Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will a dealer take me seriously?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
brianforster
I am just turned 18 and Im looking at a 94 hatchback, turquoise, black leather, 108k miles, AT(what i want) for 5,400. I am going to offer 4500 and if he wont take that I hope he will atleast take 5k.

I aksed my parents to go with me but they dont want me to buy a celica, they are stupid when it comes to cars, they suggested to me today that I buy this 1996 mustang near me. (they dont want me to have a celi because I have a bad driving record, but theyll suggest a MUSTANG? atleast the celi can handle well..)

Anyways they prolly wont go with me so I was wondering how a dealer would react to me and maybe one of my friends coming in to look at a car provided I have cash.

Also how much do tax+title+tags usually cost.

Thanks guys smile.gif
Benevolence
Since its a used car they will most likely welcome you with open arms provided that they know your somewhat serious about buying a car in the first place.
bufferdan
They will probably let you take it out. Now if you were trying to take out a Z28 camaro or something then that might be a different story.

For taxes and all that it depends on how much your state tax is. Say you bought the car for 5000$ and your state tax is 7% then you will pay 5350$. The dealer can let you know of all the fee's though.
brianforster
QUOTE (Benevolence @ Mar 8, 2004 - 9:12 PM)
Since its a used car they will most likely welcome you with open arms provided that they know your somewhat serious about buying a car in the first place.

yeah ive traded several emails with the guy aquiring info about it, and im gonna schedule a test drive this weekend i think.

also what about getting hte car home, i know you can only get temp tags with proof of insurance, and i dont think im gonna have enough money for my down payment for my insurance with buying this car, because i have to pay 25% of my yearly premium which is gonna be like 3000 cause i have 2 accidents, a fender bender and a point on my record
brianforster
wow talk about a turnaround from my mom, she used to work at lots of car dealerships and it turns out the one this is at is a branch of her old one. so she calls up her old friend and her old friend told us to offer him 3700 and they will definitly take it, i love having hook ups! smile.gif
Digndoug
well i was gunna say only offer 4k no more, but **** you have a sweet as-s hook-up, thats def nice price.. good luck.. just make sure its not leaking any oil no matter how many miles it has... good luck, im still trying to find out about the other ones.. if this for some reason falls through
brianforster
haha yea thanks bro, im gonna end up paying 3910 with tax and title and 30 day temp tags, then 470 for my down payment on my insurance then with whats left im gonna spend on sound cause thats number one priority right now haha im an audiophile!
Digndoug
QUOTE (brianforster @ Mar 8, 2004 - 11:21 PM)
haha yea thanks bro, im gonna end up paying 3910 with tax and title and 30 day temp tags, then 470 for my down payment on my insurance then with whats left im gonna spend on sound cause thats number one priority right now haha im an audiophile!

phat.... if your interested.. im thinking about sellling all my stuff.. well My amp subs an box an cap... I have a 700s amp two channle- rated at 899 watts rms @2 ohm... two rockford he2's dual sealed sub box and i far. cap.. I spent close to $1250 plus I have the service plans fromm bestbuy, which i can get brand new subs with.. also these are the last of the good rockfords.. as you might have heard there quality have gone down on the nex amps.. that an im close so i could meet you somewhere.. let me know.. i also have a pair of infinity speakers used for maybe around 3 months or so..
97sccelica
hey, im 18 too and they let me drive an 03 lightning, and an 02 trans am

with the lightning it was easy tho cuz my uncle works at the dealer

its a 135hp automatic fwd car, easy to drive and far from new.

oh and a celica is cheaper in all aspects when compaired to a mustang
boosted_K2
me and my girlfriend went up to a toyota dealership to check out some of the new and used 02-03 Celica GTS for her, we're 18, one dealership didnt even say anything to us, and the other one offered us a test drive in a 03 GTS. then we went to an acura dealership and one of the ladys there was super nice explained everything for the RSX and offered us a test drive, it just depends where you go i guess.
macavely
well ever dealership has one of each car that they use to test drive... well the really big dealers... only thing they car about is if you have a vaild drivers licences...every few months i just go into any dealership for a test drive...

in the last year i test drove the an 03 civic si, 03 elcipse gt, bmw M3, RSX type-S, CLK600, and Mustang SVT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.