Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 GEN VS 7 GEN
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Nigel
most probably alright been done,

which would you have and why

I notice that 7 gens aint as fast as they look. inless you have a 190.

if i had the money, id get gt4 but happy with my gt. 7 gen are too new and expencive i think.
mr_dude
Ever seen a 7th gen (slightly modified) jumping off a mound into a lake of mud in the middle of the Sahara? I didn't think so, 6th gen (liftback:) for life!

Though I think the GT-Four is really just a modern day unicorn... they don't exist. Sure they're in video games, sure you can download pictures of them - even ones with girls... nevermind. But have you ever seen one? I think not. And ones with hand made GT-Four stickers don't count.
Redline_Racer

6gens all the way! I like 7gens but they arn't curvy enough for me. As for the GT-4 I believe biggrin.gif .

-Brandon
Silver94CelicaOwner
I absolutely love my GT....Only things that i would change however are to have a smaller steering wheel with the ergonomical hand-grippy things and slightly more supportive seats, a 5th gear that was geared a little bit lower (so you could cruise with the flow of traffic without such high revs), and a little more power when you want it. Oh and a cupholder that you can actually use....

A 7th Gen. GTS embodies all of the improvements that i wish for in my car, and then some. It feels great to sit in, and resembles the feel of my GT very closely but has a kick ass engine and lots of higher range power to spare, along with a 6th gear for the highway and a refined interior.

Either way, you cant go wrong with a Celica...I just see the 7th gen as a more refined version of what i drive. wink.gif
5sfeTurbo
Im with him, I love the 6gen body hate the motor, the 7th gen has a excellent motor(GTS/ manual) but a wedge of cheese looking body.
macavely
i love my 6gc drives great and can take all the abuse i put it though... I might be one of the few poeple on the borad that like the look of the 7gc.. yea it's not as sexy at the 6gc but the 7gc was desigend from and for track races.... maybe one day i'll have a 7gc right next to my 6gc.
Silver94CelicaOwner
Im with you mac....except i want that Supercharged MKI MR2 i drove parked right next to the Celica, with a nice big heated garage to keep them both in. wink.gif
Crzybakerdog
everytime i drive my moms 7th gen gts i feel like going 100+mph because it is so fast; if only they werent so ugly looking but the interior is ok i guess cause it feels so luxury to me with more space and leather seats that i lack but hey you get what you pay for
XXX_Mina
this is the wrong site to get the right answer for this question... at first i wanted the new one ... my dad offered me my 6th gen, and i just fell in love with it... and then woke up the next morning and realized it was teal, the lighting at night made it look blue...but it was still stickshift, and i had fun learning how to drive it. Now it has a 3sgte and is faster than all the 7th gens i run into...

Mina
mr_dude
Oh my... what happens when you put a Celica and MR2 in a heated garage together?
kuya1284
QUOTE (mr_dude @ Mar 20, 2004 - 2:26 AM)
Oh my... what happens when you put a Celica and MR2 in a heated garage together?

Nothing... both my Celica and my brother's MR2 just sits there and collects dust while they cool off from boostin... biggrin.gif
Kwanza26
QUOTE (kuya1284 @ Mar 20, 2004 - 9:44 AM)
QUOTE (mr_dude @ Mar 20, 2004 - 2:26 AM)

Nothing... both my Celica and my brother's MR2 just sits there and collects dust while they cool off from boostin... biggrin.gif

I'll second that also... although we're collecting dust from... well... dust... ;]
Hym3n
Heated.. garage.. *drool*
neoklis
7 gen is crap.
I have a GT4 so its not a Unicorn. The car was just never imported in the States.
I believe the starter of this thread is from UK so, hey man get a GT4. You can easily find one for less than 10k there. But you have to be ready for the higher petrol costs and other expenses (insurance maintenance etc.)
celicarocker
i like them both...
amysmojo
When I purchased my 6GC 2 months ago...everyone thought I was crazy to buy an older model (1999) instead of an 2000 or higher. I guess they didnt think I knew what I was doing! I told them I purchased the newest "older" model. I LOVE the 6th G's....I dont think I would ever buy one of the newer models....they look like lego cars to me haha....Anyway just adding my opinion... dont hate me! lol smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.