Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carfax
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
brianforster
ok so while in the market for my car I usually try and run a carfax on it (i dont have an account I just see how many things pop up)

and all of the ones I have found have had 10+ entries in the carfax database

what all is considered an entry on the database?

its kind of concerning to know a car I might buy has all of these entries.

have you had experiences with these VIN checks? if so post them please smile.gif
Clipsetuner
well depending alot of things show up.
but when your looking for a car, alot of people will try and mess with you. Like on a RX7 we were buying got the VIN and ran it, and found out it was on a different Chasis, and the VIN had been changed, and we later found out that is was a white car even tho is was painted black. Later found out that it was a chop shop that'd change vins and stuff so will never go there again. Depending on what kinda car your looking at, and depending how much money/time you gonna dump into this car get the chasis code's and the Vins and make sure there the right one for the car. I know my buddy looked at a Skyline and it was just to good of a deal, then had a buddy read us the chasis code and a Skyline body was sitting on a older supra frame. So just becarefull, and oh yeah about the Skyline we just ended up paying 60k and got one direct from Japan ( lucky ba$tards I know ) hehe
DTE
LatinKraze
Does anyone know if there are any other promos for a free carfax report??
brianforster
Maybe we could buy one as a forum or something, from what I know they are unlimited uses.

I wonder how long a lifetime/unlimited account is
3FingersCelica
QUOTE (brianforster @ Mar 4, 2004 - 12:43 AM)
I wonder how long a lifetime/unlimited account is

It's not cheap my parents work at a car dealership and they pay a couple hundred dollars a month.
Mousetrashdiver
Carfax is a joke, lets say some one flooded thier car, if they didnt file it on their insurence then it wont be on a carfax report (of course that means they fixed it out of there own pocket.)
Kwanza26
QUOTE (Mousetrashdiver @ Mar 4, 2004 - 5:49 AM)
Carfax is a joke, lets say some one flooded thier car, if they didnt file it on their insurence then it wont be on a carfax report (of course that means they fixed it out of there own pocket.)

That's true... my AE86 rang up clear on carfax... however... if you see it in person, it's defiantely not 'clean'... although it will be when I'm done with it.
Morel
Carfax doesn't bring up all things..

My first car was a 93 Hyundai Scoope.. It had a cracked frame, was in 4 crashes, new tranny, new moter, and all sorts of problems.. Even had a Rebuilt title..

It had a clean carfax report.. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.