Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Clutch, Crappy Results
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
liquidnate5000
I just put in a lot of work on my car over the last couple of days. I installed my Pro-Kit Springs, got a tune up, replaced my worn clutch, and had my flywheel resurfaced. Unfortunately, other than the smoother ride from my springs, my car is simply not performing like it used to. I feel like it has more trouble accelerating and getting to higher speeds like it did before I put the work in. I have to push in all the way on the gas to get anywhere fast. Plus there is this aweful scratching noice I hear whenever I'm about to shift gears. I think I got screwed over on the clutch job, but I don't know what to do.
boosted_K2
the clutch has like a 300 mile breakin period, give it a month and you should have a big difference.
boosted_K2
but make sure where you got the job done at will honor a warranty or something if it isnt better within that time
Benevolence
QUOTE (K2_Celica @ Feb 1, 2003 - 12:04 AM)
the clutch has like a 300 mile breakin period, give it a month and you should have a big difference.

When I got my clutch my car felt twice as fast, really made a difference right away.
west_minist
Do you know if you are getting clutch slippage?

When you change gears, does it feels like the clutch is taking awhile to engage?

If everything seems ok, could it be your tuning?
liquidnate5000
Well, I took a look and found a few bolts that were loose and my transmission mount was not firm either. After a little tightening up, things sounded a little better, but I guess I'll still give it about a month until I figure out if it's just not broken in. I know it's not slipping though... at least I'm pretty sure.
Anyway, maybe I'll just look for chicks for about 300 miles until I break it in. lol
boosted_K2
yes if you are running on a worn clutch it makes a HUGE difference right away, but it still isnt fully broken in and probably shouldnt be engaged higher than 4500-5000 RPM untill its broken in.
CeliBria
I just put in my Centerforce Dual Friction clutch on Saturday and even after just 200 miles it's driving like a dream - it feels ten times faster...give it a little time - if it still drives like that get it checked out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.