Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ct-26 turbo
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Andyman
I may have gotten a bit confused from some celica.net talk, but i got the impression that this is a supra turbo that can be adapted to 6th gen celicas? Am I anywhere near right because it's very inexpensive for a turbo.
boosted_K2
actually the ct-26 is the turbo also used in the 3sgte stock... its a very common toyota OEM turbo. and yes its adaptable to the 6gc... do some homework though on makeup of turbos and how to get one that fits the correct app and how to make it efficiently... a good reference to start with is a book called "maximum boost" by corky bell its like 25 bucks on amazon.com its basic and a good place to start... personally i recommend everyone have a good backround on exactly how turbos work and how to make them efficient on your application... like for instance our cars redline out at 6000 RPM, you dont want a turbo that hits full boost at 4000 RPM, instead you want an app that hits max around 2500 RPM that way your boosting through more of your powerband... im still not all that knowledgable yet, but i plan on changing that before attempting any turbo project on my car... its a really involved project and i just wanna urge everyone to do how much homework on it that you deem necessary.... and then do some more ontop of that. im just touching the tip of the iceburg as it is... some good people to learn from on this site are neverstop and west minist.
boosted_K2
oh and also read some stuff on the mr2 DSM and subaru boards, you dont need to post, just read wink.gif
Andyman
alright thanks a lot
boosted_K2
NP wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.