> Need help with the gt4 front bumper, I still have the stock crash bar
post Sep 7, 2006 - 6:18 PM
+Quote Post
Baddica95

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 31, '04
From Milwaukee
Currently Offline

I need help from those who have cut their stock crash bars in order to get there bumpers on..i dont know exactly where to cut and what not..Any information would be nice..thanks a bunch

Ryan
post Sep 8, 2006 - 12:52 AM
+Quote Post
azian_advanced

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 18, '05
From Calgary
Currently Offline

i haven't done this since i used an actual gt4 reinforcement bumper... but looking at it, it seems you'll need to cut a straight horizontal line across the bar starting right below the top bolt of the frame rail, and another just above the bottom bolt all the way across.

here are two pics for comparison:

IPB ImageIPB Image

the pink lines is where you cut.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post Sep 8, 2006 - 5:55 AM
+Quote Post
Rayme

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 18, '06
From NB, Canada
Currently Offline

Its something I will have to do also..let me know what you end up doing.

--------------------

-Rémy
02 SiR, 08 250R
post Sep 8, 2006 - 6:15 AM
+Quote Post
Griff

Enthusiast
Joined May 25, '06
From South Carolina
Currently Offline

do you have to go to toyota to buy these? im really looking into getting a gt4 hood and a c-one front...anyone know where a good place would be?

--------------------
IPB Image
post Sep 8, 2006 - 7:56 AM
+Quote Post
jgreening

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 17, '04
From Illinois
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Griff @ Sep 8, 2006 - 6:15 AM) [snapback]477501[/snapback]

do you have to go to toyota to buy these? im really looking into getting a gt4 hood and a c-one front...anyone know where a good place would be?

If you want the c-one front that fits the GT4 hood, you will need to get the actual c-one piece from Japan. The knock-off ones in the states only fit the stock hood (or hoods with stock fitment)

--------------------
QUOTE(lagos @ Jul 10, 2006 - 1:55 PM) [snapback]454118[/snapback]

i know your trying to do the right thing for your motor, but this is one of those times where you should just trust the guys who have had their swaps for a while and have done a ton of research into this.
post Sep 9, 2006 - 8:28 PM
+Quote Post
Baddica95

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 31, '04
From Milwaukee
Currently Offline

so when you make those two cuts where the pink lines are....are you left with just that thin 2 inch or so crash bar...or do you have crash bar with a 2 inch gap in the middle of it? Im still a bit confused...also..am i going to be able to see this crash bar after the bumper is on. Do i even need a stinkin crash bar???? lol
post Sep 10, 2006 - 11:19 AM
+Quote Post
azian_advanced

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 18, '05
From Calgary
Currently Offline

you will be left with that 2-inch bar. note, that the gt4 bar is curved forward while the stock bar is basically flat in the front.. so no matter what, the bar won't perfectly sit flush in the gt4 bumper absorber.

some people have put on their front aftermarket bumpers without the crash bar. but is highly not recommended. if you think of it this way, the bumper's made of plastic (or fiberglass for aftermarket ones) and if you hit an obstacle/wall/post, that plastic will break depending on how hard you hit it. that'll obviously cost you $$$ for repairs down the road since the plastic isn't hard enough to stop the car.
i'd suggest you buy the actual gt4 bar.. it costs ~$91 from toyotaworld. don't forget to buy the frame rail brackets if you decide to go this way.

Reinforcement Bar 52131-20220
Frame Bracket
RH 57201-20060
Frame Bracket
LH 57202-20070

--------------------
post Sep 10, 2006 - 3:16 PM
+Quote Post
elvasoshexai

Enthusiast
Joined May 16, '05
From Toronto, Ontario
Currently Offline

QUOTE(azian_advanced @ Sep 10, 2006 - 12:19 PM) [snapback]478079[/snapback]

you will be left with that 2-inch bar. note, that the gt4 bar is curved forward while the stock bar is basically flat in the front.. so no matter what, the bar won't perfectly sit flush in the gt4 bumper absorber.

some people have put on their front aftermarket bumpers without the crash bar. but is highly not recommended. if you think of it this way, the bumper's made of plastic (or fiberglass for aftermarket ones) and if you hit an obstacle/wall/post, that plastic will break depending on how hard you hit it. that'll obviously cost you $$$ for repairs down the road since the plastic isn't hard enough to stop the car.
i'd suggest you buy the actual gt4 bar.. it costs ~$91 from toyotaworld. don't forget to buy the frame rail brackets if you decide to go this way.

Frame Bracket
RH 57201-20060
Frame Bracket
LH 57202-20070

so that reinforment bar will also fit the vis zyclone bumper rite?

--------------------
98 Celica GT -- 5S-FTE: 230WHP 237FT-LBS
06 Civic EX

My For Sale Thread
post Sep 10, 2006 - 5:54 PM
+Quote Post
joehernandez

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '06
From San Luis AZ
Currently Offline

QUOTE(azian_advanced @ Sep 10, 2006 - 11:19 AM) [snapback]478079[/snapback]

Frame Bracket
RH 57201-20060
Frame Bracket
LH 57202-20070

So are you saying that we have to buy that part in order to put the gt4 bumper, but do you know if the c-one fits prectly or do u have to buy that crash bar?

QUOTE(jgreening @ Sep 8, 2006 - 7:56 AM) [snapback]477517[/snapback]

QUOTE(Griff @ Sep 8, 2006 - 6:15 AM) [snapback]477501[/snapback]

If you want the c-one front that fits the GT4 hood, you will need to get the actual c-one piece from Japan. The knock-off ones in the states only fit the stock hood (or hoods with stock fitment)

WOW i did't knew that, thanks for the help cuz i was just going to order the gt4 hood and the c-one bodykit, also do you know where can i get the c-one body kit from japan, will it cost alot more?

--------------------
post Sep 11, 2006 - 1:28 AM
+Quote Post
azian_advanced

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 18, '05
From Calgary
Currently Offline

QUOTE(elvasoshexai @ Sep 10, 2006 - 3:16 PM) [snapback]478100[/snapback]

so that reinforment bar will also fit the vis zyclone bumper rite?

i'm not sure, i've never tried it. but i'm assuming it will.

QUOTE(joehernandez @ Sep 10, 2006 - 5:54 PM) [snapback]478145[/snapback]

So are you saying that we have to buy that part in order to put the gt4 bumper, but do you know if the c-one fits prectly or do u have to buy that crash bar?

if you want a good install then yes. the gt4 crash bar with the proper frame rail adapters will make the gt4 front bumper fit perfectly and solid. all that's needed is to adjust the top of the bumper to fill the gap with the gt4 hood.

WOW i did't knew that, thanks for the help cuz i was just going to order the gt4 hood and the c-one bodykit, also do you know where can i get the c-one body kit from japan, will it cost alot more?

you can get the c-one body kit from bulletproofautomotive.com.
or from JapanParts.com but expect to wait a few months to get from either one.

This post has been edited by azian_advanced: Sep 11, 2006 - 1:30 AM

--------------------
post Sep 11, 2006 - 4:51 PM
+Quote Post
joehernandez

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '06
From San Luis AZ
Currently Offline

i found this link on ebay and i want to know if this is the cull c-one, cuz, it looks crapy

ebay

And about the other pages that you gave me, wowowowowow the price is pretty pretty high, do you know any other site where i can find them cheaper?

--------------------
post Nov 27, 2008 - 3:16 AM
+Quote Post
trdproven

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 2, '05
From Guam
Currently Offline

Just doing some research before I try a gt4 front end - Never done it but it seems like you can just cut the top part of the stock st204 crash bar. Cutting the bottom doesn't look necessary. Seems like you can just paint the bottom part black to hide the bar. Correct me if I'm wrong. Only way I see the bottom part being trimmed off is if the vents on the bumper go inwards.

--------------------
94 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tom's|Competition Clutch|5Zigen|Apexi|
|Laille/Beatrush|Magnecor|Denso|Royal Purple|Optima|PIAA|PW JDM|Megan Racing|Nitto|
|Work|Greddy|Samco|Project Mu|H&R|Gates|Moog|Rota|Yokohama|Epman|1320|Upgr8
04 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tein|BC Racing|Greddy|

89 Supra (Sold)
90 Supra (Sold)
post Nov 27, 2008 - 11:15 AM
+Quote Post
Rayme

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 18, '06
From NB, Canada
Currently Offline

QUOTE (trdproven @ Nov 27, 2008 - 4:16 AM) *
Just doing some research before I try a gt4 front end - Never done it but it seems like you can just cut the top part of the stock st204 crash bar. Cutting the bottom doesn't look necessary. Seems like you can just paint the bottom part black to hide the bar. Correct me if I'm wrong. Only way I see the bottom part being trimmed off is if the vents on the bumper go inwards.

Take a look:
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...rash+bar+bumper

You need to cut the bottom part.

--------------------

-Rémy
02 SiR, 08 250R
post Nov 28, 2008 - 1:39 AM
+Quote Post
trdproven

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 2, '05
From Guam
Currently Offline

What about the top part?

--------------------
94 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tom's|Competition Clutch|5Zigen|Apexi|
|Laille/Beatrush|Magnecor|Denso|Royal Purple|Optima|PIAA|PW JDM|Megan Racing|Nitto|
|Work|Greddy|Samco|Project Mu|H&R|Gates|Moog|Rota|Yokohama|Epman|1320|Upgr8
04 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tein|BC Racing|Greddy|

89 Supra (Sold)
90 Supra (Sold)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 12:57 PM