanted the rear wheels to be flush with the fender, so I needed the 20mm spacer to make it nice and flush. Though seeing under my car many times; if I didn't have that 20mm, I would be awfully close to the strut, since my wheels are 18x9.

Update:

So I've been driving with the mbc at 15-16psi all weekend and no problems so far, weathers around 0-10 degrees celsius right now and running on 94oct. The good thing is that I'm not noticing any crazy boost spiking or boost creeping, it peaks at 16 and it hauls, so seems to all be in order. So I'm probably just going to leave it alone now and enjoy it smile.gif. In a few months though I'll be bringing it to a dyno to see what's my exact power, as well as get my other gauges installed.

Also, it's officially my daily now! winter car is stored in storage.

more updates more often now!

~DarkDeath

This post has been edited by DarkDeath: Apr 3, 2017 - 4:48 PM

--------------------

post Apr 18, 2017 - 2:33 PM
+Quote Post
DarkDeath

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 6, '13
From Toronto, Canada
Currently Offline

Edit: boosting solid 17psi peak so we good now smile.gif

This post has been edited by DarkDeath: May 11, 2017 - 9:43 AM

--------------------

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:32 PM