> What's the GT4 Bumper made out of?
post Oct 23, 2008 - 2:04 AM
+Quote Post
Random_Stranger

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 20, '07
From Bakersfield, CA
Currently Offline

Because that mess is light as heck and kinda flimsy. Or is it just mine? Anyways, I was curious about that and I am also wondering if someone can explain in full detail how to cut the stock Celica impact bar? They said it was in layers. So am I cutting it like sideways? How much? Anybody got pics? My stuff is coming in Thursday or Friday from the paint shop. Also a tab is broken in the top part of where the screw goes into the fender. The guy said I should be alright without that top tab if I just have the part where all the screws go through. Like that lil bar that bolts to the inside bottom inner part of the bumper. I kinda think it will create a gap. Wondering if I should try and fix it with fiber glass and styrofoam (that kind you can mold). Anyways, replies and thoughts are welcome and needed asap if you can give in.

Thanks

--------------------
91 MR2 Turbo SW20, 92 MR2 Turbo SW20, 95 Celica GT ST204
post Oct 23, 2008 - 2:24 AM
+Quote Post
BloodyStupidDave...

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '06
From Northampton, UK
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Random_Stranger @ Oct 23, 2008 - 8:04 AM) *
Because that mess is light as heck and kinda flimsy.

It is a rubberised plastic. Interestingly, it is a different plastic to the other Celica bumpers.

--------------------
post Oct 23, 2008 - 3:19 AM
+Quote Post
MaskedMan

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 29, '03
From 캘리포니아
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Random_Stranger @ Oct 23, 2008 - 12:04 AM) *
Because that mess is light as heck and kinda flimsy. Or is it just mine? Anyways, I was curious about that and I am also wondering if someone can explain in full detail how to cut the stock Celica impact bar? They said it was in layers. So am I cutting it like sideways? How much? Anybody got pics? My stuff is coming in Thursday or Friday from the paint shop. Also a tab is broken in the top part of where the screw goes into the fender. The guy said I should be alright without that top tab if I just have the part where all the screws go through. Like that lil bar that bolts to the inside bottom inner part of the bumper. I kinda think it will create a gap. Wondering if I should try and fix it with fiber glass and styrofoam (that kind you can mold). Anyways, replies and thoughts are welcome and needed asap if you can give in.

Thanks

The crash is made up of what I like to refer to as 3 inner chambers. Basically, you're going to cut across the bar, removing the bottom "layer" of the crash bar making it 2/3 of the size it was originally. I don't have any physical pictures, but I just drew this picture for you smile.gif .

As for the bumper, I'm not quite sure what you are referring to, but having just 1 tab broken shouldn't be a problem. The bumper is held on by enough bolts as is, so it should hold just fine.

This post has been edited by MaskedMan: Oct 23, 2008 - 3:19 AM

--------------------

post Oct 23, 2008 - 3:47 AM
+Quote Post
lubu

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 2, '07
From Great Western Plateau
Currently Offline

Not sure about the normal gt4 bumper but with the C-one gt4 bumper you will need to cut it to 1/3.

--------------------

98% completion
---
aaRon
post Oct 23, 2008 - 11:38 AM
+Quote Post
Random_Stranger

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 20, '07
From Bakersfield, CA
Currently Offline

Thank you so much guys and Derrick, that is exactly what I was needing. Thank you so much my friend. I can't wait to get this thing on here. Also, I feel much better then, I guess it should stick. If not though, I am going to fiber glass a tab on there. I guess I will have to wait and see. I am sooooooooo excited.

--------------------
91 MR2 Turbo SW20, 92 MR2 Turbo SW20, 95 Celica GT ST204

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 1:45 AM