6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

53 Pages V  « < 51 52 53  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Richee3's Progress thread., Wilwood BBK installed.
post Feb 7, 2018 - 10:12 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

The camera makes them look a little brighter than they really are. I donít think I could tolerate them if they were as bright in real life as they seem. They are Diode Dynamics LEDís. Iíve tried several other brands that all failed but the Diode Dynamics bulbs have been going for several years with no issues. I sanded the backs of the gauges to get rid of the green tint as well.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

Mine- 1997 Supra- TT 6 speed, BPU. 460 whp.
Hers- 1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
Ours- 2016 4Runner Trail Edition.
post Feb 7, 2018 - 10:34 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Online

agreed. the camera and longer exposure will make it look that much brighter but it isn't. that's how i shot mine. hahaha

but I might have to get some of those from diode dynamic. I'm still going through my cheapo 20 pack I bought from ebay and now I see why they come in 20s. I have to change out at least one every year and it's getting annoying. my tach is flickering right now and will probably give me a seizure while driving. the rest are fine so it's a hit and miss with these.

--------------------
F*CK photobucket!!

post Feb 7, 2018 - 10:41 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

I tried eBay LEDís, Superbrightledís, vledís, the list goes on. They only ever lasted a couple of months to a year. Finally spent the money to try Diode Dynamics back in like 2013 and not a single one has failed yet. I get a slight flicker out of the type 74 in my key ring light on occasion but itís not bad and doesnít happen often.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

Mine- 1997 Supra- TT 6 speed, BPU. 460 whp.
Hers- 1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
Ours- 2016 4Runner Trail Edition.
post Feb 7, 2018 - 10:48 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Online

yea, I've tried superbrightleds as well and they did last almost a year i believe.
I put some in the license plate lights on the trix and it's a party back there some nights. I'm sure drivers following me think I'm some idiot ricer who put a strobe light in the back. lol

I will need to get a good number from diode dynamic and do a full replacement all my cars. given the gauges aren't too hard to get to in the 6th gen but when I do my 1st gen I do not want to go back into it and replace ONE bulb. you have to take most the dash apart to get to them. lol

--------------------
F*CK photobucket!!

post Feb 7, 2018 - 2:11 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Springville, AL
Currently Offline

I've surprisingly have had good luck with eBay/Amazon stuff, though I had one set that burnt up within a minute of use as they got the resistor value way off as it was 10% of what it should've been. Of course I got refunded real fast after sending pictures and explaining how they got the resistor value wrong. Those were single LED chip "bulbs" and I ended up replacing them with old school single 12V(kind that look like tic-tacs) and they worked great with no resistors. It's really hit and miss, but if you know what to look for it can help somewhat. For what it's worth my brother ponied up for Sylvania ZEVO bulbs for his tag lights after having everything else he tried flicker, and sometimes burn up in smoldering ash, and they've been going strong for a year or two now. I hear the Philips LED are also good. I think depending on the severity of failure and how long they stay on the more you should spend, of course in a lot of instances halogen works just as good or better still. The only reason I bothered with LED myself was to go all amber lighting so I wouldn't go blind at night turning on a light or get a headache staring at my red instrumentation.

This post has been edited by Box: Feb 7, 2018 - 2:12 PM

--------------------

1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula hardtop 6-speed
post Feb 7, 2018 - 2:22 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

Ya for updates!

--------------------
6gc.net "Midwest Spring Meet" 5-18-13
Full Resolution
post Yesterday, 09:34 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Good updates coming so far. I really thought about buying the BBK when it was for sale but couldn't justify the needs for it just yet.
post Today, 09:55 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Online

bump?! lol.... do people even bump anymore? is it hip? is it cool?

--------------------
F*CK photobucket!!

53 Pages V  « < 51 52 53
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: bryanf

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: February 20th, 2018 - 10:36 AM